Dont Go Into Folsom 2nite!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
yaaaaay quet stock exhaust! :banana:

Sorry to hear about yoru ticket though.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:58 AM

Car Info: Bastard child of Saab and Subaru.
Originally Posted by irrational x
did you ask him what his probable cause was? or just pop your hood? if it was on private property (parking lot ect) then they had permission to do it and can pop your hood, otherwise they need cause to make you pop the hood.

oh, and denial of permission for an officer to check your car is not grounds for cause. if he says your exhaust is too loud, make him show you a decibell meter of your cars exhuast over 93db.

They can inspect your car with or without probable cause, and if you refuse to let them inspect your car, they can have it impounded and or you arrested.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
and btw, modified exhaust is probably cause
Old 09-02-2006, 11:13 AM

Car Info: MBP Bugeye
Originally Posted by Sky92x
They can inspect your car with or without probable cause, and if you refuse to let them inspect your car, they can have it impounded and or you arrested.
Are you talking about just popping the hood or the whole car searched? The 6th Amendment protects us againsts this. Listen closely next time and listen for "Pop your hood" or "Can I search your car?" If they're asking you, you can say no. They'll ask you why not but you just say you know you're rights.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx blue lowred, vf 34, fmic
They said pop my hood. And my ticket is just a fix it. He said I could just put a sliencer on it to get it signed off. I have one so its not a big deal. Its just funny I have lived and drive in folsom for the last year and a half with my car and I just now get pulled over for it. Ive been pulled over by fpd 3 times for other issues and they have never said once anything about my exhaust. oh well. I'm not changing anything. He also aked me what was with all my racing "stuff" and I said, "what racing stuff?" and he said my turbo gauge. And I said it was stock. He then asked if my exhaust was stock. I should of said yes to see what he would do. Maybe next time.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
usually modified exhaust citations have to go through the state ref. they're put a sticker over the area where you can get it signed off that says "clear through state ref only". When i got a ticket for my tinted windows and exhaust, it said "clear through chp only"
Old 09-02-2006, 09:12 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by Galli916
Are you talking about just popping the hood or the whole car searched? The 6th Amendment protects us againsts this. Listen closely next time and listen for "Pop your hood" or "Can I search your car?" If they're asking you, you can say no. They'll ask you why not but you just say you know you're rights.
that does not work now in regards to vehicle inspections. They can use the exhaust as probable cause and thats enough to search your vehicle.

If you do not submit to the search, you will have your car towed and impounded.

Does it happen? sure it does.
Is it legal? probably not but no one with any money has tried to fight it yet and get it to a high enough court for them to rule the law unconstutional.

I got an idea.. how bout you go drive around and get pulled over, and then you can fight it for us and take it to the state supreme court
Old 09-02-2006, 09:49 PM

Car Info: L
i recently got a ticket including "too dark tint"(car is from az). instead of the "old" fix-it and go get check off a chp headquarters thing, i was scheduled a court date. they will check it off then.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Don't hang out around Sunrise either, I saw a lot of popo just driving to the Target and Chipotle.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:42 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Thumbs up +1

Originally Posted by pj21086
i reccomend carrying this with you in your car.
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content...lt.asp?id=8048

It will only work with chp though
I printed a copy even though I live in Oregon ~ I go to NoCal enough, that I want to arm myself. Although my exhaust is barely (if any) louder then stock (headers & cat-back), I don't care to be the victim of a CHP's bad day...

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:43 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by rubberbiscuitt
i recently got a ticket including "too dark tint"(car is from az). instead of the "old" fix-it and go get check off a chp headquarters thing, i was scheduled a court date. they will check it off then.
do you have AZ or CA plates on the car ?
Old 09-03-2006, 12:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
for some reason i feel like i've read this thread hundreds of times.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:54 PM

Car Info: lowered blk04 with no motor
Originally Posted by irrational x
did you ask him what his probable cause was? or just pop your hood? if it was on private property (parking lot ect) then they had permission to do it and can pop your hood, otherwise they need cause to make you pop the hood.

oh, and denial of permission for an officer to check your car is not grounds for cause. if he says your exhaust is too loud, make him show you a decibell meter of your cars exhuast over 93db.

PROBABLE cause is a aftermarket MUFFLER on your car. if you have one you can get stopped and they can check whatever. IF my Subaru smells like weed and i get pulled over he can search my car for weed. if you changed your exhuast thats a damn good reason to check for intake or blow off valve

im no cop im sure if you are or have a bunch of friends who are. cops want me to pop my hood for speeding or no front plate whatever reason they feel like saying

if you in a private lot you must have already must be a ****head for buring your tires. why else would they ask

Last edited by GasPipe DreameR; 09-04-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:37 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
How much are fix it tickets tehse days? like for modified exhaust?
Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
I think its like $10 if you get it signed off, i said **** it & paid the fine which was like $120

Quick Reply: Dont Go Into Folsom 2nite!!