Retrofitting

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx love-wagon
Originally Posted by charlottecayaby
Ohhhhhh! The bugeye looks good! How much is it to be done?

it's about $300

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

if you get the whole kit.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
Btw Thomas which shrouds did you use?
Old 04-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Retired War Hero

Car Info: .gifs
they are the mini-gatling shrouds.

and it didn't cost us $300
Old 04-08-2012, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by thejordan

lol whaaaaa!?

did you already have the HID bulbs/ballasts?

if so yes, the projectors are like 120ish..

but if you have a hookup, please... do tell.

i was ready to order it today
Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Not even close lol but I still cant get the hi beam to work properly
Old 04-08-2012, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by tourexy
Not even close lol but I still cant get the hi beam to work properly
that sucks man, i'm guessing you've already double and triple checked the wiring, correct?

might be the relays; they are almost indestructible, but every once in a while they do go out for no reason.

did your hibeams work fine before the mod?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by alien_refugee
that sucks man, i'm guessing you've already double and triple checked the wiring, correct?

might be the relays; they are almost indestructible, but every once in a while they do go out for no reason.

did your hibeams work fine before the mod?
hi beams and fogs worked perfectly before, I did switch up the wires but I think I did them wrong I'll go back and rewire them again
Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 PM

do you have a multimeter with a continuity mode? you can test the wires coming off the switch directly and see where they all end up, that way you can easily just label everything.
wiring stuff can get messy; i'm speaking from experience here i'm a total geek for anything electronics
if u need some help man let me know
Old 04-08-2012, 05:31 PM

do you have a multimeter with a continuity mode? you can test the wires coming off the switch directly and see where they all end up, that way you can easily just label everything.
wiring stuff can get messy; i'm speaking from experience here i'm a total geek for anything electronics
if u need some help man let me know
Lol yeah I deff. need help with the wiring, as of right now my car is not with me so when I get it back from my cousin (we swapped car for couple of weeks) I'll let you know
Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 PM

cool man sounds good. i'm def. doing this mod soon; dislike incandescent with a passion on cars.

post# 52

i had exactly 420 posts LOL!

Last edited by alien_refugee; 04-08-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: post #53
Old 04-08-2012, 05:34 PM

cool man sounds good. i'm def. doing this mod soon; dislike incandescent with a passion on cars.
You wont be disappointed going this route with the retrofit headlights besides running into what I ran into, but good thing is that Thomas didnt run into it and it worked perfectly for him
Old 04-08-2012, 05:40 PM

You wont be disappointed going this route with the retrofit headlights besides running into what I ran into, but good thing is that Thomas didnt run into it and it worked perfectly for him
for sure! seriously i've been thinking about this mod since i got the car lol, i think 5 years now, but i kept spending money on suspension and engine
Old 04-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Thomas did you have any problen with the hi/low beam?
They do work, but not 100% correct. I dont have the blue hi-beam indicator light on all the time like you do. When I flick the hi-beams on, they turn on and so does the blue in-dash indicator light. When i flick them off the indicator light turns off but the hi-beams actually remain on. If i turn my lights off/on real quick then they are back to the lo-beams.

Not really sure why thats happening..but honestly if its just an off/on thing, i can live with it for now.
looks great thomas! are you satisfied with the light output? i know u had hid's on the stock housings and it glared
oh yea, the light output is so much better. You can see the output horizon driving down the road haha
Btw Thomas which shrouds did you use?
^ That
Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Well one other thing that i think helped with the hi-beams working correctly is my last set of HIDs.

They were a weird set that ive never seen before. They had a mechanically motor in the back of the bulb so when i turned the hi-beams on, they retracted the bulb back into the rear of the headlight, thus putting out more light behind the reflector.

At first they didnt work when i first got them. My friend and i plugged away and tested the wires to finally get them to work. We had to make a custom harness out of the harness that came with the HID kit.

Since the bulbs were special, they didnt work with the morimoto projector housing because there was no where for it to snap on. So i ended up having to head out to 1320 and pick up another set of bulbs.

I made sure tho that they worked with the ballasts that ive already got. So i reused the harness that my friend and I made.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Well one other thing that i think helped with the hi-beams working correctly is my last set of HIDs.

They were a weird set that ive never seen before. They had a mechanically motor in the back of the bulb so when i turned the hi-beams on, they retracted the bulb back into the rear of the headlight, thus putting out more light behind the reflector.

At first they didnt work when i first got them. My friend and i plugged away and tested the wires to finally get them to work. We had to make a custom harness out of the harness that came with the HID kit.

Since the bulbs were special, they didnt work with the morimoto projector housing because there was no where for it to snap on. So i ended up having to head out to 1320 and pick up another set of bulbs.

I made sure tho that they worked with the ballasts that ive already got. So i reused the harness that my friend and I made.
Thats good to hear but yeah I still need to mess around with mines hope to see how yours look like compared to mines btw did you blacken out the reflectors?

Quick Reply: Retrofitting