2010 impreza help please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 09:15 PM

Car Info: 98 subaru impreza
2010 impreza help please!!!!!!

My brother recently bought a 2010 impreza. just a regular impreza. last month we went to LA and i drove his car and every time i'd go to shift the rpm would stick for a second or 2 before dropping. my buddy's 02 wrx did that as well and we found it was the IACV. later, once we got to LA and got off the freeway, i was sitting at the stop light and the idle was horrible the whole car was shaking really bad and i asked him how long it has been happening and he said it was kinda recent but mainly only does when its cold....but he lives in reno and works in tahoe so at least in tahoe it never really gets too warm so thats a major concern of mine. so since it was under warranty i told him to take it in and have them take a look. so he finally did but he only got as far as telling them the RPM were sticking and the mechanic starting ignoring my brother after that, and my brother never told him about the idle, so he just got pissed and left. but the mechanic told my brother the RPM sticking is normal, its supposed to do that. so my brother asked if he'd at least take a look at the car to make sure everything is all good and the mechanic said no they wont unless there's something actually wrong with the car.

with that background. is anybody else with a newer impreza having these same issues? this just does not sound right to me and it kinda pisses me off the mechanic wouldnt even look at the car considering its still under warranty. any help would be great.

THANK YOU!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 PM

Car Info: 2003 Toyota Matrix
so wait what? they won't look at the car until they know whats wrong with it?

how are they going to find out what is wrong with the car if they don't look at it. That mech needs to be fired for the ****ty customer service.

go find another dealer please...
Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 09 impreza 2.5i swp
seriously, just go find someone else to take a look at it. the rpm holding problem is actually normal. i read somewhere that subaru actually did this on purpose to the newer models to help with rev matching, which is stupid IMO and screwed me up a lot at first. dont know about your other problem though.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
read in a thread the other day that paul at dbtuned has a shop near roseville. give him a call. how bad is the idling?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:34 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
Yeah the rpm;s stay for a second on all the new models I'm pretty sure. It does it on mine and its not a problem for me. But the idle I would get checked out.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:44 PM

thanks everybody, i appreciate it. yeah i want to take it to paul cuz i trust him more than any other person out there, only problem is my brother lives in reno and between working full time and going to school its hard for him to get down. he is coming down thursday night but we're leaving for LA first thing friday morning. im trying to talk him in to paul friday morning but with the long drive i think he's gonna want to get out as soon as possible. we'll see. thats good to know about the rpm sticking. once my brother told me the mechanic said they're supposed to stick that was the first thing that popped in to my head was the match reving but i didnt want to fully believe it just cuz some mechanics out there are lazy as **** and dont want to do anything so i didnt know if he was just saying it or not. but it does make sense to me. but like you "krothery" i agree im not a big fan of it.

SJwrx08 - the idle is bad. i have a 98 impreza with over 190k miles on it and it idles smother than it. it's almost like its misfiring. the who car rocks at idle
Old 01-24-2011, 01:00 AM

Car Info: 2003 Toyota Matrix
btw what dealer did you go to? crappy autowest subaru?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by lunarcrusader
no it was lithia in reno.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Car Info: 99 impreza 2.5rs
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lunarcrusader

Wow.....

glad you drive a toyota