Morning Rivals

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:53 AM

Car Info: 2001 Transmaro SS
Morning Rivals

Is it just me or does anyone else have a morning rival, you know, someone with pretty much the same commute as you that you see every day and try to stay in front of? There are the same 3 people that always drive super crazy from Sactown to Vacaville, a guy in a white Dodge Stratus (reminds me of that Will Ferrel skit) that likes to pass big rigs on the right using on ramp lanes as passing lanes, a very young blonde woman in a new black acura sedan that does her makeup while driving around 95 in whatever lane she can find and a guy in a mega uber hoopty late 80's caprice that uses the fact that his car is a giant hulking POS to cut people off since any damage would be hard to notice on his car.

I wish I could get these people out to Thunderhill, cause I sure ain't getting suckered into shutting them down on the freeway... Maybe 4 years ago...

I guess the reason I brought this up is there was a little justice as Acura girl managed to get suckered into using the slow lane to pass me on three seperate occasions. I call the move the "Big Rig Sandwich".
Old 03-03-2005, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I took that route for about a month before I gave up on it.

I KNOW that stratus. :rotfl:

DO NOT MOCK THE DODGE STRATUS!!!!!1!!11!!!1!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I don't really have anyone like this anymore. There used to be this dumb ***** woman in this busted *** old blue caprice thingy that would always cut me off everyday, so I started taking some measures to stop it. And I started kicking her *** daily, then stopped seeing her.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
My commute is too short, and too inconsistent (time wise, at least) to really have one, though I used to have plenty.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Everyone gets out of my way when I drive from Granite Bay to Davis, so it's really not an issue for me.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Well I take a one lane road to work everyday, I always see this restored yellow Hachi(sp?) on Grant line. It makes me think of Aaron.

But you always get the same trucks with their flying rocks.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:25 AM

Car Info: WRB Bugeye Sedan
I've got some rivals on my morning commute as well. Roseville to Folsom down Hazel @ 6:30 AM. Blue Civic, Red Sentra with a big wing and a beatup Toyota truck. No competition if there was running room, but it's not easy to get ahead in two lanes of bumper to bumper traffic...
Old 03-03-2005, 10:30 AM

Car Info: 04' STi now 15' WRX
there use to be a Mustang I would see going to work up Sunrise from 50 everyday..........

It was funny because the first time we raced up Sunrise it was all good. Then we saw each other the next day and raced, and so on for a couple of weeks. Finally we decided to get out of the cars and talk and say hey and what not. I started telling him how in High School we would take up the lanes with our cars and "controll" the traffic flow, so we stoped the racing for the more fun and safe thing of pissing off other drivers that traveled that part of the road. Nothing like getting suck at a light at Gold River and Sunrise and when it goes green to go 5 mph under the speed limit to get everyones blood boiling
Old 03-03-2005, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
I always end up with a rival on the morning commute. Hell, I was just downtown, and some jackass in a rattle-can yellow tercel with a wing and exhaust tip was trying to battle the master through traffic. He has much to learn
Old 03-03-2005, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 2004 Sti
Haha, this thread rules...I can't say I have any cars I notice every morning, but it's easy for me to hate a new person every day.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by famink
Nothing like getting suck at a light at Gold River and Sunrise and when it goes green to go 5 mph under the speed limit to get everyones blood boiling
soggy may ave bin right. it is coz of people dig yous dat i think it should be legal to keep a gun in da auto and use it to blow noodles out your skull whun yous pull mingin dig dis...
Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX Sedan MBP/17X7.5 SSR Comps/225 Kumho MX
The thing is, a lot of people have short fuses in the morning and it’s not hard to push their buttons. Especially if it’s before 6 a.m. and they haven’t eaten, are running late or don’t have the caffeine or nicotine levels up to norm.

This was a few years ago when I was driving the ’90 turbo Eclipse and before the Mace overpass in Davis had been rebuilt. It was just before sunrise. Guy was on my rear because he couldn’t get past me on the then 1-lane Mace Blvd. Bastardo in the pickup just would not get off my tail. I was headed to Sacto. We were on the top of the Mace overcrossing going southbound when I saw that there was no more opposing traffic. Instead of making the right to the eastbound freeway onramp, I pulled a really hard left and shot onto the eastbound onramp on the other side of the road…that’s the one for the northbound traffic on the Mace overcrossing.

This is not an easy move to make. It’s downhill and it’s steeply banked in the wrong direction for my turn. I pulled it off anyway by powering through the turn and surprised myself by squealing the Goodyear GT+4s on my front wheels (it was the turbo front-wheel Eclipse) in the process.

You are right if you guessed the bastardo idiot in the pickup just tried to follow me through the turn. I heard massive tire noise in back of me and looked into the mirror to see that guy launching right off the road and into the weeds. I turned my head around to look back after I got onto I-80, but all that I could see was dust where he should have been.

It’s totally wrong, but I still enjoy remembering that.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 2001 Transmaro SS
Talking

Originally Posted by yzercyber
It’s totally wrong, but I still enjoy remembering that.
Cool story! And I must add that during commute hours there is another rule, "All pickup trucks get disrespected." I am not saying I cut people off or anything, but if I am behind a truck full of, ummmm, painters / farmworkers with ladders, garage doors or buckets hanging off the side, and they are doing 80, I am going to do what I have to to get around them. For one I can't see around them, two, something is going to fly out and hit my car and three, people in pickups need to be reminded that they aren't sports cars no matter how big their commemerative number 3 sticker in the window is.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by illy
people in pickups need to be reminded that they aren't sports cars no matter how big their commemerative number 3 sticker in the window is.
:rotfl: OMFG that rules.

Oh, and it is amazing, but driving 200 miles a day actually lessened my road rage. I think it just that if I got mad at everyone that did something stupid around me, I would have a heart attack. So nothing really bothers me anymore. It's funny to eff with people in hyundai's or camry's trying to pass me on the Altimont...
Old 03-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
But doesn't the "3" sticker add like 50hp?

Quick Reply: Morning Rivals