Problem with my brothers car! please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Car Info: WRC replica
Sound like clogged radiator. Start the car up, put your hand on the lower portion of the radiator to feel if it is heat. You done all the cooling system parts, but not the radiator tho right? Blockage is kinda of hard to occur if the coolant was all clean before you changed out. I worked on lots of Camero althought it is different car/motor and they all had dirty coolant like mud form, but never clog the block itself. Try that.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by orwrx
Sound like clogged radiator. Start the car up, put your hand on the lower portion of the radiator to feel if it is heat. You done all the cooling system parts, but not the radiator tho right? Blockage is kinda of hard to occur if the coolant was all clean before you changed out. I worked on lots of Camero althought it is different car/motor and they all had dirty coolant like mud form, but never clog the block itself. Try that.
Must not have worked on them to much considering you can't spell the name of the car
Old 10-25-2007, 03:14 AM

Car Info: 98 subaru impreza
Originally Posted by Kevin M
Head gaskets do that too.
yeah but a little test to see if its a head gasket is to take off your radiator cap and rev the engine and if it starts to boil and shoot out you know for sure its a head gasket, when we did that nothing came out at all it ran fine. so its like 99% positive its not a head gasket.

i would have flushed his system when i was up there but he lives in an apartment in reno and doesnt exactly have a hose i could use to flush it. i guess my brother called a subaru place today and they told him it happens all the time that when you buy a thermostat from kregan or autozone its already F'd. the first thing they said when my brother told them what was going on was a thermostat. i think they're gonna flush it but i havnt heard back from him yet to see whats going on.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by sybir
You can check 710 cap for white residue, you can check rad neck for black ****, you can check overflow tank for black ****, etc etc.
checked it all, everything was clean.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I wouldn't say "way too expensive" at this indy shop.
Remember, I gotta make a profit to keep the doors open.

Automotive Repair cannot be handled/treated like eCommerce.

bass player...have bro bring the car by...I promise to be gentle.
haha i would paul.....but my brother lives in reno and the car cannot be driven down here. it over heats lol. you were the first person i thought of to actually have it worked on if i couldnt do it myself but there is no way for us to get it down here.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by orwrx
yeah, i flushed the radiator last time i had it down here which was about a month ago and everything was flowing fine.