Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Go to first new post

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Go to first new post

Alex, can you take the functionality of the Go to first new post button (first pic) and move it one page level higher (second pic) so that clicking on the yellow button denoting a new post in thread will take the user to the first new post or the first post in the thread if cookies so indicate the whole thread as unread by user?

I modified the yellow new post button in the second pic but even the existing icon is okay.

Does my suggestion make sense? More importantly, do you like the idea, or your variation of it?

Thanks for your time.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

Last edited by Wingless Wonder; 05-26-2003 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:12 PM

second example pic

making new post button functional.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:52 PM

Still need a button by each thread title that takes us to the first unread new post. There is such a button when you read a thread but it needs to be relocated one page level up, at the forum level where all the threads are listed.

Several months of living with the 'new' layout and I still feel that the button needs to be moved as described.

Thanks for listening.

--
0==WW==0
Old 11-14-2003, 01:34 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Try using this link Al:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/usercp.php

Every time you post, you should get an automatic subscription to that thread. When you click on the last page number next to the thread title in your subscription list, it will go to you first unread post. You can also use this function on threads you haven't replied to, but wish to view by clicking "subscribe to this thread" at the bottom.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:25 AM

Origami posted by BAN SUVS
Try using this link Al:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/usercp.php?s=

Every time you post, you should get an automatic subscription to that thread. When you click on the last page number next to the thread title in your subscription list, it will go to you first unread post. You can also use this function on threads you haven't replied to, but wish to view by clicking "subscribe to this thread" at the bottom.
Thanks for the reply, Kevin. I took a look at what you've described and it works just as you say but what I'm really hoping for someday is what they have on NASIOC and what we used to have, which is a button which can take us to the first unread post without subscribing to the thread or going to the Control Panel.

It's not making life unbearable or anything, it's just a convenience thing. Thanks for taking the time to explain a way to get to unread posts.

--
0==WW==0