bad day

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
I'm curious what the other driver had to say when you exchanged insurance info.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
Tailgating is bad mmmkay

If you got brake checked by an 05 mustang & couldnt stop in time you were WAAY too close
glad someone else posted it.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:33 PM

Car Info: The ladies wild
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
please see this post:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...58&postcount=5

I dont see how anyone can give someone sympathy for wreck caused by tailgating. True, the mustang shouldn't have brake checked you that hard, but you shouldn't have been tailgating in the first place.

For me, its flash the brake lights, flash the lights again, flash a third time, then start applying the brakes.

Bottom line, if you tailgate you're an idiot and you deserve to wreck. You are not that special that you get to pressure people ahead of you to go faster.
The question was meant in sarcasm without trying to sound like an ***, but yes you are right, tailgating is bad. I brake check people all the time But only when they deserve it of course.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by Egan
I'm curious what the other driver had to say when you exchanged insurance info.
oooh another good quote.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by omygata
The question was meant in sarcasm without trying to sound like an ***, but yes you are right, tailgating is bad. I brake check people all the time But only when they deserve it of course.
FYI - if it can be proven you brake checked someone you can be charged. A guy did that to someone on Highway 20 a few years ago, the driver of the trailing vehicle swerved to avoid him and hit another car head on. The driver of the car that 'brake checked' got vehicular manslaughter or homicide (I forget, it's been a while). Also, if you're caught brake-checking, even if the other driver doesn't wreck, they can get you on a whole bunch of stuff. Just don't do it, it's stupid, either maintain your speed till they get tired of it and go around, or just move over and let them by.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:40 PM

Yeah, I always feel foolish afterwards. I usually only do it when I'm driving home from work and I'm in a bad mood. After I calm down, I feel childish for reacting to an already rediculous situation.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
please use [sarcasm] and [/sarcasm]
Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
The best is brake checking CHPies on motorbikes.
You gotta time it juuust right; when the officer momentarily takes his eyes of the road to look at at his dash.

Be warned: You will not receive a ticket but get ready to deal with one pissed off cop....after he's done picking his bike up.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
You gotta time it juuust right; when the officer momentarily takes his eyes of the road to look at at his dash.

Be warned: You will not receive a ticket but get ready to deal with one pissed off cop....after he's done picking his bike up.
hahaha, my mom was in a 3 car accident on the freeway one time (car behind her hit her, pushed her into the car ahead of her) and it took like 15 minutes for the cop to help them because his motorcycle fell on him! I would have been laughing so hard if I saw that
Old 04-16-2008, 03:56 PM

hahaha, my mom was in a 3 car accident on the freeway one time (car behind her hit her, pushed her into the car ahead of her) and it took like 15 minutes for the cop to help them because his motorcycle fell on him! I would have been laughing so hard if I saw that
Not really related but I saw a bike cop taking radar one day off of Franklin Blvd and his bike tipped over...I laughed a little inside.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned

Nonono paul it goes like this:

SLAM the brakes

cop flies over the car

smash the gas

*bump* *bump*

porblem solved!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:02 PM

Car Info: subaru wrx 07
Wow, crazy! Why did he brake check you?
because he is a douche bag **** him
Old 04-16-2008, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 07wrxguy
because he is a douche bag **** him
I love it, there are conflicts in the world, but no matter who you ask, they never did anything wrong, it was 100% the other person's fault
Old 04-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
I know when im driving I brake check people randomly for absolutely no reason whatsoever....
Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM

Car Info: subaru wrx 07
please see this post:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...58&postcount=5

I dont see how anyone can give someone sympathy for wreck caused by tailgating. True, the mustang shouldn't have brake checked you that hard, but you shouldn't have been tailgating in the first place.

For me, its flash the brake lights, flash the lights again, flash a third time, then start applying the brakes.

Bottom line, if you tailgate you're an idiot and you deserve to wreck. You are not that special that you get to pressure people ahead of you to go faster.

he was taligating me then he got in front of me and break checked me. **** you if you dont have anything usefull or nice dont say **** i dont care who you are i wouldnt do it

Quick Reply: bad day