Question for the Mods: (topic: street racing posts) aka 2am rant

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Question for the Mods: (topic: street racing posts) aka 2am rant

Is there a sticky that shuns street-racing that I don't know of? The on going arguments caused by people that come in, brag away, get bombarded with hostility then leave is making me tired. I know I've done my share of preaching, and I know most of the "regulars" have too. To me the whole situation feels like a broken record. I’m just tired of it getting repeated over and over again. I'm just wondering if there's a sticky titled "I-club does not condone, support or endorse street-racing".

And instead of preaching about it, any of you kind gentlemen that qualify as “big brother”, If you could just delete the post, toss in a link to the sticky. Situation resolved… (Or would it be?)

I tried to search for it, but I could not find any thing that set down the ground rules of conduct. I’m fully aware that this is the internet, where we’re all free to say what we with to say in, for the most part, complete anonymity. That’s what’s so awesome about it. The only place I could find the rules was at the “Register” section. For those that just clicked the necessary boxes to start an account, or it’s been a while since you joined (like yours truly) here’s what it says:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of i-Club – Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of i-Club -- Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of i-Club -- Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
For many these rules must seem kind of vague and subjected to various interpretation. Based on what is written, I’d have to say, The “NWS” threads violate the rules. Not that I’m going to vote them off the island, just trying to make a point.

I’m trying to decipher the “or otherwise violative of any laws” part. Does that translate to “Don’t talk about doing anything illegal”? If so, why not word it that way. I know it sucks to have to dumb things down to the lowest common denominator. Think 9th grade reading level, if it’s good enough for the business world why not let it be good enough for I-club. It would possibly be an improvement. I have to go to urbandictionary.com just to understand half of what’s posted anyway.

With all that said. I just want to say I really enjoy this site, been a member for 2 years now. From the Cordova luncheons to Mt. Hammy, I’ve always enjoyed the meets, And getting to know my fellow members in person lead me to enjoying the on-line antics that much more.

To finish my rant off I feel that I owe an apology to Sonic, I should have had your back and instead I blew air on the coals, in the words of my generation “My bad.”

Thanks for the good times I-club
Hope it keeps on keeping on.

NYR
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
The policy is very simple. Alex posted this on the topic of street racing posts. I can make a sticky but can't make members read it.

If you see a post about an illegal speed contest or street racing, simply report the post in question using the button with the exclamation point on the bottom left hand corner of the postbit. If the post in question turns out to be a street racing post, it gets a free ride to the Dumpster. Your reported post will remain anonymous. Not all Staff Members receive the reports so it may take a little while for a response.

I've never had to deal with repeat offenders but subsequent street racing posts will result in a Trolled account. There are just too many numbskulls out there getting people killed as a result of street racing. Street racing isn't racing.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 02-21-2007, 06:54 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
So what you're saying is that even if I claim to street race for jesus then it's still just as bad as regular 'ol street racing?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
The policy is very simple. Alex posted this on the topic of street racing posts. I can make a sticky but can't make members read it.

If you see a post about an illegal speed contest or street racing, simply report the post in question using the button with the exclamation point on the bottom left hand corner of the postbit. If the post in question turns out to be a street racing post, it gets a free ride to the Dumpster. Your reported post will remain anonymous. Not all Staff Members receive the reports so it may take a little while for a response.

I've never had to deal with repeat offenders but subsequent street racing posts will result in a Trolled account. There are just too many numbskulls out there getting people killed as a result of street racing. Street racing isn't racing.

--
0==WW==0
I <3 you.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Me so confused
Old 02-21-2007, 09:28 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Me so confused

its not that confusing.. well for people with a brain I guess

don't post stories about street racing. If you see a post that someone is bragging about doing stupid **** like that, report it and it will be yanked.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:41 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
So what you're saying is that even if I claim to street race for jesus then it's still just as bad as regular 'ol street racing?
:rotfl: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder

--
0==WW==0

Let it be said let it be done.
Thanks for the quick responce.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:52 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
Let it be said let it be done.
but... deez kicks is tight yo.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Thanks for the info wingless.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
So no one street races for jesus??
Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
So no one street races for jesus??
that'd be some good ****, I know there's some people in town that show their cars for jesus, talking about they are showing off the talent jesus gave them, they painted the cars themselves, they put the bible scriptures and stuff on them, etc.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
that'd be some good ****, I know there's some people in town that show their cars for jesus, talking about they are showing off the talent jesus gave them, they painted the cars themselves, they put the bible scriptures and stuff on them, etc.

Gold Chrome adds HP.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
Old 02-21-2007, 12:14 PM

jeebus...

Quick Reply: Question for the Mods: (topic: street racing posts) aka 2am rant