"Turbo Blue" ;)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 06:44 AM

Car Info: white/gold sti
Cool "Turbo Blue" ;)

Hey all rocky mountaineers I have a question for you. I have been hearing lots about a "turbo blue" fuel from a certain shell station in or around denver CO. This fuel is a supposed 120 octane and gets the name turbo blue from its blu-ish hue as opposed to the normal green-purpleish hue in normal gas. If anyone has any info about finding this shell station which I believe has this 120 octane I would appreciate directions also if you know of any gas stations around here that have anything above 91 oct. with out using those funky STP "octane enhancers" that would be great as well!
PEACE.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:02 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Supposedly the Texaco, now Shell, in Green Mountiain has 93 and 100 leaded.

You can also pick up racing fuel from Bandimere Speedway, the drag strip, on race days.

Bandi is your best source, it is by C-470 and Morrison RD.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:55 PM

Cool

yea i know bandi, thanks bro for the tip on green mountain. about how far from denver?
also here's another one for ya, there is a 102 oct. at (sp?) dougin's ? off of santa fe up north of the city, that obviously is a better, tunable octane to use everyday as opposed to turbo blue or a race fuel that should be only for race day. so if i were to step up to 102 oct. and get tuned to it which my set up could totally handle (and would love ) it's still just a hare under 5 bones a gallon! if you have any info on precise location and name of this place off of santa fe plz lemme know, peace.
also you mention those green valley gas stations selling leaded fuels, but with this 102 oct. is it unleaded hopefully? please?!!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Originally Posted by dubRexer
yea i know bandi, thanks bro for the tip on green mountain. about how far from denver?
also here's another one for ya, there is a 102 oct. at (sp?) dougin's ? off of santa fe up north of the city, that obviously is a better, tunable octane to use everyday as opposed to turbo blue or a race fuel that should be only for race day. so if i were to step up to 102 oct. and get tuned to it which my set up could totally handle (and would love ) it's still just a hare under 5 bones a gallon! if you have any info on precise location and name of this place off of santa fe plz lemme know, peace.
also you mention those green valley gas stations selling leaded fuels, but with this 102 oct. is it unleaded hopefully? please?!!
UNfortunately, I have never heard of the Sana Fe one. Santa is a big road.

GM one is off of Alameda and Jewell, almost to Union. Hard to miss.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:55 AM

Okay just so I can clarify for myself as well as anyone else in the denver area that is interested in obtaining the best gas possible...
Dougin's on 4435 S. Santa Fe and Sheridan they got 93 to 98, 100 as well as 102 if I am not mistaken! now with tarmac w/ dynamax & ecutek you could have one sick set up (if you don't mind paying upwards 4+ dollars a gallon).
peace!