road side smogging!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 09:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
Did any of you guys see the sacramento bee a few days ago. It was about how many tickets were given to people of different races. Black people got the most tickets and white people got the least.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by pj21086
Did any of you guys see the sacramento bee a few days ago. It was about how many tickets were given to people of different races. Black people got the most tickets and white people got the least.
You think thats due to profiling?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by pj21086
I'd llike to see those numbers next to data that shows how many actual violations there are out there (I know that's not possible).

numbers can always look skewed. If there was increased patrols in an area because it has higher crime then it is more likely that the poeple in that area would be cited for more stuff.

I didn't say that black people are more likely to be criminal though.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
You think thats due to profiling?
I need to grow some grey hair.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 05' White RS
Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
When they start pulling over modified cars and stop finding things to write them up for they will stop pulling over the modified looking cars.
And what exactly is wrong with that?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0
And what exactly is wrong with that?
Nothing. I was saying that what they are doing now (pulling over modified looking cars and finding actual violations) is working. We need to stop crying about how effective their program is and change our tactics.

Don't look modified and have detectable violations on the same vehicle.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Nothing. I was saying that what they are doing now (pulling over modified looking cars and finding actual violations) is working. We need to stop crying about how effective their program is and change our tactics.

I have gotten lucky so far and none of the cops had much suby knowledge... i have had my hood popped 4 times now and they havnt found anything... even my huge tmic slipped under the radar somehow.. tmic ftw!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX TR
I have gotten lucky so far and none of the cops had much suby knowledge... i have had my hood popped 4 times now and they havnt found anything... even my huge tmic slipped under the radar somehow.. tmic ftw!
What other mods do you have? I pretty sure the only things they for are no cats and intake... Anyone ever see the "modified vehicle" training video for police officers (it was on youtube)? It told cops to look for gauges and stickers because thats a sure fire way to catch street racers!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:54 AM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI

exactly. if you dont want to be profiled, then dont fit the profile.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Tyler
What other mods do you have? I pretty sure the only things they for are no cats and intake... Anyone ever see the "modified vehicle" training video for police officers (it was on youtube)? It told cops to look for gauges and stickers because thats a sure fire way to catch street racers!
I have an upgraded turbo, full catless exhaust, big *** TMIC.. the only thing that really has any color to it is the aftermarket y-pipe which is blue & you can hardly see it. Only exterior mods are a-pillar pod & exhaust. The tmic & DP would be pretty easy to spot if they knew anything. I think not having an intake is the key... i guess not having an intake revokes your street racer status haha. One motorcycle cop did kinda grill me about the gauge pod asking about EM but the others didnt see anything.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX TR
I have an upgraded turbo, full catless exhaust, big *** TMIC.. the only thing that really has any color to it is the aftermarket y-pipe which is blue & you can hardly see it. Only exterior mods are a-pillar pod & exhaust. The tmic & DP would be pretty easy to spot if they knew anything. I think not having an intake is the key... i guess not having an intake revokes your street racer status haha. One motorcycle cop did kinda grill me about the gauge pod asking about EM but the others didnt see anything.
They didn't get you for no cats!
Old 06-16-2006, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

They didn't get you for no cats!
No sir, guess they werent sure what they were looking at because not one even looked at the DP
Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 96 Impreza L Sedan
haha, when I first saw this, I thought it was road sign smuggling! yeah, I'm an idiot
Old 06-16-2006, 12:40 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I was sitting in the left turn lane, with a Corvette being piloted by a 50+ yr old in the straight lane.

A motorbike cop was coming towards us.
He looks at the Corvette, sans front plate, and then shoots me a hard look.
Cop makes a U turn, over 2x yellow lines, and stops ~20 ft behind me.

I get the green, and as soon as I proceed, cop lights me up.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"To harass me?"

"What...."

"To harass me? Of the 5 things that you usually pull a car over for, I didn't do any of them. I have a front plate, I'm wearing my seatbelt, I'm stopped, so I can't be speeding, my reistration is current, and you can't possbly tell how loud my exhaust is.
So, it must be to harass me."

After looking at my paperwork, he handed everything back to me and invited me to have a nice day.

I thanked him profusely for keeping the streets safe.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
They were doing the same thing on Franklin BLVD here in Elk Grove last week... My Cat needs to hurry up and get here

Umm... what's the point of getting a cat?? either way if you get targeted at a roadside smog, you are going to get sent to a ref because you have AWD and they have absolutely no way of testing your car on the spot... So then you will have time to get a cat put on before you have to test it

Quick Reply: road side smogging!