Any dirt bikers in huur that want to go riding??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
Any dirt bikers in huur that want to go riding??

So i live up in folsom and my 450 exc is on my patio not getting used! since i moved away from home i cant use my step-dads truck anymore so i have to rely on getting rides with other people. so just seeing if anybody wants some company going to hangtown, mammoth bar, Forrest hill, George town, ice house etc etc. so if anybody is going out let me know and ill pitch in for gas to. id love to go out and ride more!!

do any of you guys go on dual sport rides? alot of my buddies are getting into that and dual sporting there xc 250's. im thinking about doin the same to my 450 but idk.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
my dirtbikes have pedals, sorry bra
Old 03-08-2011, 02:58 PM

ahh bmxing is fun to. or mountain biking. whats really fun that i want to do sometime is go up to tahoe during this summer and go down hill mountain biking. i heard some of the resorts do it. i have done it in colorado a few times and its a blast!!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 PM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
If you're interested in dual sport riding in the area, Google GCDSR. I ride a KLR 650, but didn't know anyone else in the area who knew where to ride when I moved up to Yuba City from San Jose about 5 years ago. One of my co-workers told me to check out the Gold Country Dual Sport Riders, and I've found them to be a great group of guys & gals to ride with. They do monthly organized rides, don't have any dues, and have quite a variety of skills & riding styles represented in the group. Check the laws carefully before trying to change your bike over to a street-legal dual sport bike. It might be easier in some circumstances to sell your dirtbike & buy a dual sport bike that fits your riding style (single track or backroads/trails).
Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by RALIWGN
If you're interested in dual sport riding in the area, Google GCDSR. I ride a KLR 650, but didn't know anyone else in the area who knew where to ride when I moved up to Yuba City from San Jose about 5 years ago. One of my co-workers told me to check out the Gold Country Dual Sport Riders, and I've found them to be a great group of guys & gals to ride with. They do monthly organized rides, don't have any dues, and have quite a variety of skills & riding styles represented in the group. Check the laws carefully before trying to change your bike over to a street-legal dual sport bike. It might be easier in some circumstances to sell your dirtbike & buy a dual sport bike that fits your riding style (single track or backroads/trails).
+1 for Larry and his Gold Country Dual Sport Riders group. I met Larry on a shoot for the Experience El Dorado pilot episode.
http://www.experienceeldorado.com/cs...d=87&Itemid=90
At 00:13 he's the lead rider. I'm one behind.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 AM

im all about single track the technical nitty gritty stuff. i grew up riding clear creek (R.I.P.).

thanks for all the good info! if i do dual sport my bike ill most definitely look up those guys. from what i heard from other people those rides can be BRUTAL!!

and ya my bike technically cant be registered as a dual sport but i have the right connections from my friends that can get the job done

so if any of you guys want some company on a ride and are out in my neck of the woods hit me up
Old 03-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
I'll have to hit you up when im back in town... i miss riding out in foresthill and even prairie city...
Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 PM

where do you live over here? ya Forrest hill is awesome. what do you ride?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 PM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
Originally Posted by mr_silas
where do you live over here? ya Forrest hill is awesome. what do you ride?
I live in Sacramento but've been moved to Hawaii for a bit now (not nearly as glamorous as it sounds)

I ride a CR150 w/an XR200 motor on it w/CR85 reverse fork kit up front (its setup for supermoto and dirt)... awesome bike but i never got enough time riding it before i moved; over here i've been riding a drz400s w/supermoto conversion that i just added some dirt tires to since there's more off road than road worth riding on...

but...whenever i'm back, i'll lookout in the forum haha
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Hey I just moved to Placerville and I ride the gnarly stuff too!

I grew up riding Hollister and Metcalf my whole life. Unfortunately never ridden Clear Creek. I've never ridden in the Sierras yet either. :O Sad I know.

Heres my parents backyard on my KTM XC 300:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8M44pzXtk
Old 03-10-2011, 12:15 PM

Car Info: Foz
Originally Posted by irrational x
my dirtbikes have pedals, sorry bra
worddd!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by tesh
I live in Sacramento but've been moved to Hawaii for a bit now (not nearly as glamorous as it sounds)

I ride a CR150 w/an XR200 motor on it w/CR85 reverse fork kit up front (its setup for supermoto and dirt)... awesome bike but i never got enough time riding it before i moved; over here i've been riding a drz400s w/supermoto conversion that i just added some dirt tires to since there's more off road than road worth riding on...

but...whenever i'm back, i'll lookout in the forum haha
wow that sounds like quite the conversion!! im sure youll be ready to move up to a full size bike pretty soon. thats so sick your riding around on a dual sport in hawaii. im soooooo jealous. why is it not as good as it sounds?

well ya when you get back hit me up and well go hit some trails
Old 03-10-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
Hey I just moved to Placerville and I ride the gnarly stuff too!

I grew up riding Hollister and Metcalf my whole life. Unfortunately never ridden Clear Creek. I've never ridden in the Sierras yet either. :O Sad I know.

Heres my parents backyard on my KTM XC 300:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8M44pzXtk
where did you move from? i just moved to sac from hollister 2 years ago lol so ya i know hollister hills a little to well. after a few years of riding there its not what to ride today, but what little new trails can i find lol. did you ever do any of the hair scrambles?? i need to find out when the nationals are and we should go race!! dude you neeeeeeed to hit up some of places up in the hills. EPIC riding man. depending on where it is i know a few of the spots alright. and i bring my hand held gps just in case i get lost.

sick video though! you should do that endurocross stuff lol.

but ya dude if you have a truck and want to go riding let me know!!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:02 PM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
go on south bay riders. tons of dirtbikers on there
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 PM

alright ill check it out! went to the ktm dealership today... i was drooling pretty bad. rc-8 is the sexiest bike ever created

Quick Reply: Any dirt bikers in huur that want to go riding??