Sacramento area subaru dealerships, which one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by Killian Maynard
So then which dealership is reccomended for a modded car? Who actually makes an effort to be informed on the subaru community ie i-club, nasioc? It seems like it would be smart to know whats going on not only to help out the die-hard scoob fans but for the dealer to know what sort of modifications are being talked about, etc. I am eventually planning to mod my car but if I didnt have to i'd rather not "revert to stock" every time I had a under warranty issue.

Of course I would swing by S-Squared for any non warranty-claim related services!
God I wish there was a dealership like that. But in truth, you will be hard pressed to find one.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Sorry to do this, reno_bk. I actually forgot to mention Senators shadiness and shoddy work on my car. They were involved in a big scheme with Maita to **** me and fraud Subaru.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
-10 for Senator. They could not fix the problem on my wrx. They blamed it on vapor lock!

No I'm kidding. They tried to say the muffler was making the noise but it turned out to be my rear diff. I had one ordered and replaced. I had to go to Maita. THEY took care of me.
I will not buy my STI there nor any other car.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
So then which dealership is reccomended for a modded car? Who actually makes an effort to be informed on the subaru community ie i-club, nasioc?
The tech's here at Autowest (Tony and Scott) are really cool about that stuff. Tony's working on doing a performance division of our service department so he know's a ton about mods and what problems they cause and what they don't cause.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

Oh, nice. Since you've started working there, I've started liking Autowest more and more and now their service dept. is going to start not sucking? SWEET. Make sure they keep the pretty girls employed
Old 02-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Dirty Redhead

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
yeah, Eric serviced him.

STOP DERAILING!!
SHHH.....
Old 02-02-2005, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 2005 SRR WRX
Originally Posted by ericdared81
The tech's here at Autowest (Tony and Scott) are really cool about that stuff. Tony's working on doing a performance division of our service department so he know's a ton about mods and what problems they cause and what they don't cause.
Thats great to hear. It just makes too much sense for a dealership to be in the know of whats going on in the world of tuning. That way if someone does come in with their second gear sheared off and a K & N filter as the only mod or a BOV (heaven forbid) then a knowledgeable tuner tech would be able to say that it was in fact a warrantable claim and not due to a negligent street racer. On the other hand if that same scenario were to arrise but the driver was running a stage 4 setup then yeah SOA would be in their right to deny the claim.

So then Tony and Scott are the ones to talk to at Autowest? Who are you ericdared81? Do you also work at autowest?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

Eric is the official SRIC salesperson and works at Autowest.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Thats great to hear. It just makes too much sense for a dealership to be in the know of whats going on in the world of tuning. That way if someone does come in with their second gear sheared off and a K & N filter as the only mod or a BOV (heaven forbid) then a knowledgeable tuner tech would be able to say that it was in fact a warrantable claim and not due to a negligent street racer. On the other hand if that same scenario were to arrise but the driver was running a stage 4 setup then yeah SOA would be in their right to deny the claim.

So then Tony and Scott are the ones to talk to at Autowest? Who are you ericdared81? Do you also work at autowest?
No one really knows who ericdared81 is. He's just a, presence..

I might be taking my car down there eric for my radio problem.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Dirty Redhead

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
No one really knows who ericdared81 is. He's just a, presence..
I'm a figment of your imagination. You dream of me.

I'm one of the internet sales managers at Autowest. You can still talk to the service advisors because the techs are the ones that make the call if it's covered.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 06 Legacy GT Sedan- 94 Legacy Turbo Wagon
Yes,
The 2 former Service Managers at Maita were not very mod friendly, but you also have some idiots out there that do abuse there warranty's. We have a new serivce manager. He is very cool. We are alomost done building our stand alone Subaru Dealership next to our Hyundai Store. I just got promoted to work in our Subaru Parts Department, along with getting our performance division up and running. We hope we can use the standard that Irvine Subaru set fourth. I will keep you guys posted and updated. We are going to work with alot of Vendors. I will also see if we can get WRC Rally Car for our Grand Opening!

Regards,
Chris
Old 02-03-2005, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 2007 suzuki GSX-R600
shingle springs subaru fixed my rear diff. problem without any hassle but i am stock. They did question whether or not i had any aftermarket parts and when i said no, the guy looked like he didn't believe me? lol
Old 02-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by Chris Jones
Yes,
The 2 former Service Managers at Maita were not very mod friendly, but you also have some idiots out there that do abuse there warranty's. We have a new serivce manager. He is very cool. We are alomost done building our stand alone Subaru Dealership next to our Hyundai Store. I just got promoted to work in our Subaru Parts Department, along with getting our performance division up and running. We hope we can use the standard that Irvine Subaru set fourth. I will keep you guys posted and updated. We are going to work with alot of Vendors. I will also see if we can get WRC Rally Car for our Grand Opening!

Regards,
Chris
Sweet! :wiggle:

Quick Reply: Sacramento area subaru dealerships, which one?