Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 02:00 AM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
HDR imaging + fog = bad.

im frustrated. i shoulda shot in JPEG
Old 12-24-2006, 02:01 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
John where's the lense flare???
I'm so bored. None of my other friends wanted to go out bar hopping or anything, that and one other friend couldn't because he's not 21. Oh yea...on 80E near the automall/budwiser plant in fairfield it was kinda interesting to see 2 local cops and a chp pull over some ghetto scraper andhad the driver in handcuffs and a dog sniffing out the entire car lol. I'm tired...time to get some sleep and get up soon only to go last minute festivus shopping with some friends. Yay for festivus!!!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Double Phister
needs more fog
Sir you are very mistaken. It actually needs more cowbell. YWIA
Old 12-24-2006, 02:04 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
John where's the lense flare???

there is some, but not much... if i woulda taken those pictures normal they would have been flared to **** especially since some of my exposures where as high as 20 seconds
Old 12-24-2006, 02:05 AM

these suck, but its all im gonna try and do right now. im about to punch a hole through this computer.

because CS2 wont merge to HDR for me for some reason im having to use another program, so im having to save all the images as JPEG's, but the CameraRAW viewer on CS2 keeps ****ing with the exposures, so doing HDR is pointless. and the other program wont let me adjust the curves. really ****ing frustrating.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:07 AM

http://www.rs25.com/classifieds/show...t=last7&page=1
I want this wagon
I'm going to bed. G'nite all
Old 12-24-2006, 02:15 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
trust me I know this(the background would have been WAY over exposed doing it that way), these aren't normal pictures why do you think there is so much depth to the pictures, these aren't just 1 single pics, they are multiple... i'm getting use to it...
you can get that depth of feild without photchop...

trust me, +1f over what your meter says for shooting fog, adjust by 1/2s based on how bright the background is. as far as focus problems, try locking focus on something thats less obstucted? if you cant do manual it can work.

you can also use redeye flash to help focus on ****ty cameras, dont ask me how but it works.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:19 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by irrational x

trust me, +1f over what your meter says for shooting fog, adjust by 1/2s based on how bright the background is. as far as focus problems, try locking focus on something thats less obstucted? if you cant do manual it can work.

you can also use redeye flash to help focus on ****ty cameras, dont ask me how but it works.

uhhh... that's a half dozen pictures overlayed on top of each other... trust me, i have a picture +1f over what the meter says in that blend... haha
Old 12-24-2006, 02:21 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

"HDRI was originally developed for use with purely computer-generated images. Later, methods were developed to produce a HDR image from a set of photos taken with a range of exposures. With the rising popularity of digital cameras and easy to use desktop software, many amateur photographers have used HDRI methods to create photos of scenes with a high dynamic range."

it was our first attempt at that.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:21 AM
Troll

I don't think you are getting how thick this fog was when the car was up in the parking spots... if i would have taken a normal picture(and not multiple)... there is absolutely no way i would have that kind of depth.. period
Old 12-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Troll

here is an example of HDR pictures

we are going to go try to get down town sac if we can find a good area to take pics of the city from... i'm going to try to take pics of my car when it's not so foggy
Old 12-24-2006, 02:36 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by GT35 STI
I don't think you are getting how thick this fog was when the car was up in the parking spots... if i would have taken a normal picture(and not multiple)... there is absolutely no way i would have that kind of depth.. period
ive only done 35 - 90mm photography as a hobby for a decade, i obviously have no idea how to take pictures.

Originally Posted by TitanSTI
it was our first attempt at that.
now i gotcha. ive never played with HDRi so i cant comment on its workings, ill go play tomorrow night.

if you want a really good low light fog shot ill bring out the 80mm, i still have some film... i just gota find a place to develope it. those shots would look badass with uv and IR overlays, and i have some of that film laying around too
Old 12-24-2006, 02:40 AM

ive only done 35 - 90mm photography as a hobby for a decade, i obviously have no idea how to take pictures.

now i gotcha. ive never played with HDRi so i cant comment on its workings, ill go play tomorrow night.

if you want a really good low light fog shot ill bring out the 80mm, i still have some film... i just gota find a place to develope it. those shots would look badass with uv and IR overlays, and i have some of that film laying around too
IR film is cool.

i used to shoot in 35mm, but i HATED processing film and doing darkroom work.

i love digi's.

a friend of mine in san fran has done some really kick *** HDR's and he was kinda my inspiration for giving it a try. we just chose the wrong time and place to do it. (and i shot in the wrong format)

hopefully attempt #2 will yeild more pleasing results.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:42 AM
Troll

im not saying you don't know what you are talking about, I know how to get more depth in a picture, but ya it was our first attempt at HDRi imaging, so hopefully next time it will be alot better results
Old 12-24-2006, 02:46 AM
plays well with others

thats one of the shots with 80mm from monets garden, got lucky, ended up being the best picture of the 1000+ total pics i took with digi, 35, and 80 on that trip

Quick Reply: Merry Xmas Eve Day!