Muffler shop recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
Muffler shop recomendations?

So I received a COBB replica for Xmas from the old lady, installed it and the axle back portion sags below the differential.

So I headed over to Maco Muffler to have them quote me on having the piping redone. They quoted me at $130 for just the axle back pipping and said "we'll tuck it up as best we can" kinda without any guarantees? They didn't even want to check it out, even though I was parked right in front, kinda weird.

I have had this exhaust before it was the first one I bought to go stg2 and I loved it. This one on the other hand sounds like a damn raspy *** rally car. One if the loudest I have ever heard, it's pretty insane. It is even louder than my canister I was trying to get rid of because it was so damn loud.

They quoted me around $110 for a 15" to 23" resonator installed.

Anyone have any suggestions on any reputable other muffler shops? Or is Maco just fine.

It's the one off greenback by chestnut.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
so you went from cobb replica to borla hush to ebay grenade launcher back to cobb replica?

lol

Resonator wont quiet it down. Ask me how I know. It will dull down some of the rasp though.

And that price is about right for a resonator + install. I bet its a crappy one though, just as crappy as the cannister on the cobb replica exhaust lol

Shoulda just kept the borla hush lol
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by VladiWrX
so you went from cobb replica to borla hush to ebay grenade launcher back to cobb replica?

lol

Resonator wont quiet it down. Ask me how I know. It will dull down some of the rasp though.
Hahaha. Damn It vladi. Sometime I guess you gatta step in the dog **** to really smell it lol. I liked the first one I had!! It sounded really good!! This one is insane.

Well the Internet said 20 decibels quieter with a resonator!

The rasp is what makes it so loud. It's like a straight pipe at WOT.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
I guarrantee you it wont be quieter.

Ask me how I know.

It softened it up just a tad bit. Nowhere near enough to be significant. I ended up selling it because I can't stand loud exhausts.

Last edited by Vladi; 01-02-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX PREMIUM
Are you talking about Marco muffler? I've never heard of maco. I took my car in to get an exhaust leak fixed between 3" DP and spt cat back, $50 bucks and a new "better" flange later and all was good. They are one of the best in sac for custom walk-in work. Many of my muscle car friends have gotten work done there and it always turns out great. Solid welds etc. and their prices aren't rediculous either.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Trakjunky
Are you talking about Marco muffler? I've never heard of maco. I took my car in to get an exhaust leak fixed between 3" DP and spt cat back, $50 bucks and a new "better" flange later and all was good. They are one of the best in sac for custom walk-in work. Many of my muscle car friends have gotten work done there and it always turns out great. Solid welds etc. and their prices aren't rediculous either.
Yea Marco muffler.