reputable tire shop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:52 PM

Car Info: impreza wrx 2002
reputable tire shop?

finally got tires for my new wheels. can anyone recommend a reputable tire shop i can go get my tires mounted without worrying about them chipping/scratching my wheels? im located in south sacramento.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 PM

Car Info: 06 CGM STI
i donno about reputable but i was recommended by one of my coworkers to go to Seven Day Tires off of 47th in between 99 and stockton blvd.. i went there to mount my old te37s with some khumos and they did a good job.. i didnt notice any nicks or dings hear and there.. i was there watching them the whole time though.. maybe thats why.. and they are pretty cheap also.. cost me $10 a tire to mount and balance.. if i remember correctly.. it is ran by some hispanic people.. they even threw it in a big bucket of water just to make sure the rims/wheels holds air
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 AM

i'll drop by and check out their work sometime.. though im leaning towards america tires off florin and stockton right now, they charge 19.99 per tire but comes with lifetime rotation and balancing.. anybody gone to them? looking to get them mounted sometime next week. any more shops anyone can recommend? im getting 255/40 mounted on 17x9s btw.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:45 PM

im not really a fan of americas tire co.. when i went there to get a quote for the te37s, they were saying it is going to cost like $100ish to mount and balance them and for some reason they had to replace the valve stems and i would have to use theirs and not my own if i supplied them.. if anything i would try and go to big o tires.. i know some workers there right off of calvine and power inn in orchard loop and they seem like they know what they are doing.. the only thing that caught me off guard was supposedly they now have 2 different kinds of air.. regular air and some sort of nitrogen kind of air.. not really too sure.. if i remember right, one of the guys said its suppose to be better because its thicker air and would leak out over a long period of time like how regular air would.. but it does cost more..

Last edited by LoidBanks; 12-05-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:23 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX
I know a good russian plave in North sac . they installing tires for 8-10 dollars a tire. for 5 years Im going to the shop and had no problems.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: a blue car
PM'd you about a shop in south sac.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by LoidBanks
im not really a fan of americas tire co.. when i went there to get a quote for the te37s, they were saying it is going to cost like $100ish to mount and balance them and for some reason they had to replace the valve stems and i would have to use theirs and not my own if i supplied them.. if anything i would try and go to big o tires.. i know some workers there right off of calvine and power inn in orchard loop and they seem like they know what they are doing.. the only thing that caught me off guard was supposedly they now have 2 different kinds of air.. regular air and some sort of nitrogen kind of air.. not really too sure.. if i remember right, one of the guys said its suppose to be better because its thicker air and would leak out over a long period of time like how regular air would.. but it does cost more..
thanks for the input. but im not a big fan of big o tires... a friend had bad experiece with the big o on stockton/fruitridge and i had some wheels dismounted about a year ago by big o in elkgrove didnt really like how they handled my wheels..i've heard about nitrogen air but im ok with regular. even if leaks out over a period of time...its FREE!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Russian-on-wrx
I know a good russian plave in North sac . they installing tires for 8-10 dollars a tire. for 5 years Im going to the shop and had no problems.
name of the shop? do they have experience with wide wheels?
Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 PM

i can try asking around for you around my workplace(kragen) maybe it seems a little easier for me to get tires mounted without any hassle of the rims getting damaged or whatnot is because i know the workers in the area at like Sears, Big O, or Firestone...
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by LoidBanks
i can try asking around for you around my workplace(kragen) maybe it seems a little easier for me to get tires mounted without any hassle of the rims getting damaged or whatnot is because i know the workers in the area at like Sears, Big O, or Firestone...
cool. any update? which kragen's do you work at?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 PM

sorry guy.. no good.. everyone is saying what i already mentioned.. i work at the one on Gerber and Power Inn..