Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Noob Section?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:55 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX 5 speed, Aspen White
Noob Section?

I think it would be a good idea to have a noob section. Not only will it give a central section for noobs to ask noob questions but also a central place to read what other noobs have already asked so you don't make an *** out of yourself. I know searching is everyones answer but sometimes it doesn't give you what your looking for.

Leon
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Yours is a decent suggestion but new members tend to always post in the General section before anywhere else. This is common even if they are asking a question about a specific region such as Pacific Northwest or the Bay Area. Most likely they would never see or look for a n00b forum since we move several posts out of the General forum just about every single day.

Maybe it's just as well since the General forum seems to be a good place where new members can introduce themselves if they choose to do so, and other members can welcome them. If they posted in a n00b forum, chances are that very few current members would visit there.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 07-12-2006, 08:08 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX 5 speed, Aspen White
Ya, but I think it would be a good place to put stickies about, lets say, chassis codes, stock figures and information, and anything a noob would need to know. Maybe we can put stuff like that in the general section. I brought this up because I am a super noob and I have had some troubles finding what GC8 meant. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. But other than that this has been the best forum I have been apart of. So many nice people.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:41 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Thumbs up

One of the best answer to your question is simple:

Use the Search this Thread

Feature and cant go wrong

Who is going to sit in 1 single post and read every single question that has been posted on this site, to be honest no one does,,, Its just like yahoo/ google,,,do the search in the forum, and if you still have any questions feel free to ask,,, Thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Originally Posted by thunder_sti
One of the best answer to your question is simple:

Use the Search this Thread

Feature and cant go wrong

Who is going to sit in 1 single post and read every single question that has been posted on this site, to be honest no one does,,, Its just like yahoo/ google,,,do the search in the forum, and if you still have any questions feel free to ask,,, Thanks

+1, yeah, pretty much