Field Trip to Sacramento Auto Show 11/12!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 07:52 PM

Car Info: .
I just got home and started looking through my snail-mail, and saw a flyer for the 2007 Sacramento International Auto Show. With the Natomas meets having gone down the tubes, I thought it would be nice for us to have a little "field trip" so that we could collectively drool over some of the new offerings that the auto manufacturers have on display, as well as gawk at a genuine WRC Impreza and the new STI Limited!

While I understand that this is probably short-notice for some people, I thought the best thing to do would be to suggest this idea as soon as possible so as to get an idea of who's interested in going. Though I could very easily attend it by myself, I find it to be a more enriching experience if I go to such events with a group of people, so that we can all have something in common to talk about afterwards.

The last day of the show is this Sunday, November 12th. For members with little ones in tow, this also happens to be Family Day, and kids 12 and under are free with an adult. Gates open at 11AM, and the show will continue until 6PM. Though the flyer doesn't make mention of the possibility, I can call the box office on Thursday and find out if we might be eligible for a special "group discount". If not, check your mail boxes tonight and stick the $2 off admission flyer under a magnet on the fridge.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. The flyer also states that there is free parking to the first 200 cars at the show! I think it would be cool if we could all show up to the parking lot gates at 10:30AM, line up on Exposition Boulevard, and proudly represent the SRiC.

SO WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS ONE? :banana:

Last edited by Snot Rod; 11-13-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:59 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I would honestly say in the future just make a new thread, things get killed in the daily thread way too fast
Old 11-08-2006, 08:05 PM

Thank you. I'm doing this on my own, with no influence from other members. What I want to get going here has very little to do with the other thread discussing the Auto Show!

I come in peace!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX wagon
im pretty interested in going...i used to go to LA auto show when i lived down there...but never went to the one in sac. lemme check if i can get some friends to go.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by UCDgogie
im pretty interested in going...i used to go to LA auto show when i lived down there...but never went to the one in sac. lemme check if i can get some friends to go.
You used to go to the L.A. show? With the exception of missing two shows, I went there for 20 years! I've got a collection of brochures at my parents house dating back to 1984. Remember the Yugo...

...it was the Official Car of the U.S. Women's Olympic Volleyball Team! :rotfl:
Old 11-08-2006, 10:44 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
I might go Friday or Saturday. How many hours do you think it would take to check out most of the good stuff?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by T-Will
I might go Friday or Saturday. How many hours do you think it would take to check out most of the good stuff?
Define "good stuff". Seriously, I expect to be there until they kick me out!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
What time are you going? I've always wanted to attend but other stuff comes up - I might be interested depending on how things go that day.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:11 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Id go but i got church till 12:30 so yea i might go later
Old 11-08-2006, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
What time are you going? I've always wanted to attend but other stuff comes up - I might be interested depending on how things go that day.
I was going to show-up at the front gate at 10:30AM (gates actually open at 11AM). That way we can get us the free parking. Keep in mind, if we get a line of Subarus in all at once, we can park next to each other and keep boneheads in SUV's from dinging our doors.

Here's a map to get there, and an overview of the floorplan.

http://sacautoshow.com/revised_insert_inside_map.pdf

Last edited by Snot Rod; 11-11-2006 at 06:26 AM. Reason: changed arrival time
Old 11-09-2006, 02:41 PM

Update post!

I called the box office earlier today and they said no group discount.

On the bright side, weatherchannel.com says it will be cloudy, but no rain is in the forecast for Sunday, which is great because they had to spread the whole show over 13 buildings.

Oh yeah, did I mention I'll be bringing free doughnuts for those who decide to wait in line with me to get our free parking!

BTW, after the first 200 cars parking costs $7.

Here's a recap of the highlights:

*Get in line at East Gate to park at 10:30AM, gates open at 11AM, show's over at 6PM.

*Parking at East Gate allows us to make a bee-line straight for the Subaru display, which will feature a genuine WRC Impreza and the new STI Limited!

*Admission is $9 at the box office, $2 discount flyer should be in your snail-mail. I have already printed-out maps of the place to hand out to people when they get there.

*Kids 12 and under are free at 11AM, after noon it changes to 18 and under free.

*Forty-one new vehicle manufacturers will be represented, as well as displays featuring classics, hot rods, Infineon race cars, horseless carriages, Harley Davidson motorcycles, and exotic collector cars.

*The opportunity to win $1,000 cash for guessing the “Cubed Car” in the Kid Zone.

If anyone has any questions not answered by the following link, please feel free to post up and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

http://sacautoshow.com/intro.htm

If people who would like to attend this event could post their intention to do so, it would give me a better idea of what to expect when we walk through the door. Hope to see you guys there!

Last edited by Snot Rod; 11-11-2006 at 06:25 AM. Reason: changed arrival time
Old 11-09-2006, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Im gonna try to make this one, ive gone the past couple years so i may as well.... but why the eff do we want to go in the morning!?! do the bikini girls come out that early?!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Sorry, dude I'm not going to be able to make it. I've two big exams next week in addition to the fact that I'll likely be hungover on Sunday.

sonicsuby out.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:54 PM

I don't know anything about bikini girls.

In all my years of attending the L.A. International Auto Show, I'd usually take between 8-10 hours to actually see EVERYTHING.

Since this show is only open for 7 hours on Sunday, and I have to take into account lunch and bathroom breaks, I'm gonna be moving along at a brisk pace to see it all.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Sorry, dude I'm not going to be able to make it. I've two big exams next week in addition to the fact that I'll likely be hungover on Sunday.

sonicsuby out.
That's O.K., my wife can't come because she's got homework, too.

Want me to grab any brochures for ya?

Quick Reply: Field Trip to Sacramento Auto Show 11/12!!!