Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Vote to Separate the WRX and STI threads!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Black WRX STI
Vote to Seperate the WRX and STI threads!

I want to vote that i-club.com seperate the STi and 06 WRX forums. I understand that both the WRX and the STi now have the same powerplant but they are still very different cars with different challenges. With the exception of the 2.5l EJ25T, the tranny, the turbo, suspension, frame, steering, DCCD... are all different and needed to be modded differently.

Just my $0.20!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:13 AM

Car Info: none
I agree. I have an 06 STI, and it would be nice to have seperate threads. It would definitly be nice to come in and read strictly about the 06. You got my vote!
Old 12-03-2005, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 WRX - 401whp/408wtq
I'm also in favour of this.. However, I can see how it would be a little odd to have a seperate forum stictly for the 2006 WRX... But yeah, itd be great to seperate them.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
Agreed.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP STI
w3rd
Old 12-03-2005, 10:28 PM

Car Info: wrx
you got my vote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
The forum is not for the whole vehicle, but just the motor. All those other "challenges" like suspension, steering, DCCD should go in the correct forums (like, Impreza suspension, transmission, brakes, interior/exterior etcetera) not a forum about the EJ25 turbo forum.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Black WRX STI
Originally Posted by nKoan
The forum is not for the whole vehicle, but just the motor. All those other "challenges" like suspension, steering, DCCD should go in the correct forums (like, Impreza suspension, transmission, brakes, interior/exterior etcetera) not a forum about the EJ25 turbo forum.
I hear ya - sorry I don't mean to be a d*ck but I think there are alot of us who go to the 2.5L forum for STI info (maybe just habit). So in all seriousness, I have an FP Red on my STi and put down 360 whp, could the 06 WRX do the same? Obviously all other things being equal (support equipment - exhaust, intake, injectors, tuning)?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
What he said. There's no need to adopt an elitest attitude when there are hundreds of WRXs out there that will spank the ever living ish out of my car. I don't think it'd be worth giving the Admin. the hassle when we could just as easily choose the correct forum and use our brains to think intuitively about the situation. If you're on this forum you probably know what your car came with so humble yourself and select the right thread.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
Take a look at FORUMS.VWVORTEX.COM who has a break out of cars by make/models and such. It might be worth the look.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by depdivr
I hear ya - sorry I don't mean to be a d*ck but I think there are alot of us who go to the 2.5L forum for STI info (maybe just habit). So in all seriousness, I have an FP Red on my STi and put down 360 whp, could the 06 WRX do the same? Obviously all other things being equal (support equipment - exhaust, intake, injectors, tuning)?
Simply put, yes. There will be minor differences, but overall it would be the same. The weak point (and major) difference would be in the transmission.

I don't mean to be a dick and say you don't have a good suggestion, I'm just letting you know how the site was organized.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Simply put, yes. There will be minor differences, but overall it would be the same. The weak point (and major) difference would be in the transmission.

I don't mean to be a dick and say you don't have a good suggestion, I'm just letting you know how the site was organized.
I wasn't trying to be a dick either and I'm sorry if I came off that way. Like you said though, i-club was organized on a vBulletin basis and I feel works very well in my experience. I don't think the differences are so serious as to warrant a seperate location.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:58 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Weakness
Take a look at FORUMS.VWVORTEX.COM who has a break out of cars by make/models and such. It might be worth the look.
OMG audi world is sooooo hard to read
Old 12-08-2005, 02:39 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
It would be nice to break the forums into models (RS, WRX, STi) and years/evolutions (ie 04-05) to keep things more organized, esp when it comes to engine and tranny questions.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 WRX - 401whp/408wtq
Yes.... LETS REBUILD from scratch!!!! Then we get to re-answer the daily Cold Air and Blow Off Valve questions, WOO HOO!!!!

Quick Reply: Vote to Separate the WRX and STI threads!