Speed Factory shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 PM

Car Info: 2015 Forester XT SWP
Speed Factory shenanigans

Anyone been to the Speed Factory "meets" lately? My coworker went this last weekend and said it's turned into a ticket handout by the local police and CHP. She said they were told to go inside Speed Factory and that anyone standing in the parking lot would be cited. The police were using decibel meters apparently.

Then she said that the group of cars left and went over to Sunsplash for a few minutes until LE showed up again and said that they would count to 20 and anyone still there would be cited.

I've never been so I'm not sure what sort of crowd it attracts, although I'm sure that has something to do with it. Anyone had any experience with this? I've never seen anyone hassled at any i-club meets so I'm just curious.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Yeah myself and other members went this past weekend... Cops had the parking with cones in the way and one of their trailers to block the pathway to park. They did have the decibal meter and one the vehicles got cited. The problem is that a local resident doesn't like what's going on, and it so happens to be she is a very good friend with the mayor so she got signatures of other local residents to get rid of the meet, and apparently it worked this past weekend.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:09 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Video from last meet:
Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 2015 Forester XT SWP
Originally Posted by RodriguezGD
Yeah myself and other members went this past weekend... Cops had the parking with cones in the way and one of their trailers to block the pathway to park. They did have the decibal meter and one the vehicles got cited. The problem is that a local resident doesn't like what's going on, and it so happens to be she is a very good friend with the mayor so she got signatures of other local residents to get rid of the meet, and apparently it worked this past weekend.
Ah, that makes sense then. Bummer, I had wanted to go and check it out. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Car Info: 1999 forester l
thats crap.... 1 resident? knows somebody.... go to the mayor and put his *** on blast with more signatures. if he doesn't listen go to the local news maybe. what did they get 100 signatures from the 100 seniors citizens at the local lions club? don't take that and let it ruin the fun for the people who actually have jobs and feed the local economy with cash and taxes...
Old 05-15-2013, 07:19 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
The problem is, most the kids hanging out at the SF meet don't actually have jobs and don't actually feed the economy with cash and taxes....

lol

On a different note: I used to enjoy the 1st few meets.
Then they got way too big, and more importantly: filled with a bunch of riced out crappy cars that were way too loud and way to slow to appreciate. One instance in particular that made me disgusted is some lawnmower sounding civics, 240's, and miata's attempting to do donuts in the back lot making so much noise that even I, actually being there for the cars, got a headache. It didn't help that there were some gay looking VIP "style" scions or something else equally homosexual, attempting to show off their 2,000,000 watt stereo systems in the same lot.

As everything in life, this potentially cool hangout spot has been ruined by stupid young punk kids.

If I sound bitter its because I'm a senior citizen.

Last edited by Vladi; 05-15-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Car Info: 1999 forester l
well if they are driving and acting like idiots then there is not much argument here lol. didn't know they were actually breaking laws. "touche"? there's no way i spelled that correctly.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:51 AM

Car Info: 2006 forester xt , 95 eclipse 6bolt
Originally Posted by Vladi
The problem is, most the kids hanging out at the SF meet don't actually have jobs and don't actually feed the economy with cash and taxes....

lol

On a different note: I used to enjoy the 1st few meets.
Then they got way too big, and more importantly: filled with a bunch of riced out crappy cars that were way too loud and way to slow to appreciate. One instance in particular that made me disgusted is some lawnmower sounding civics, 240's, and miata's attempting to do donuts in the back lot making so much noise that even I, actually being there for the cars, got a headache. It didn't help that there were some gay looking VIP "style" scions or something else equally homosexual, attempting to show off their 2,000,000 watt stereo systems in the same lot.

As everything in life, this potentially cool hangout spot has been ruined by stupid young punk kids.

If I sound bitter its because I'm a senior citizen.

We need a ol folks meet without these punk youngsters