Buttonwillow May 26!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:13 PM

Car Info: Spec Miata racecar #36
Buttonwillow May 26!

T.E.A.M. Racing brings to you its first event of 2006 -- a fun-packed track day at Buttonwillow Raceway on May 26th. Cost is only $210 per driver and will include morning coffee service, a supply of water and Gatorade, snacks, catered lunches, one-on-one instruction for all novices and others who request it, and at least two hours of track time! For complete details, please visit us on the web at http://www.team-racing.org We hope you can join us!!!

Bonni Weatherwax ~ http://www.team-racing.org
"It's not how fast you go, but how big your grin is!"
Old 04-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
hmm 103dB noise limit. anyone know how much dB a completely catless helix setup puts out?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:18 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
you are pretty close if not over
Old 04-23-2006, 06:33 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon, 14 Forester XT, 96 Miata
i've never been to a track day and actually had the decibel limit enforced. I ran with no muffler at sears point and no one said anything

PS: TEAM Racing is a great run group, every event i went to in 05 was with them
Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

cool. i just got a modified exhaust, tinted front windows, and crossing double yellow ticket on friday.

i think at 3000pm, not sure how far away, i hit 98-103 dB
Old 04-23-2006, 06:57 PM

from what I have just read, you should be okay . . .but perhaps bring along the cat just in case. I'll fight for ya, no worries. Buttonwillow is pretty flat, not like Laguna or Sears. But bring the cat just in case you get black flagged. I'll have my tools there and will be glad to help.

BW

PS -- THANKS debbid -- I really appreicate that!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

heh i dont have any cats. you have to be emissions legal? cuz i dont have a silencer or a cat here.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:49 PM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Does anyone know why there is a 103db limit? It's not like Buttonwillow is right by a freeway and out in the middle of nowhere. lol sounds like fun wish I had $210 to spend.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by yayitzian
heh i dont have any cats. you have to be emissions legal? cuz i dont have a silencer or a cat here.
***No . . . the track can care less if you are emissions legal or not -- the cops might, but the track doesn't care. Putting on a cat can help quiet down your exhaust, which was the only reason I suggested it.

BW
Old 04-24-2006, 07:19 AM

[QUOTE=lovesmysuby04]Does anyone know why there is a 103db limit?{/QUOTE]

***Remember those nice folks called 'corner workers'? They don't like all the noise, either. I've had flaggers complain about cars before. Yes, they are wearing ear protection -- but if a car is loud enough, the ear protection won't help. Basically, if your car is louder than a shot from a gun, it's too loud. That's how I always thought of it -- since the corner workers are almost always using the same kind of ear muffs. And then there are the folks working in the office, etc., that are not directly involved with the track event that don't wear protection. They probably get irritated, too. So we gotta follow their rules. Funny thing . . . I actually got around a car that was typically faster than me once. Know what inspired me? He was so loud that he was ticking me off. Lol. So I just went around him and made sure he never passed me again.

BW
Old 04-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

[QUOTE=Bonster]
Originally Posted by lovesmysuby04
Does anyone know why there is a 103db limit?{/QUOTE]

***Remember those nice folks called 'corner workers'? They don't like all the noise, either. I've had flaggers complain about cars before. Yes, they are wearing ear protection -- but if a car is loud enough, the ear protection won't help. Basically, if your car is louder than a shot from a gun, it's too loud. That's how I always thought of it -- since the corner workers are almost always using the same kind of ear muffs. And then there are the folks working in the office, etc., that are not directly involved with the track event that don't wear protection. They probably get irritated, too. So we gotta follow their rules. Funny thing . . . I actually got around a car that was typically faster than me once. Know what inspired me? He was so loud that he was ticking me off. Lol. So I just went around him and made sure he never passed me again.

BW
lol. wack. shouldn't work at a race course if you dont like the sound of cars flying by you lol.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:52 PM

lol. Yeah, you'd think so, huh? But honestly -- and you can probably figure how much I love cars and racing and track days -- there truly is such a thing as too loud. I know corner workers can be downright cranky anyway sometimes, but I think it is a valid concern for their aural health. I've heard some Porsche GT Cup cars that are so loud I swear my kidneys shook. But no matter what we all might think, we gotta follow those pesky rules. You know what's weird? My first exhaust on my racecar was hecka LOUD. I passed at Sears, etc., but not at Laguna. So I had a custom exhaust built that is amazingly quiet (well, for a Spec Miata, anyway). My lap times are faster now with that quiet exhaust than with the loud one. I think it's because it *sounded* like I was going fast, but I wasn't. Lol. Weird how that stuff plays tricks on ya.

BW
Old 04-24-2006, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
Originally Posted by yayitzian
cool. i just got a modified exhaust, tinted front windows, and crossing double yellow ticket on friday.

i think at 3000pm, not sure how far away, i hit 98-103 dB
are you sure it's not 98db @ idle? hehe
and dude if you want to track your car we're going to streets of willow in may also
Old 04-24-2006, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
the very next day may 27
speed trial
Old 04-24-2006, 05:13 PM

Yup, you could make this into a two-day event! I think WSIR is only about an hour from Buttonwillow, isn't it? I'm thinking of doing the Streets, too -- especially if I can rent transport (racecars don't have a/c, radios, etc., lol). I have not been down there since 2002! Got my feet wet there, I did. And the cool thing is, I can stay over at the Essex House Saturday night, eat the free grub in the bar, and wake up and leisurely drive home (to Sacramento) on Sunday, yet still have time to unload and everything without being pressed for time. OH! And Monday's a holiday!!! Isn't there something going on Sunday that weekend, too, at WSIR?

BW

Quick Reply: Buttonwillow May 26!