Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

RE: North State (CA) Impreza Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STi Blue Silver rims... Stock for now.
RE: North State Impreza Forum

Is it possible to get an Impreza Club forum for the North State area? We are not the Bay area and we are not the Sacramento area either. (North State is anyone who lives East and West of Yuba City and up to the Cali Oregon border.) I am trying to get some of the suby owners up here enthusiastic about their Subarus and it would help if I could get organized. A forum would be a great way for me to do that. If the need for an extra moderator is neccessary, I could mod it no problem.

Admins? Moderators? Anyone?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
If there was enough interest or active members to warrant creation of a new regional sub-forum, it will be done. I must mention, however, that we try to consolidate forums when possible because more is not always better. We get requests to create separate forums for GC vs GD chassis models, wagons vs sedans, the 2006 model year, etc. We believe that creating too many sub-forums on i-Club does not achieve more participation, but frankly creates more confusion as we move dozens of message threads each week that were posted in inappropriate regional or tech forums.

Yuba City is only an hour's drive from the regular Saturday Sacramento meet in Natomas. The Sac meet has had members attend from as far away as Reno (part of the Sac-Reno regional forum), Modesto, and the Bay Area.

I would suggest first rounding up interested members and participating in the SRIC regional forum with meets, drives, BBQs, or anything of interest to you in your local area (Yuba City, Marysville, Chico, etc). If there is fairly consistent activity and participation by members from those areas, then I will definitely consider creation of a new regional sub-forum.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-31-2006, 07:17 PM

Thanks for the input. I will see what kind of interest I can get. Its getting to be about that time for BBQs. One thing that I might have against me is that Chico can be pretty seasonal since it's a college town.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:10 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
+1234567 for Humboldt! We have a few members reppin (Blinguskahn, Seranin etc)
Old 09-18-2006, 02:14 PM

Well.... we have been growing here in Chico. Our group usually has about 10 people show up every week and about 20 all together that come from time to time. This plus humboldt and some other groups should be enough to warrant a North State Area.

This way we can target local folks for buying and selling parts and other events like install days and group drives.

check out out myspace group too by the way: http://groups.myspace.com/norcalsubies
Old 09-22-2006, 01:13 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
My opinion means nothing, but I don't think you guys should have your own forum, the bay area and Sacto peeps frequent your guys areas for drives and stuff- just get more active on those forums, the state isn't that big.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
there are people above Sac? just kiddin. Theres actually a lot of area in Cali that isnt covered by SCIC, BAIC, or SRIC....so just do what I do.....post in every forum!! haha, that and we made a regional website too (www.spoolinmontereybey.com) its centered around monterey/salinas/santa cruz but anyone coming through the area is welcome to check it out and get info off of there. Theres even one girl in hawaii that used to live here that joined (I believe shes on here too)
Old 10-17-2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by psoper
My opinion means nothing, but I don't think you guys should have your own forum, the bay area and Sacto peeps frequent your guys areas for drives and stuff- just get more active on those forums, the state isn't that big.

it would be nice for meets though. I for one am always in the BAIC forum but some actual local stuff would be nice. You guys are the only ones coming up this way for a drive, no other "meet" type events unless we want to drive 4+ hrs.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:36 PM

Car Info: Fast
seriously, a group for the REAL Norcal would be great. I mean, SF is 350+ miles from the Oregon Border...that is over 1/3 of the state away!!.

Every time I go into a thread about norcal, it is a bunch of Bay area or Sac people. Thats cool, but there are a LOT of Subbies here on the coast, and I am sure Chico, Redding, Yreka, ect has its share. Being able to find people who are closer without sifting through all the BA or Sac people would be great, especially when it comes to trading or helping with mods.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman
seriously, a group for the REAL Norcal would be great. I mean, SF is 350+ miles from the Oregon Border...that is over 1/3 of the state away!!.

Every time I go into a thread about norcal, it is a bunch of Bay area or Sac people. Thats cool, but there are a LOT of Subbies here on the coast, and I am sure Chico, Redding, Yreka, ect has its share. Being able to find people who are closer without sifting through all the BA or Sac people would be great, especially when it comes to trading or helping with mods.
+1 we want our own local group, the thing now is getting enough local posters. I know blinguskahn has moved to the bay and Seranin traded his '04 STi and got an EVO 9. All my suby homies are gone....

We have a ton of AWD cars in this part of the state do to all the rain. I know you guys are out there. Maybe I just need to rawk an i-club sticker on my car to get attention.

btw aboothman I think I saw you in Eureka yesterday. On broadway....
Old 12-19-2006, 07:45 PM

Car Info: missing my STI 2006
Stilyn

Hey I am up north about once a month since my girlfreind live in Eureka and is from Cresent City. I drive a white 06 STI with gold wheels that I bought up at Nader Subaru when the used to be on 7th (I think)

n e way just want to say Hi and if you are ever down in Santa Rosa let me know we are starting to have a strong showing in SR alone. Our next time I head up I'll leave a post.

Everytime I am up there I always see a blue 04-05 with silver wheels.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:14 PM

That most likely is me, or maybe Matt.

I really want to come down to SR and check out your group. Ours has kind of died down a little, mainly due to weather and the holidays (holidays and summer time make Chico a little seasonal when it comes to our meets)

Are you guys doing anything special as far as group drives anytime soon? I'd like to go for a drive with you guys for sure!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman

Eureka is a 4 hour drive for me (I live in Chico) Maybe I could gather some hardcore drivers from my area and we can come up for a day. We would probably need a place to stay. A hotel could work but some of us are poor college students. Then the next day go for a drive south on 101 or whatever you guys had in mind and then drive home afterwards. If you are interested in trying to plan something, I might be able to hype it up with some of the guys down here. There only gripe would be the gas money I am thinking...
Old 12-20-2006, 07:12 AM

Car Info: missing my STI 2006
Sr

Nothing that I know of yet. I want to plan some for the future because all of our meets are sper of the moment right now. Let me talk to some people and see what we can come up with.

what weeks work good for you?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:16 AM

Im self employed so I am flexible for the most part. As long as you can give me a couple weekends in advance I can show up on a weekend for a drive. I dont know if I would drive down to SR for just a meet though. Although if it's huge I can see it being worth it. If that's the case any day except Tuesday and Wednesday are good for me during the week.

Quick Reply: RE: North State (CA) Impreza Forum