stock ecu vs. s-squared tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 05:29 PM

Car Info: XCALABR
nate, thanks for the post, i had no malice intent in this thread. i simply did it to show what i saw. i know you do a good job at what you do, as your loyal supporters help solidify that fact, but i just wasn't getting any answers that were helping solve the issue other then the offered conservative tune.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:30 PM

Car Info: XCALABR
i posted the graphs out of surprise of the findings. that was all, and i tried to set up the background info ahead of time because i knew it would have been asked for.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:35 PM
spoooooooooooooool

Car Info: 02 sedan.GC Track Toy.Wrx Swapped Wesfalia. 04 FXT
Originally Posted by calibredwrx
nate, thanks for the post, i had no malice intent in this thread. i simply did it to show what i saw. i know you do a good job at what you do, as your loyal supporters help solidify that fact, but i just wasn't getting any answers that were helping solve the issue other then the offered conservative tune.

I agree, there was a communication error, I was in a massive hurry as I am most monday mornings and was unable to get into detail with you on how we were going to take care of it. Regardless that is water under the bridge now and basically a moot point.

Also,
I would like everyone to keep in mind that all dyno's read differently, even the same brand, my dyno and cobb's ( same manufac. and model ) read very different, as does the one at gruppe-s etc.

thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 05:37 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
this is a lot of drama for the SRIC, perphaps you should move this to BAIC
Old 05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by jimbotko
I wouldn't blame S-S for an occasional bad tune. I mean, it must be hard to tune a car with "Ali G" so firmly wrapped around your nuts. In fact, I'm very impressed that "Ali G" can even attempt to run his circular arguments with S-S's nuts so deeply pushed down this throat.

"Ali G", I have no idea who you are, but with your logical reasoning ability of a PMSing woman you clearly win The Most Annoying Nutswinging Fanboy award of the week. Congratulations, douche.

S-S has gotten ridiculously owned in this thread, and based on the most likely facts as presented, the time to recognize and correct the problems has long passed. I can only hope that the owner of the car in question eventually gets a worthwhile tune.
So what you register today just to say this? WTF.
spoooooooooooooool

Wow, ok then,

Dude walk away, or post under your real name.
You think we got owned, fine.
I spoke my side of it, thats all there is to it.

have fun.
-Nate

I wouldn't blame S-S for an occasional bad tune. I mean, it must be hard to tune a car with "Ali G" so firmly wrapped around your nuts. In fact, I'm very impressed that "Ali G" can even attempt to run his circular arguments with S-S's nuts so deeply pushed down this throat.

"Ali G", I have no idea who you are, but with your logical reasoning ability of a PMSing woman you clearly win The Most Annoying Nutswinging Fanboy award of the week. Congratulations, douche.

S-S has gotten ridiculously owned in this thread, and based on the most likely facts as presented, the time to recognize and correct the problems has long passed. I can only hope that the owner of the car in question eventually gets a worthwhile tune.

Car Info: 2002MY Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I'm not trying to start anything here - I imagine your wording is off. You're not attempting to infer that S-S is not a reputable tuner, right?
You're right, S-S is a reputable, excellent tuner. Wording was not the best choice.

Ali G, stop trying to be an internet thug because no one appreciates it. The fact that people are saying Ed should not be involved in this conversation between calibred and S-S goes more than double for Ali G who has done nothing to contribute to this thread except get on people's nerves. Like another said, you're grasping at thin straws just to win an argument.

Last edited by Impreza01; 05-03-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:41 PM

More drama for your Mama.
I think Shiv Vishnu not Ed, is behind all this.......LOL j/k

Come on now, many people can see past the cloud of smoke,..

Last edited by MARKSTI; 05-03-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:42 PM
spoooooooooooooool

Originally Posted by MARKSTI
More drama for your Mama.
I think Shiv Vishnu not Ed, is behind all this.......LOL j/k
LOL thanks Mark,

sheesh
Old 05-03-2005, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car

great first post there bud. please post under your real screenname next time btw, it doesn't take a genius to read the posts made in this thread and figure out who ali g is.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:55 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Nate,

I don't have a personal beef with you. I'm simply reporting information as I see it. Tuners are people and we all make mistakes and that doesn't necessarily mean anything about the overall knowledge and skill of the tuner. Lance's car that you tuned, for instance, looked plenty safe and drove smoothly IMO. The issue here is that you either failed to recognize the obvious problems with Keegan's car, or simply chose to ignore them when he brought the car in the first time telling you exactly what the problem was. Knock correction numbers do move around slightly depending on temperature, heatsoak, etc, but I don't think any good tuner would say that 9.5 degrees of negative correction and knock correction values that pull the timing bellow your base map are "minor issues," especially while the IAM is stuck at 16. From what you said, it seems that you just did a quick log, saw that the IAM was maxxed out and assumed everything was fine. When all you had to do to see that there is a problem was to look at the fine learning table in the ECU. I understand that you were in a rush and may have overlooked this, but IMO that's a major oversight and you don't seem to admit this. Keegan and I have stated all of the facts here already, but if you'd like to speak with me personally, I have no problem discussing this over a couple of beers.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 05:58 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
BTW, I'm glad people here can actually see through Ali G's "fight to victory" and get to the actual facts. That's impressive and makes me a lot more optimistic about this group.

Thanks

Last edited by MethodBuilt; 05-03-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:10 PM
spoooooooooooooool

Ed, just let it die, drop me a mail if you want to talk more.

assume what you will, but we all know the saying .....

Last edited by drftsub; 05-03-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:18 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX E85 VF34
Nate,
It is honorable of you to be so cool in a situation like this. You haven't become angry or said anything destructive to anyone...and again that says alot as again, this is a situation where you getting a little angry would be normal as your tuning seems to be coming under question by a few people. I won't like....I am friends with Ed AND CalibredWRX......but if you ask anyone on this planet who has met me....most will tell you that I am one of the most un-biased people they have ever met. And on that note I want to ask one question that I am personally curious about.... (forgive me if you addressed this already but there have been so many posts that I may have missed it)

Why is it that you finished tuning Keegan's car at such a low power level? I think you said something about a possible wiring problem? Either way though, when I talked to Keegan the next day he gave me the impression that the power level that his car was at was deemed perfectly acceptable by you. I would MAYBE understand him attaining 195ish and 186ish if there was something messed up with his car. But if his car is running at 'normal levels' a car with his mods should be somewhere around 210-215AWHP correct?

I look forward to your response and am truly open to any explanation you have for (what are in my opinion) odd power numbers.

-Brian

Quick Reply: stock ecu vs. s-squared tune