i-Club.com Invite: The Prodrive Install & Detail Day! (Saturday, 03/24/07)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 11:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Originally Posted by ghibli99
Here's a slightly updated flyer, reflecting our new guests (hit F5 to refresh):

Even more surprises yet to come!

-Mike
Wow. This event gets bigger and bigger.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:31 PM

Car Info: SUBARU
Originally Posted by hey1
Wow. This event gets bigger and bigger.
It GOT bigger and bigger. Tis over now.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AKA Sigma Pi (Co-Driver)
dude this event SUCKED!!!! i didn't get to meet a long lost friend but other than that i give it a -8 on a 1-10 scale.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
Originally Posted by Sigma Pi (Nav)
dude this event SUCKED!!!! i didn't get to meet a long lost friend but other than that i give it a -8 on a 1-10 scale.
dang that it sucked that bad?
Old 03-25-2007, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Yup!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:49 PM

Car Info: Space Shuttle
the models weren't so hot...
Old 03-25-2007, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
car meets suck period. thats why we meet for drinks and harass people. save the car stuff for the track.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

i agree Car Meets blows!!!! it's just a bunch of guys asking oh did you buy that or this... how is that can you install this... my car is faster, i have more HP....

But Mike loves going to these things so i went along for the ride.

But i agree Car Meets suck.... Harassing people ROCKS!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:33 PM

Car Info: Genesis Coupe
haha car meets i remember thoughs days. so i guess the prodrive meet blowed *****. sorry to hear.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX Wagon
Sorry you guys didn't have a good time , but I'm posting this anyway:

740 miles of driving from AZ to CA and back (over 1000 total for the weekend), 3-4 hours of sleep each night on Thursday and Friday night before the drive/meet, several hours of work on my car only to discover my stock downpipe was cracked and leaking (and had to reverse my work on Sunday morning!), and 12+ hours of nonstop Prodrive insanity on Saturday. It was like working a weeklong tradeshow in the span of two days. My body is sore and fatigued, voice is shot, my mind is cloudy, and I’m still having a hard time sleeping…

…but damn, what an incredible day!

Who knew that when the idea to move the Fountain Valley install/detail day to a larger venue came up, that it would evolve and blossom into what was perhaps one of the best meets in the area? I was very humbled by this entire experience, and wanted to take some time to write something to everyone involved:

I have to first and foremost thank Vince/Bishop for being such a great collaborator, communicator, and supporter of this. He not only got the ball rolling with Dan on this initially, but he always has people’s best interests in mind. He might not remember this, but I do: back at our second install day, when he saw that I was stressed out and being torn in many different directions by people asking questions, he came up to me to check to see how I was doing, and asked if I wanted to sit down and have a beer. We’d only met once before at the SCS meet, but anyone who’s met him knows that he’s a genuinely great person, and someone whose involvement in this can NOT be taken lightly. Like Kramer once told Jerry, YOU’RE THE STRAW THAT STIRS THE DRINK. And on top of all he did before the meet, in getting things organized w/ Dan and helping out at the shop to get it ready for Saturday, he spent the majority of the day working on installs in the bays, missing out on just about all the fun elsewhere. Vince, you’re a class act, bro. I’ll be in touch via PM about some extra stuff for ya.

Next, to our host, Dan Antonielli and EVERYONE at Prodrive for their help, cooperation, support, contributions, and hospitality. We couldn’t have done it without you! In a very short time, so much went into making this happen that it was amazing seeing it all come together. When I showed up at Prodrive Friday night when I got back to SoCal, the hairs on my arms stood up. I couldn’t believe it, and seeing everyone putting in such an effort to make sure everything was ready by Saturday just couldn’t be put into words. The greatest compliment I heard on Saturday was, “Wow, I feel really comfortable at this meet… everyone’s really nice, and the Prodrive staff is going out of their way to help us.” That definitely made me smile, despite my high level of stress throughout the day! From dealing with our guests, handling the raffle, manning the BBQ, keeping things organized and moving smoothly, etc., it was great, and these folks were definitely the gears under the hood making sure everything was moving smoothly. Dan, I’ll be in touch about some other things, too.

I also wanted to thank Rich/MPREZYA, Chelsea/wrx grl, and the other NASIOC/TMT staffers for their support both before and during the meet. You all were a great help in assisting us in getting things organized, running PR and damage control at the meet, getting the shots for the ‘zine. Rich, thanks for the gear! It might be a little big, but I’ll try to shrink it a bit in the wash. Chelsea, sorry I couldn’t make it to the dinner or afterparty. I was just way too tired. Happy Birthday again (next time, we need some NASIOC singing lessons!), and hope you all had a great time afterwards!

Marvin, Evan, and Mo, thank you so much for your dent removal, detailing, and alignment services! I’m glad that the three of you could make it, given your very busy schedules, but I heard nothing but good things about your work. Evan, thanks again for the nice wash at the end of the day. My wheels were especially thankful, since they haven’t been cleaned since November! However, the car looks/feels great, which is a testament to the full detail treatment you gave it late last year. It’s still going strong! Marvin, you do fantastic work as always, as people couldn’t stop talking about the quality of your pulls. Again, I’m glad you were able to make it, despite everything you have going on (both professionally and personally). Mo, it was nice to finally meet you in person officially, even though I immediately remembered you from a past HB meet, where I spent most of my time gawking at your amazing Forester -- I never get enough of that thing! Hope you all had a good time at the meet otherwise when you were able to pull yourselves away from your work!

Thank you to all of our vendors, special guests, and raffle contributors! It was great for you guys to take time out of your busy schedules to hang out with the local community, answer questions, and have a great time. We also really do appreciate the contributions for the raffle! So many freebies, too. The outpouring of generosity was wonderful to experience.

I also don’t want to leave out anyone who contributed food, drinks, coolers, ice, or other items! Thanks to everyone who brought stuff! We had more than enough food and drinks throughout the day, and I don’t think anyone left hungry after that massive BBQ! It was very cool of you all to bring these items to the meet, and I for one, took part in lots of waters, sodas, and snack items!

And last, but certainly not least, I wanted to send my deepest thanks to the mechanics and “pit crew” in the warehouse, tirelessly working on cars all day long, answering questions, dealt w/ lots of complaining, keeping things organized, and I think we made it through the entire day without losing or misplacing a single tool! YOU GUYS KICKED SOME SERIOUS BUTT. Vince/Bishop, Mitch/teiva-boy (I don’t care, you’re getting work done on your car first next time… you’re now the new Anthony of these meets!), Paul/paulsaidhi, Paul’s friend (sorry, I can’t remember your name/SN!), Anthony/WRBWRXVII, Ryan/r12rex, Daniel/Thormix, and thanks to Ken/Akuma_JDM and Andy/rAndal- for helping me with my downpipe (and for hooking us up w/ the burgers/dogs!). I couldn’t believe how filthy I was after my first venture underneath my car! Again, you guys ROCKED, and we all owe you a debt of gratitude for your help all day long in the garage!

Thanks for everyone’s feedback so far, too! We love to hear it, both the good and the bad. If we do this again, it’s feedback like this that’ll make the next one that much better. We’re sorry we couldn’t get to all the installs (and I myself feel bad for not being in there as much as I usually am), and I think the bay setup kept a lot of people out that probably wanted to wrench, but we’ll work out those details next time. Again, we appreciate the help from those who gave it!

In the end, what gets me is that here we have Prodrive, one of the biggest, most respected, and most professional companies in the industry, and they put themselves out there to host something like this for the local SoCal community. It’s an awesome gesture that you don’t see often, and I for one, applaud everyone involved for their help. I feel like our community is even tighter now as a result. To me, that’s what matters the most.

Until next time,

-Mike/ghibli99
M.Motoda Photography
Contributor, The Monkey’s Trunk

Last edited by ghibli99; 03-26-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:15 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
i had a good time i got to see alot of peeps i didnt see in a while

i thought noel looked good
Old 03-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Car Info: SUBARU
Originally Posted by sigma pi
i had a good time i got to see alot of peeps i didnt see in a while

i thought noel looked good
Don't forget the highlight of the meet when you got a mad tyte jdm zerosports thingy.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:50 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
its a phone charm

no i loaded up on redbulls hehe
Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Talking

Well, I had a GREAT Time!!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 PM

Car Info: ass, grass or cash. no one rides for free
w00t!! what a freaking great turn out!! thanks everyone!!

Quick Reply: i-Club.com Invite: The Prodrive Install & Detail Day! (Saturday, 03/24/07)