OK so I'm soOO lazy.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
OK so I'm soOO lazy.....

Plus I don't know squat about Coilovers....

Ok so heres the thing:

Been weighing keeping the STi and polishing it up with repairs like repainting the bumper, fixing the fender and lip install, and getting suspension upgraded, and maybe a new map (no AP involved). So its either that, or selling the STi and sticking myself in a civic.=\

Car is at about 52k, clunk in the back is getting worse (i know i know, its a known issue), and time to get an upgrade for teh suspension. Been on my swift springs for about 40k+ now. Looking for coilovers.... Not looking to spend money on baller O's or Cusco stuff. However, not looking to get stuff that will wear out and explode after 20k miles, or dissolve upon contact with water.

Have a few in mind but, its just what i hear on the grapevine without knowing much about them..

BC Racing
Megan
JIC

Please discuss..
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
i say leave the repainting the bumper, fixing the fender and lip alone. Don't you have sway bars/endlinks? maybe tighten those parts might solve your clunking noise? I'm just thinking about how to cut cost and not spend extra money if its not necessary. I'm sure that clunk will annoy the **** out of you, i say fix that first leave hte body work alone. The way i see it since it looks like your car is all messed up no one would want to take it. hahahah

Last edited by theheckwithyou; 10-28-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

NOPE!

we checked those last time... Negatory...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 04 Red Impreza, 84 Levin GT-SR5
Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
i say leave the repainting the bumper, fixing the fender and lip alone. Don't you have sway bars/endlinks? maybe tighten those parts might solve your clunking noise? I'm just thinking about how to cut cost and not spend extra money if its not necessary. I'm sure that clunk will annoy the **** out of you, i say fix that first leave hte body work alone. The way i see it since it looks like your car is all messed up no one would want to take it. hahahah
sti struts have a pretty bad rep to clunk from the rear and its even worse when lowered.

i think all the money you spend on fixing/upgrading it will be enough to pick up a cheap daily, ex Civic or Corolla.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

See the thing is.. Gf has a civic, and we typically use that 90% of the time. My car is usually just to get me to work, and when i want to zip around town, or go for a drive. Already getting a bike (except for rainy days, riding in the rain is teh suck) for a DD early next year so the subaru will be driven less.. It will finally be babied like I always wanted. Nothing crazy, not quadruple turbo charged, with a 6 tip exhaust set up, putting down 900,001 whp, and breaking the sound barrier, or going to plaid (ref: spaceballs) when i so much as breath on my gas pedal..

I know it sounds counter productive to spend money on a car that I'm going to hardly drive but, when I bought the car, I planned to not get rid of it. I had plans to have a nice clean lookin car with decent power, rims, and simple aesthetics. Even If I was to get another car, I wanted to keep the STi....

Or maybe new struts would be better, but then, my springs are getting old maybe?? I really like the ride of my springs..
Old 10-28-2008, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AKA Sigma Pi (Co-Driver)
so i have a new pogo stick and i want to lower it what type of springs should i buy?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Swift!