Any wireless people here to give the hookup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 02:06 PM

Car Info: SOLD 05 RS - 35PSI -- In My Tires
this thread is weak status
Old 09-13-2005, 02:07 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by RussB
look up Slow LS1 on here...
yeah that
Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 PM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
Originally Posted by ******3k
this thread is weak status
okay...thanks...

new cingular hawtness:

motorola ROKR

or the Nokia 6682

too bad they're on the worst wireless provider in the world...cingular customer service is crAp! they could care less about their customers...the've even told me this on occasion...bunch of bastards!

why can't any other service provider offer nice/cool nokia or motorola phones?!!??!?!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
you forgot coverage and call quality is crap too.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:49 PM

unfortunately they're one of the few providers that shoot a strong signal up here in the ElDo county area...because of their 850 band they're able to get a strong signal down into the canyons...

t-mobile/sprint/etc...have aweful coverage up here...
GSM in general sucks up here...we're still on the old AT&T TDMA network just so we can get coverage at our house...Verizon is on the modified CDMA but won't sign us up cus they use someone elses network up here for their coverage so it's not considered "their" network...lame cus i HATE cingular...would ideally like T-mobile...but they need to expand their 900 band coverage up here so I can get signal at my house...

the really sad thig is...we live less than a half mile from the freeway...but it's in a deep canyon so we get no GSM love.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by illy
I love my T-mobile / Crackberry and I have a guy that can get you out of ANY AT&T contract and over to any other privider for the price of a blank sim card ($15). He can switch you to Cingular for free from AT&T but who the hell would do that with their rates?
cingular will switch you from ATT to their service for free and give you a new phone since they bought ATT's cellular service and are trying to migrate the existing ATT people over to their own.

i've never had a problem with Cingular's phone coverage or service, but calling their customer service line is a joke. i'll only go into a store from now on.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by RussB
cingular will switch you from ATT to their service for free and give you a new phone since they bought ATT's cellular service and are trying to migrate the existing ATT people over to their own.

i've never had a problem with Cingular's phone coverage or service, but calling their customer service line is a joke. i'll only go into a store from now on.
yep...but they want to give up some crappy phones for free...
if we stay w/ cingular my wife is gonna get a new plan so we can get some decent phones and then have the #'s ported to the ner GSM plan and cancel the original plan under my name...

if we go that route we can both get black RAZR's w/ free bluetooth headsets for free...
otherwise we'll end up w/ el crapo LG or audiovox or samsung or some crap like that.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

go for the RAZR deal, that's a nice phone.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB WRX Sedan
did you switch yet? could be your phone. i got the razr about 4-5 months ago and havent dropped or missed a call since.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by N600
V815 is hawt! only bluetooth phone for V/W...would like to get that one if we switch to V/W.
but they don't show service in our zip...even though they have billboards and stores in our area...

any LG phone i've ever seen/used was a piece of crap!
After 7 years, I recently switched from ATT/Cingular to Verizon.
Got a better plan, better coverage, and can actually use my phone here in Cool.
I have the LG VX8100; it's one of the best phones I've used & it's reception is far better than Mrs. Oaf's Motorola V265.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Oaf
I have the LG VX8100; it's one of the best phones I've used & it's reception is far better than Mrs. Oaf's Motorola V265.
that's good to know...

what i do not get is...i wouldn't mind switching ot verizon. they have billboards in Pville, they advertise on the sides of the ElDo transit busses and there's even a Verizon dealer in Pville...but when you try to sign up online on a place like Tigerdirect.com or even the Verizon site or phone center, when i enter any zipcode east of Folsom it says "service unavailble in your area"...WTH is that?!?!?!?!

if it doesn't work here then don't advertise...if it does...let it be known and let me switch over!

the tigerdirect site has a lot of cool deals...can even get the MotoE815 for free on Verizon...but the site won't let me sign up.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by N600
that's good to know...

what i do not get is...i wouldn't mind switching ot verizon. they have billboards in Pville, they advertise on the sides of the ElDo transit busses and there's even a Verizon dealer in Pville...but when you try to sign up online on a place like Tigerdirect.com or even the Verizon site or phone center, when i enter any zipcode east of Folsom it says "service unavailble in your area"...WTH is that?!?!?!?!

if it doesn't work here then don't advertise...if it does...let it be known and let me switch over!

the tigerdirect site has a lot of cool deals...can even get the MotoE815 for free on Verizon...but the site won't let me sign up.
you should move out of the sticks.

YWIA
Old 09-14-2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
you should move out of the sticks.

YWIA
but then i'd have to live someplace like EG...yuuk

sticks are cool!
i like waking up at 3am to a bear in the yard...
Old 09-14-2005, 10:10 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by Oaf
good move oaf...ive had verizon for 2yrs now and ive never had an issue at all with service or anything...sept 25th is when i can upgrade my phone...ill be getting a motorola e815 hopefully they go back down to being $99 for another 2yrs....but right now theyre at 149...if they go back to being 99$ it will be free for me ($100 to upgrade after being w\them for 2yrs) and ill only have to buy the blue tooth headset someone from verizon here hook me up! hehe
Old 09-14-2005, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

just a warning to anyone thinking of going the Cingular / RAZR route... at the time i got mine, it was considered a PDA and insurance was not available. i don't know if it has changed, but i hope it has.

Quick Reply: Any wireless people here to give the hookup?