Pulley kits, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 11:22 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Pulley kits, any suggestions?

I am looking at getting a pulley kit, or lightweight crank pulley for my 2.5RS. I have looked at Perrin's lightweight pulley, and GFBs pulley set. Also, flat4engineering.com has a set, but not sure. Does anybody have any suggestions?
I want a kit that gives more response from my engine, without making it so the accessories (radio, headlights,etc.) suffer poor effects at idle speed. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2003, 06:04 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx
I had an Unorthodox pulley on a 2000 2.5 RS and it worked very well.Noticeable upgrade.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 2.5RS pacifica blue with black Tarmacs
I was thinking of going with a lighter pulley too, but not underdriven. I've heard most of the power gained is from mass reduction anyway and since the belts on underdrives are not standard sizes they'd be a little harder to get when it comes time to replace them.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:02 PM

I didn't think that pulleys would destroy the engine, since a lightweight pulley simply makes your car run more efficiently. What exactly is necessary, regarding the sound dampening? Can someone please explain me this concept-I've never heard of it
Thanks again
Old 08-07-2003, 10:58 AM

Right on guys,
Just got my perrin pulley installed today, and it does accelerate smoother and a bit quicker now-its even more noticeable with the A/C on, the car doesn't feel bogged down by it. This is definitely a mod I recommend. No CEL either!

Quick Reply: Pulley kits, any suggestions?