View Poll Results: Is buying a foreign car un-american?
yes
12.82%
no
87.18%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Is Buying a Foreign car Un-American?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
Think so? It helpped many business save money? Call centers. Design firms. Manufacturing.

Blame the internet, it made communication easier to outsource

narrow thinking... and yeah it saved some businesses money in the short run. I used to work for one of the largest outsourcers. I saw them cut around 80,000 jobs while I worked there. I got out just before they cut mine.

Oh... and I work for a design firm now. We've had to deal with a LOT of crappy quality out of overseas printers to "save" a buck.

One of my best friends companies is barely alive because more and more people are outsourcing machine work over seas because its cheaper. Its also MUCH lower quality. They've had more than one company come in and go... you want how much. Screw you we'll take it to denmark. Then it gets damaged in shipment back from denmark or they just do it wrong and my buddies shop has to fix it or redo their work so this "cheaper" product ended up costing more.

Outsourcing may save a few companies a few bucks... in the short run but it damages far more. Like I said before... no jobs no money. No money earned, no money to spend. No money to spend. No customers. So it saved all these companies money for a few years and made the stock market happy but now it's coming around to bite them in the *** because no one can buy their products. Hence an over inflated economy comes crumbling down.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:08 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
well less outsourcing when gas was $$$$$$$$ more expensive to ship stuff here haha
Old 12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
People want items or services cheap. Blame them

A hooker in vegas 600 plus for an american girl

120 for a korean hooker in rowland heights, fresh off the boat
Old 12-17-2008, 04:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
i don't understand people that complaint that it's unAmerican to buy foreign stuff.
You know what, next time you go to walmart and look at all the stuff you buy.
95% of the stuff will not be made in US.
Yet American people want good stuff cheap.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:31 PM
VIP Member

But then again the topic is on buying a foreign car, not business decisions.

As pointed out many american car companies build their cars in foreign countries, while foreign cars are built here. Toyota as an example builds their cars with americans in mind. If you hadn't noticed look at the big trucks and off road use vehicles.

Toyota has many business operations here in the use. Manufacturing plants and distribution facilities. This alone employees many people.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:37 AM

Car Info: oh seben lay-gah-C
But then again the topic is on buying a foreign car, not business decisions.

As pointed out many american car companies build their cars in foreign countries, while foreign cars are built here. Toyota as an example builds their cars with americans in mind. If you hadn't noticed look at the big trucks and off road use vehicles.

Toyota has many business operations here in the use. Manufacturing plants and distribution facilities. This alone employees many people.
i read somewhere that the argument is, even though toyota have plants/facilities here and have cars built here, most of the profit still goes back to corporate.

people are to ignorant to understand how much money they've put in our economy for having those stuff here, giving people jobs and what not. they just jump to conclusion, "no, it does not help us, they rake all the money no matter what."
Old 12-18-2008, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

The Numi plant in fresno is a joint venture with GM and Toyota care to explain where the money goes?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx
regardless of profits going to whom. these plants have employees that are Americans, and they get paid. Those workers in turn buy stuff which helps out the economy.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

^^ well the joint venture plants bring profit to GM.
I think American people is just ignorant.
Because the money really goes to the employees of the manufacturing plant which is in the US.

In their mind set, all the profit the Japanese car manufacturer make is brought back to Japan.

Last edited by kenji815; 12-18-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:37 PM
VIP Member

Which is false. In japan toyota is not the number one selling car company. Also japan has been in a recession for what 5 years now? With all the crazy supposid said money japan is making off the US market is plain stupid. Yes they are doing better than american companies, but to blame them is not the answer.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

I blame china for buying 43% of the US reserves. We will be spending Renminbe as our currency in the next two years. People complain about people who speak only spanish at work, we will have to learn cantonese in the future.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
the japanese companies are built on a better business model.
i look at the union as another big reason to GM's downfall. ie. job banks. wtf rite?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

I blame china for buying 43% of the US reserves. We will be spending Renminbe as our currency in the next two years. People complain about people who speak only spanish at work, we will have to learn cantonese in the future.
haha that's right..
Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 PM

Car Info: oh seben lay-gah-C
firefly foresaw this future. though they had more mandarin than cantonese in the show -_-.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Josh wheldon is always semi right

Quick Reply: Is Buying a Foreign car Un-American?