official SRiC World Cup thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
I dont think the game is too bad its the ***** *** rules & people that play it... if one hand gets laid on them they writhe around on the ground like someone hit em in the jewels with a baseball bat, i think the rules of the game are to blame for attracting all the panzies.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
I dont think the game is too bad its the ***** *** rules & people that play it... if one hand gets laid on them they writhe around on the ground like someone hit em in the jewels with a baseball bat, i think the rules of the game are to blame for attracting all the panzies.
It's the same with basketball. Someone pushes another player and they just fall on the floor crying foul. In all sports you're going to have that not just soccer.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by dz
You made this thread? Then why does it have my name attached to it? I certainly don't remember ever starting this thread...
Yeah, for someone who hates soccer because it's gay, you sure pay a lot of attention to it. What's the deal man?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
It's the same with basketball. Someone pushes another player and they just fall on the floor crying foul. In all sports you're going to have that not just soccer.
Very true but the more strict the rules are the easier it is to take advantage of it... and soccers contact rules are pretty wussified
Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Very true but the more strict the rules are the easier it is to take advantage of it... and soccers contact rules are pretty wussified
In order to critique a game, you need to first understand it.
Watch the injuries and watch what most players try to get away with. Have you seen someone put metal cleats into someone's face? Or their leg?
It's not a pretty sight.

Why are soccer rules wussified?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:40 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
They don't even play a set amount of time. The clock runs out and they continue to play until the ref decides to call the "match". Are they giving the team that is losing that extra amount of time to get that tie goal because they hate to see anyone lose?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

In order to critique a game, you need to first understand it.
Watch the injuries and watch what most players try to get away with. Have you seen someone put metal cleats into someone's face? Or their leg?
It's not a pretty sight.

Why are soccer rules wussified?
Just on saturday i was watching and some dude touched another guy on the back to avoid hitting him & the guy started rolling around on the ground like someone hacked him with a machete and the other player was yellow carded... stupid
Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by dz
They don't even play a set amount of time. The clock runs out and they continue to play until the ref decides to call the "match". Are they giving the team that is losing that extra amount of time to get that tie goal because they hate to see anyone lose?
Well there are no time outs in the game. The only time someone can stop playing (but not stop the clock) is when someone gets hurt. (or it's 1/2 time) They extend the time of play to make up for the lost time (player gets hurt or removed from the field.)
Old 06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Just on saturday i was watching and some dude touched another guy on the back to avoid hitting him & the guy started rolling around on the ground like someone hacked him with a machete and the other player was yellow carded... stupid

What match was this?

True there are people that try to fake out the ref and get away with it. It's like that in most sports.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM
dz

Well there are no time outs in the game. The only time someone can stop playing (but not stop the clock) is when someone gets hurt. (or it's 1/2 time) They extend the time of play to make up for the lost time (player gets hurt or removed from the field.)
Well no wonder the ref issues so many of his gay rainbow colored cards for fake injuries. He is too busy being the scorekeeper and timekeeper to bother paying attention to the match being played.

Soccer is to sports as drifting is to racing...
Old 06-12-2006, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

What match was this?

True there are people that try to fake out the ref and get away with it. It's like that in most sports.
I dont know what teams they were, i was in a restaraunt & it was on the tv... it was about 7pm saturday night though if that helps. It just seems like way more people take advantage of the rules in soccer
Old 06-12-2006, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dz
Well no wonder the ref issues so many of his gay rainbow colored cards for fake injuries. He is too busy being the scorekeeper and timekeeper to bother paying attention to the match being played.

Soccer is to sports as drifting is to racing...
I dunno man i think curling and ice skating are "sports"
Old 06-12-2006, 01:50 PM
dz

I dunno man i think curling and ice skating are "sports"
I've always thought you were an idiot, now I have proof...
Old 06-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Token Toyota Mod

I dont know what teams they were, i was in a restaraunt & it was on the tv... it was about 7pm saturday night though if that helps. It just seems like way more people take advantage of the rules in soccer
haha you should look at basketball. they don't even call traveling anymore. :rotfl:

eh7pm. must have been a repeat.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:03 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
soccer is possibly the worst sport ever. and dont say i dont know about the game, i played competetive and select for 11 years. then i found lacrosse and all those years of soccer were a waste of time.

Last edited by TitanSTI; 06-12-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Quick Reply: official SRiC World Cup thread