Old 02-01-2005, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 SVX, '02 WRX
Originally Posted by LagnWagn
You could alway put "C- what I did there?"
fail.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:25 AM

Car Info: puppy hauler
In the r note what does "kay right cut" mean?
Old 02-01-2005, 10:26 AM

You could put a subaru star between the two city names.
...I guess. Why does there need to be anything between them?
Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STi deede
In the r note what does "kay right cut" mean?
A "kay" is a turn that's slightly more than 90 deg IIRC.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
You could alway put "C- what I did there?"
how about C you later...

haha.. ok it's lame.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:30 AM

Car Info: 2004 Sti
Originally Posted by sperry
fail.
Pass!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:33 AM

A "kay" is a turn that's slightly more than 90 deg IIRC.
Thanks.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Can you post one with the SRIC logo off of the car (maybe on the ground silohette)? Then some more detail on the grill and hood scoop. The car just looks funny with the logo all over it (it could just be my crappy depth perception).

On the pace notes, could you move the handwritten notes (which I like) to the right or at least farther away from the SRIC. The second and third ones take away from the SRIC standing out on it's own.

I second the idea of putting the stars between Sac & Reno, although I don't know if the detail will show up.

C note: Dorifto!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
hahaha I love the "use active weight transfer" in the S turn.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STi deede
...I guess. Why does there need to be anything between them?
Asthetically, I see what you're saying... but gramatically, I don't know what a "Sacramento Reno" is.

Think of it this way: "Sacramento" and "Reno" are describing the type of "Impreza Club". If there's no slash or an "&", then the order becomes unclear... is this a Reno Impreza Club, that's of the Sacramento variety? We want to convey that the club is as much a "Sacramento Impreza Club" as it is a "Reno Impreza Club"... and I think the slash does that.

At least that's what I thought when I was making it. "Sacramento Reno Impreza Club" needs something... a slash, a dash, an ampersand... something... and I think the slash is the least distracting, and most accurate.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 2004 Sti
Asthetically, I see what you're saying... but gramatically, I don't know what a "Sacramento Reno" is.

Think of it this way: "Sacramento" and "Reno" are describing the type of "Impreza Club". If there's no slash or an "&", then the order becomes unclear... is this a Reno Impreza Club, that's of the Sacramento variety? We want to convey that the club is as much a "Sacramento Impreza Club" as it is a "Reno Impreza Club"... and I think the slash does that.

At least that's what I thought when I was making it. "Sacramento Reno Impreza Club" needs something... a slash, a dash, an ampersand... something... and I think the slash is the least distracting, and most accurate.

Agreed...
Old 02-01-2005, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer

I agree 100%. I tried to make a post explaining it, but I am dumb and couldn't word it right.

P.S. You rock.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Egan
Can you post one with the SRIC logo off of the car (maybe on the ground silohette)? Then some more detail on the grill and hood scoop. The car just looks funny with the logo all over it (it could just be my crappy depth perception).

On the pace notes, could you move the handwritten notes (which I like) to the right or at least farther away from the SRIC. The second and third ones take away from the SRIC standing out on it's own.

I second the idea of putting the stars between Sac & Reno, although I don't know if the detail will show up.

C note: Dorifto!
I started a version of the car w/ more detail... it's really distracting... I couldn't find a happy medium between keeping the simplicity of the silhouette and having to do a full-blown drawing of the car. Basically, it's one or the other, and I think the silhouette works better (plus drawing that car so it looks good will take like 5 hours ).

I originally had the handwritten notes all on the right, but I thought they looked a bit "fake", and not so handwritten... however, you make a very good point about making sure the "SRIC" stands out. I'll try to figure something out.

And "Dorifto" is *perfect*!! lol
Old 02-01-2005, 10:44 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
I started a version of the car w/ more detail... it's really distracting... I couldn't find a happy medium between keeping the simplicity of the silhouette and having to do a full-blown drawing of the car. Basically, it's one or the other, and I think the silhouette works better (plus drawing that car so it looks good will take like 5 hours ).

I originally had the handwritten notes all on the right, but I thought they looked a bit "fake", and not so handwritten... however, you make a very good point about making sure the "SRIC" stands out. I'll try to figure something out.

And "Dorifto" is *perfect*!! lol
I think it's just the colors playing tricks on me. The SRIC on the car just makes it look flat to me. Time for another visit to the eye doctor (oh yeah, my health insurance kicks in today!!!)
Old 02-01-2005, 10:50 AM

Here you go again with your superior logic. j/k.
You are right, of the choices available, it works the best.
I will settle.

Everything else is perfect, great job. I can't wait to get my shirts.

Quick Reply: SRIC Pride & various other derails