i-Club.com Invite: The Prodrive Install & Detail Day! (Saturday, 03/24/07)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:25 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX Wagon
i-Club.com Invite: The Prodrive Install & Detail Day! (Saturday, 03/24/07)

Hi all,

The main thread is over on NASIOC, which is where it's being tracked/maintained. If any of the local (heck, non-locals, too!) i-Club.com folks can make it, that'd be great! We're trying to make this the biggest SoCal meet that we can, and it's already pretty huge. Spread the word!

Thread link:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1212428

PRODRIVE
1537-C E McFadden Ave
Santa Ana CA 92705

Date: Saturday, March 24, 2007
Time: 9:00AM-6:00PM (possibly later)

Hosted by Dan Antonielli of PRODRIVE
A NASIOC Manufacturer

Media coverage provided by THE MONKEY'S TRUNK
MPREZYA, wrx grl, WHTSTirex, Rallyroo, ghibli99, and others TBA

TMT will be bringing Ms. Noelle Lyn, our first featured model!
She will be hosting a video feature for one lucky car/owner for use in TMT's very own Livevideo.com account and e'zine!

TMT will also be bringing Kailiyah Rey!
TMT will be shooting at least one car for the cover of an upcoming TMT issue with Kailiyah, so be sure to dress your Subie to impress!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...friendid=19698

Special Guests:

Trey and Justin from COBB TUNING
They will be in attendance to support any guests installing Cobb products, and to meet with the SoCal Subaru community!

CRAWFORD PERFORMANCE
The crew from Crawford will be bringing out a few of their monster shop cars for the day!

SUN AUTOMOBILE
Mike from Sun Auto is now confirmed to attend!

LIVE SOCKETS ENTERTAINMENT
Representatives from Live Sockets Entertainment will be there, who are working with TMT on some exciting projects!

POWER ENTERPRISE USA
Nate from Power Enterprise will be in attendance!

SPD TUNING
Mike Shields from SPD Tuning will be joining us!

HPI RACING
HPI Racing has given us some items to raffle off!

Detailing provided by:
Evan Zelien & Co. of Surfside Mobile Detailing (evanz@surfsidedetailing.com): Evan is confirmed for the 24th, and has just purchased a $2,000 hot water carpet extraction machine. They can thoroughly clean and sanitize your seats, carpets, floor mats, and other interior appointments! All details include interior vacuum/dusting, window cleaning, and tire dressing. The different types of services being offered include:
  • Wash and Wax
  • Wash, Claybar, Wax
  • 6-12 month synthetic paint sealant: Wash, Claybar, Meg #21 synthetic paint sealant, Wax
  • Mini Detail: Wash, Claybar, Machine Polish (remove light swirls and scratches), Wax
  • Full Detail: Wash, Claybar, Machine Polish, Wax, Interior thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed, hot-water floor mat extraction, the works!
Dent Removal provided by:
Marvin Ronquillo of Gravel Crew Rally Team USA (mrgravelcrew@yahoo.com): Marvin is now confirmed for the 24th, so he will be periodically checking this thread over the next few weeks leading up to the meet! We have one request for those of you who are interested. If possible, please take a few pics of the damaged area at different angles and whatnot. That way, it'll be easier for him to evaluate how much work and time will be needed per car/panel. No need to post pics in this thread, but have them ready in case he requests them. Some spots are a little harder to work on than others, and please keep in mind that even the smallest dents take a fair amount of time. [I watched him work on cars at Rancho Smeade several months ago, and he does amazing, perfectionist-quality work -Mike]

Alignment Services provided by:
dads_cruizzzer: Alignment service sign-ups are now available! There will be an indoor space for this service, and those who are getting new lowering springs should first drive around a while and get the springs settled. Unless toe is obviously bad, you should put about 100 miles on it before an alignment. Those with bad tire wear or cars that drive themselves to the next lane will want to get an alignment! A few restrictions/requirements:
  • No damaged frames.
  • All tires must be the same diameter. Different widths are OK.
  • If I can't get to the frame or the car is too low, preventing me from getting to the adjusting points, I may have to deny some cars.
  • Cars with coilovers must already have their heights set at all four corners.
  • Each car will take about 45 minutes, I may ask for some assistance to speed things up. These will be done on a first come, first serve basis.
  • Please PM dads_cruizzzer for prices!
Guidelines & Other Important Info:
  • 4 cars can be worked on at any one time in Prodrive's garage/bays. There are no lifts, but the bays are fully lit, so lighting should not be an issue as the sun goes down. There will be an air compressor, although this will be operated only by Dan and other authorized folks for safety reasons.
  • Bishop, teiva-boy, and paulsaidhi will be lending their expertise and offering up additional help in the bays. Please note that while Dan will have his own tools, please bring your own tools if possible.
  • There will be select parts available at reduced prices! However, please don't turn this thread into a For Sale one, and this meet isn't a garage sale.
  • Food is being provided by Prodrive, as well as multiple barbeque grilles.
  • Sometimes installs take specialized tools. Make sure these are available, or please source/borrow them before the meet. Also, please be considerate of time. Although everyone online will tell you they can do a turbo swap in 15 minutes with one hand tied behind their back, reality is something else. This isn't Monster Garage... it's a very casual event. And historically, we've gotten through about 1/3-1/2 of everything on the original lists, so please be realistic about both the type and amount of installs you're looking to do.
  • Use your common sense and be respectful. No speeding, blasting your stereo, or littering.
  • If you borrow tools, it is important that you return them to the person you borrowed them from, and return them exactly where you found them. There's nothing more aggravating that asking everyone where your 12mm socket went.
  • A part of why these install/detail days are so successful and fun is because of the contributions from those who attend. I encourage everyone to please chip in something for snacks/drinks and the comfort of yourself and others. Chips, crackers, candies, sodas, water, juice, ice, coolers, chairs, etc. are all cheap and easy ways to contribute. For the Install Day vets, you know how this works. And please, NO BEER OR ALCOHOL. If you guys want to go out afterwards for some dinner and some suds, that's an option, but please respect the place, and do not bring alcohol onto their property.
  • Most importantly, HELP OUT. If you want to get work done on your car, we expect you to get dirty and help. You'll have fun, learn a lot about your car, and move things along faster for everyone!

Last edited by ghibli99; 03-20-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:33 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
so we install them?

or we can have parts installed i dont get it
Old 03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
I would like to go but I have a mud run that day. I'll join you next time, Ghibli.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 PM

I wil be at HIN Night Shift...
Old 03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AKA Sigma Pi (Co-Driver)
Originally Posted by hey1
I would like to go but I have a mud run that day. I'll join you next time, Ghibli.

Mud Run?? as in Butt Mud???
Old 03-06-2007, 10:07 PM

Car Info: ass, grass or cash. no one rides for free
Originally Posted by hey1

we're gonna miss ya bro!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 PM

Car Info: Dodge SRT4
woo hoo prodrive.... are neons allowed to come?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:16 AM

yup!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Originally Posted by Sigma Pi (Nav)
Mud Run?? as in Butt Mud???
huh?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 AM
9 to 5 mod

the runs = butt mud

kenny are you going?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
this or HIN night shift ? hMM
i think i'll drop by and say hi to Kenny and Vince
Old 03-07-2007, 02:50 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by kenji815
this or HIN night shift ? hMM
i think i'll drop by and say hi to Kenny and Vince

i'll be there all day bro!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
9 to 5 mod

wow get to meet j bishop ?!?!

if it was my b day weekend i would roll
Old 03-07-2007, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
wow get to meet j bishop ?!?!

if it was my b day weekend i would roll
d00d! come by for a few. it starts at 9am.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:05 PM
9 to 5 mod

ill try

Quick Reply: i-Club.com Invite: The Prodrive Install & Detail Day! (Saturday, 03/24/07)