How Functional (If at all) is my........

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Originally Posted by UberMaus
Yeah I know that the wing isn't going to get me out of tickets. Just less attention I suppose. The wing is starting to make me feel like i'm going down the street doing the goaste pose for cops to see .

I sort of like the idea of the second second wing. Keep the orginal wing mounted on the original trunk, so I don't dick around with drilling holes and all that bs and end up with a crooked wing..
Watch your speed while driving. Driving the speed limit won't get the cops attention.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

omg lol
Old 11-04-2008, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by laoba
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

omg lol
I have a big wing on my car too and I don't speed down the streets. The cops don't look in my direction
Old 11-04-2008, 10:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
oh rly

Actually it's 50lbs at 100mph....I was off by a little.

Last paragraph: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...l_changes.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...preza_wrx.html
Old 11-04-2008, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
yeah who would have ever thought if you drive speed limit the cops will never look your way!! dont break the law kiddies! vote for palin!!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
hell no... The day I get into a camery (no offense to anyone with camarys) is the day one is given to me, and the bank takes my car. I thought about the accord, in fact I thought about getting another car all together. If you guys remember, I was asking a lot of questions about daily beaters a week or two ago.

However, I started looking at my car when i got home the other day, and started thinking how much I hate the fact that I still haven't finished it yet, and i've had the damn thing for 3 years. This is the longest I have gone on ANY of my cars without touching it and getting it to how I wanted before I even bought the car.

Case in point. My Rx7, I knew I wanted the sleepy eyes headlights, exhaust, and lowered, and a system. All done within a year, then I got rid of my car a little later. Bought a Mitsu galant (what the hell was I thinking), system, rims, lowered, cleared out my corners exhaust. DONE! within 9 months of getting the car.. Kept that thing for 4 years, then SOLD! Bought my truck. Took me a little longer to put all the pieces together cause a lift kit and tires were mucho bucko.. a year after getting my truck 8 inch lift, HIDs, tires, exhaust, rims and blew almost 2 grand on a system. DONE!

With the subaru.... 3 years and counting and all i have is a damn exhaust. lol.. I had plans for my car, much like all my others.... I'm not trying to get a bazzillion whp or enough aero dynamics to get me to the moon without waking me up as I sleep.. Take a look at one of the norcal guys Name:  workwholecar.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  102.7 KB, now thats what I like. Uber Clean, i even have the same lip, I just never put it on -_- ...

Don't get me wrong, everyone one has their own taste, and I seriously applaud the time and effort yous guys put into yous guys cahs (yes like guido would say it lol), i mean it when i say you get a big thumbs up from me, and it looks amazing. However for me, I guess I just have a slightly different style in mind..

So yeah, anyway, I guess that sorta puts into prespective about why I have been contemplating on selling my ride... Then again, since i moved, and my commute is farther. I've been able to spend more time in the car and started missing the bond I've always had with my whips. I guess when you used to live 2.3 miles from work, and took the gf's car everywhere (civic) other than going to and from work, you sorta lose sight of WHY you bought the car in the first place.. So yeah, that's where I am with my car right now..

whoa...TOO much coffee @_@

Last edited by UberMaus; 11-04-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

hell no... The day I get into a camery (no offense to anyone with camarys) is the day one is given to me, and the bank takes my car. I thought about the accord, in fact I thought about getting another car all together. If you guys remember, I was asking a lot of questions about daily beaters a week or two ago.

However, I started looking at my car when i got home the other day, and started thinking how much I hate the fact that I still haven't finished it yet, and i've had the damn thing for 3 years. This is the longest I have gone on ANY of my cars without touching it and getting it to how I wanted before I even bought the car.

Case in point. My Rx7, I knew I wanted the sleepy eyes headlights, exhaust, and lowered, and a system. All done within a year, then I got rid of my car a little later. Bought a Mitsu galant (what the hell was I thinking), system, rims, lowered, cleared out my corners exhaust. DONE! within 9 months of getting the car.. Kept that thing for 4 years, then SOLD! Bought my truck. Took me a little longer to put all the pieces together cause a lift kit and tires were mucho bucko.. a year after getting my truck 8 inch lift, HIDs, tires, exhaust, rims and blew almost 2 grand on a system. DONE!

With the subaru.... 3 years and counting and all i have is a damn exhaust. lol.. I had plans for my car, much like all my others.... I'm not trying to get a bazzillion whp or enough aero dynamics to get me to the moon without waking me up as I sleep.. Take a look at one of the norcal guys , now thats what I like. Uber Clean, i even have the same lip, I just never put it on -_- ...

Don't get me wrong, everyone one has their own taste, and I seriously applaud the time and effort yous guys put into yous guys cahs (yes like guido would say it lol), i mean it when i say you get a big thumbs up from me, and it looks amazing. However for me, I guess I just have a slightly different style in mind..

So yeah, anyway, I guess that sorta puts into prespective about why I have been contemplating on selling my ride... Then again, since i moved, and my commute is farther. I've been able to spend more time in the car and started missing the bond I've always had with my whips. I guess when you used to live 2.3 miles from work, and took the gf's car everywhere (civic) other than going to and from work, you sorta lose sight of WHY you bought the car in the first place.. So yeah, that's where I am with my car right now..

whoa...TOO much coffee @_@
That car car looks clean, simple but still nice to look at.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:19 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
IMO stop spending money! hahaha just leave it alone i like the STi's wing
Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
IMO stop spending money! hahaha just leave it alone i like the STi's wing
trunk trade?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by c279a
That car car looks clean, simple but still nice to look at.
Exactly my point..... I don't know if this makes sense, but I want to see this im my car

and feel

and not

which feels like a constant

LOL!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
trunk trade?
nah no thanks

Exactly my point..... I don't know if this makes sense, but I want to see this im my car

and feel

and not

which feels like a constant

LOL!

hahaha
awesome
Old 11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AKA Sigma Pi (Co-Driver)
Well i gave up on cars for now till 2010 so i would have to agree with Lawson stop spending money buy a beater!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:28 PM

hahaha i thought JC said buy beer hahaha
Old 11-04-2008, 01:44 PM

Car Info: 11 DGM Hatch
jeray i say wingless ftw
Old 11-04-2008, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Yeah, I'm not going for b0rk or trying to win the next HIN with my mods.. Definitely going low cost. Well, as much as I can anyway. Once i get the lip put on (course, i need to fix the aesthetic damage first), prolly trade trunks, get the limited spoiler..... Done.... I'm happy. Then the car is a keeper, even If I end up with another car later. I might even just put my stock catback on and just keep the mid and dp..

Quick Reply: How Functional (If at all) is my........