What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
What would you do?

I have a problem and wanted to get some opinions from members since this happened between an i-club member and myself.

About 2 months ago I was selling an sti cluster in classifieds. I was told it was out of a 2004. A member contacted me for a trade: his had 40k more miles on it and he was willing to trade + 80 bux on his end. He paypaled me the money and I sent him my cluster. He told me as soon as he got it he would send me his.

A few days later he calls me and tells me he received it but it doesn't fit. I call who got it from and he says its out of a 2005 sti, not 2004. So I tell the person to just ship me back the cluster and I will refund him his 80 bux + shipping and that would be it.

He tells me that if I give him a few days he will try to make it work on his 2004 sti and if it works he will keep it and send me his. OK. 2 weeks pass and nothing. 3 weeks pass and after a few conversations I am being told "wait some more". I get tired of waiting and tell him to ship it back. 2 weeks later he finally says he shipped it.

Its been about 3 weeks since the time he said he shipped it and I still havent received it. After many phone calls he says he didnt get insurance or tracking and there is no way they can find my cluster. He keeps telling me to cut my losses and that is all.

I am furious. I am an honest seller/buyer and have never wronged anyone EVER on this forum. I have already been ripped off by Spadez WRX for 300 bux, and am NOT ABOUT TO get ripped off again by another member. I am out a cluster which is about 300 bux. 300-80=220 that I am out of.

What would you do in my situation?

This thread is not to start drama, but to get some honest opinions on what others would do in my situation. I am not in the kind of financial situation right now to just throw away 220 just for kicks. Thanx

Last edited by Vladi; 07-29-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Did you even get a tracking number?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
what can you do? if he is telling the truth and he did ship it but it was lost, **** happens. if he is lying, there is no way you can really prove it. shouldn't he have a receipt from shipping it? ask for that, if he provides it, then that should be it. if there is no receipt and no tracking, let people know who it is so people don't deal with him anymore. even if he did ship it, if he doesn't have a receipt or a tracking number, he is irresponsible and people shouldn't do business with him anyways. and since when do you not get a tracking number, that isn't an extra charge or anything.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Koan
Did you even get a tracking number?
Nope. He said he didn't get insurance or tracking number.
When I sent it to him I paid the extra 60 cents for a tracking number and have that, as well as the receipt.
He didn't do the same.
Originally Posted by JArnaud
what can you do? if he is telling the truth and he did ship it but it was lost, **** happens. if he is lying, there is no way you can really prove it. shouldn't he have a receipt from shipping it? ask for that, if he provides it, then that should be it. if there is no receipt and no tracking, let people know who it is so people don't deal with him anymore. even if he did ship it, if he doesn't have a receipt or a tracking number, he is irresponsible and people shouldn't do business with him anyways. and since when do you not get a tracking number, that isn't an extra charge or anything.
He works at the post office. So of all the people he should be able to figure out wtf happened to my cluster right?
No insurance, no tracking, no receipt, NOTHING!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 70 BMW 1600
Did he say who he shipped it through?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 AM

USPS. He works for them. I went down to my local office, asked questions. I went down to my main office/distribution center (off roseville rd) and asked them if they had any packages there, they didn't.

The area we live in all the mailboxes for the whole street are in one place: RIGHT in front of my house. They are ALL LOCKED. When something bulky comes for someone there are 2 bulk boxes that are locked as well. In that case one of use gets a small key in our small mailbox for the big box and once we open the box, the key stays there for the mailman.

SO THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBLE WAY IT WAS STOLEN from my mailbox or something like that.

Last edited by Vladi; 07-29-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 70 BMW 1600
Originally Posted by VladiWrX
USPS. He works for them.

Sounds like he's giving you BS, there would have to be some kind of proof that he shipped it.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by ryansti
Sounds like he's giving you BS, there would have to be some kind of proof that he shipped it.
He could have put a billion stamps on it. Not much proof in that case.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM

He is 3 hours drive time southwest from me. I am in sacramento.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
damn thats rough.. but i would do what the others have said so far.. ask for a receipt or any type of proof.. if he cant produce i would call him out on the boards
Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 AM

I have. He has none. I called him today, no answer. I'll give it a day or 2 and then I will reveal info if nothing is resolved.

He is more than welcome to chime in with his side of the story too: I have not lied about 1 single thing.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Why wait?
He's obviously scamming you...which sucks.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Out with the info!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 PM

HungrySTI4V8 Please chime in.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:11 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
That name is mentioned in a few drama-filled threads....

Quick Reply: What would you do?