Is it monday yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
man... just when i started to gain respect for you, just when i thought you where going to be the guy i compare all idiots too, you chicken out of a stupid act...

You disapoint me young grasshopper
i do have a little regard for my own life.. it takes like %500 more concentration to ride a bike so i dont know if i want to tempt fate. Oh yeah if i get a bike guess what.. im fastar than you bwahaha
Old 07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by mashpro
Dont worry, I still have faith in you.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 07-17-2006, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mashpro
Dont worry, I still have faith in you.
Ill hide a vaporizer under my seat & pipe it into my helmet so i can ride & toke at the same time
Old 07-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
Goddamnit Furley, your ****ing avatar is giving me a headache, cut that **** out!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:25 PM
VIP Member

Mmmm isnt it seckzi.. so tempting

Originally Posted by Cohnster
Goddamnit Furley, your ****ing avatar is giving me a headache, cut that **** out! :P

Haha yeah it does kinda trip you out if you stare too long
Old 07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
I checked progressive & it was like $38 a month so ill probably go with them... i have to take the safety course as im under 21 but its like a 2 month wait can I even get insurance if i dont have an M1? if not i guess im gonna have to wait 2 months... what dealership would you recommend??
I don't know what the rules are for being under 21. I got my permit then started shoping for a bike. I was able to test ride at bmw dealers with only the permit. I bought the bike and the insurance the same day. If you finance the bike you might need more coverage than just the minimum.

I don't really have anything against good times. And I don't know where to look for the best dealer for that bike. Does Roseville cycle center carry kawi? That place is fricken huge.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
i do have a little regard for my own life.. it takes like %500 more concentration to ride a bike so i dont know if i want to tempt fate. Oh yeah if i get a bike guess what.. im fastar than you bwahaha

That's only if you know how to ride a bike damn good... So I have nothing to worry about!! Not to mention i'll just clip you
Old 07-17-2006, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
I don't know what the rules are for being under 21. I got my permit then started shoping for a bike. I was able to test ride at bmw dealers with only the permit. I bought the bike and the insurance the same day. If you finance the bike you might need more coverage than just the minimum.

I don't really have anything against good times. And I don't know where to look for the best dealer for that bike. Does Roseville cycle center carry kawi? That place is fricken huge.
I checked.... you can get insurance (state minimum) without having M1, the insurance was through the dealership. Im really considering going there after work & filling out the paperwork... I did the math & i could pay for that bike with the money i would save from not driving my car. Not to mention i could get to work in 15min instead of 45.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:28 PM

Car Info: Dying is not an option. It's an upgrade.
Buenos tardes, bit ches!
Old 07-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
California, rest in peace...
Old 07-17-2006, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
sonic , what's the big deal about the tape on the plane? my buddies that worked on F-16s had the use broom handels to support control arms that would get messed up when the piolets would f' around...

at least we all know the tape is good to go.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Father Time

I checked.... you can get insurance (state minimum) without having M1, the insurance was through the dealership. Im really considering going there after work & filling out the paperwork... I did the math & i could pay for that bike with the money i would save from not driving my car. Not to mention i could get to work in 15min instead of 45.
This might be true for you or it might not but lane splitting is not something you will be doing the first day you get you bike. That's what makes a bike fun to ride. The things that seemed normal are suddenly scary again.
I distinctly remember these first activities;
1. riding in multilane traffic (OMG there are cars everywhere and they're all gonna crush me)
2. Merging onto the freeway (now there's cars AND we're moving at a good clip)
3. filtering up to the front of a light (can I fit between those two SUVs without hiting the mirrors?)
4. Full on lane splitting in moving traffic (holy ****!)

Seriously just negotiating a turn when you first start out can be sketch.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:49 PM
VIP Member

This might be true for you or it might not but lane splitting is not something you will be doing the first day you get you bike. That's what makes a bike fun to ride. The things that seemed normal are suddenly scary again.
I distinctly remember these first activities;
1. riding in multilane traffic (OMG there are cars everywhere and they're all gonna crush me)
2. Merging onto the freeway (now there's cars AND we're moving at a good clip)
3. filtering up to the front of a light (can I fit between those two SUVs without hiting the mirrors?)
4. Full on lane splitting in moving traffic (holy ****!)

Seriously just negotiating a turn when you first start out can be sketch.
I believe you... im scared already & i dont even have the bike yet. The freeway scares me for sure and i definitely dont plan on lane splitting in moving traffic for a WHILE maybe a long while haha. I know i could save a lot of time in the morning driving from elk grove down excelcior to sunrise just by getting in the front of the line at the stoplights.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Father Time

I believe you... im scared already & i dont even have the bike yet. The freeway scares me for sure and i definitely dont plan on lane splitting in moving traffic for a WHILE maybe a long while haha. I know i could save a lot of time in the morning driving from elk grove down excelcior to sunrise just by getting in the front of the line at the stoplights.
Yes. Filtering (moving to the front at a stop light) is good practice before you move up to spliting. But.... Some of the backroad filtering is a little wierd too. I used to only filter going north on sunrise @ jackson. If you wait you are there for about three or more light changes. The problem is you really can't split/filter cuz there's only one lane each direction. So you just pass the stopped cars until oncoming traffic starts getting close then tuck back into the line of cars. I feel that using the shoulder in that case is safer but not legal at all.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:06 PM
VIP Member

Yes. Filtering (moving to the front at a stop light) is good practice before you move up to spliting. But.... Some of the backroad filtering is a little wierd too. I used to only filter going north on sunrise @ jackson. If you wait you are there for about three or more light changes. The problem is you really can't split/filter cuz there's only one lane each direction. So you just pass the stopped cars until oncoming traffic starts getting close then tuck back into the line of cars. I feel that using the shoulder in that case is safer but not legal at all.
Legal?? whats that??

Quick Reply: Is it monday yet?