Moving to the Sac area

Old 07-03-2014, 07:29 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
Moving to the Sac area

Considering a new job in the Sac/Rancho Cordova area, and we are looking in the Lodi area to buy. Does anyone know what that commute is like? Wife and I are used to 30-45min commutes and are looking to cut that time down if we can.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by Steven@Coach
Considering a new job in the Sac/Rancho Cordova area, and we are looking in the Lodi area to buy. Does anyone know what that commute is like? Wife and I are used to 30-45min commutes and are looking to cut that time down if we can.
Lodi to Sac/Rancho Cordova can be from 45minutes or more commute depending on where you are. I have a co-worker who commutes between 45 minutes to an hour from Lodi to downtown Sacramento.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 AM
The Good Wife

Car Info: 2010 Subaru WRX
If taking Grantline Rd to bypass the congested freeways, you're looking 40+ mins according to Google. Thats without traffic.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 AM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
Definitely will take at least 45 minutes. between 430-6 might take even more.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Is the job in Rancho, or closer to Sac? Are you both going to be working up here? I'd recommend staying out of the EG commute paths to Sac/Rancho if you're concerned about time - EG and South Sac are the "commute from" areas so you're going to be in traffic at peak times.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by sybir
Is the job in Rancho, or closer to Sac? Are you both going to be working up here? I'd recommend staying out of the EG commute paths to Sac/Rancho if you're concerned about time - EG and South Sac are the "commute from" areas so you're going to be in traffic at peak times.
It is in Rancho and the wife is looking in the Citrus Heights area. Thus we are now expanding our home search to Rancho/Fair Oaks area. I know very little about Sac Area. We are looking in the eastside of Sac and those both seem like decent areas.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
East sac has some decent areas. Fair oaks is great too (that's where I am, on the east end up by Folsom).

Sac has good and bad pockets everywhere - good news and bad news depending on where you are. Orangevale isn't horrible and you can end up with a bit more space.

We meet up Thursday nights in different places around sac and Roseville - if you find yourself up here and want to meet the locals, first beer (or preferred beverage) is on me!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:52 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
definitely stop by one of our meets. get to know the people as well as the area
Old 07-06-2014, 09:28 PM
The Good Wife

Car Info: 2010 Subaru WRX
Citrus Heights isn't a terrible place either, its just depends which part as with any location there are good and bad areas. Wife and I lived in CH but had to move because of better opportunities with a houst in Rancho Cordova, but otherwise we would have been happy to stay in the area.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Registered Mustachio

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon
Most of the cities around the Citrus Heights area are pretty nice for the most part. I'm partial to Orangevale because it's a little more open and houses tend to be on larger lots
Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM

Car Info: '05 Saab 92x Aero
I work at Blue Shield and for a couple months I was working out of their Lodi office. I was commuting from Fair Oaks to Lodi and then East Sac to Lodi when my now-wife and I moved in together. I can agree that the commute through Elk Grove on Grant Line is slow-going and not the most fun. There are plenty of areas closer which are nice.

My wife and I are also house searching right now and are looking in the Gold River/Fair Oaks neighborhoods primarily but also considering some in Carmichael/OV/Folsom. I live in East Sac right now and it's very nice and close to midtown/downtown but it's also much more expensive to buy.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Saabaru916
My wife and I are also house searching right now and are looking in the Gold River/Fair Oaks neighborhoods primarily but also considering some in Carmichael/OV/Folsom. I live in East Sac right now and it's very nice and close to midtown/downtown but it's also much more expensive to buy.
Yep, we're looking in same areas; Fair Oaks, Rancho, and Carmichael. Also looking in S Parkland, its a bit further in to the city but someone told us its a good place to check out.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:30 AM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Get ready for triple digit temperatures during the summer.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:56 AM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
man I miss cali. the high taxes, living in Stockton, driving to rancho via I-5 to grant line then through junkyard city (forgot name of road), driving through sac during the afternoon rage, watching the kings lose, failing smog, and all the crap that came with it. really, I miss being able to hop in the car/van with the family to spend a weekend camping in the mountains, playing in the snow at Tahoe, going down south for lego/Disney lands, and can't forget to mention the taco trucks. i will be back one day cali! maybe one state up, but that's close enough!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:40 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX
Yeah that is a rough stretch of road even for a Subi..... lots of traffic there are newer areas of Rancho that a about the same price range as Rancho

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moving to the Sac area