I got a new car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 05:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX Wagon
I got a new car!!!

So I just picked up my new 05 Crystal Gray WRX WAGON! Given that the wife and I are going to have our first child soon, I figured it was a good idea to get the wagon. Well, that and I was having problems with my 02 that never seemed to go away. I picked it up last night with 8 miles on the clock. The color is badass. I had only seen it in pictures, but I must say that the pics I've seen do it no justice at all. Well, I just thought I'd come in here and celebrate.

I'll definitely be needing to hook up an installfest soon so I can do some minor cosmetic things (clear headlights and remove SUBARU badge) and install my sub. Let me know whose down and when. Oh, and I also have my Helix u/p and Bosal d/p from my last car that were never installed. Once again, I want to wait until my warranty expires before I start doing serious mods to the engine. So I might be getting rid of these two pieces in the meantime.

No pics yet. I'll take some this weekend and post them.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
damn, nice work jake. I didnt' know you were having problems with you 02. I definitely enjoy the gray color. Very badass.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Welcome to the CGM club! Hope you like it. The color is totally wesome!
Old 12-31-2004, 01:24 PM

Car Info: '05 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
Welcome to the '05 Wagon Club! I have yet to see a crystal grey. I already have a rattle noise in the rear (from hatch or strut? or maybe even something loose in the taillights?) that I need diagnosed on Monday before I start modding. I need to do some minor mods to mine too. Rear sway bar, DRL, fog w/ hi-beam, no-A/C w/defrost. Looks like I'll have some time next Wed through Mon. Keep us posted if you decide on a day.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Congratulations on the new car!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:25 AM
VIP Member

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying the wagon. This weekend I was able to move a bunch of boxes, 2 vacums, and an ironing board in one trip. Try that in your sedan with that tiny little pass-through!

Kevin - I was still having problems with the CEL for a "loose gas cap" on my 02 that would never go away. I just wanted to get rid of it while it still had a reasonable value.

Pyro - I'm loving the CGM. I've never seen a color like it on any other car. I'm trying to explain it to my brother and it's almost impossible. Pictures don't look anything like it does in person.

Roger - I've noticed a rattle in the rear of mine too. Mine was coming from the thing that you can pull over the cargo area to hide it. I took it out and the rattle went away.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:23 PM

A week or so ago, I moved the jack tool packet from the back to behind the passenger seat to make sure that wasn't the noise. A day or so ago, I actually thought of taking out the cargo cover to make sure that wasn't the noise, but never got around to it.

The mechanic at John Elway tightened up all the bolts in the rear including the hatch, struts, exhaust clamps, and rear link as well as front strut bolts. He took me on a test drive afterwards to make sure the noise was gone. No more noise. Much better service than local Sh!tline and worth the drive all the way down to Arapahoe Rd. On my '02, I had rattling noises from the front struts on low speed tight turns (like when you are circling around parking islands for a space). When I brought it to Sh!tline the 1st time for the noise from the front right strut, they replaced it, but only after initially claiming not to hear any noise, and me having to drive it with the service manager to hear it, at which point the noise was immediate and obvious before I even pulled all the way down and out of their service bay! About 400 miles later, when a similar noise appeared from the front left strut, they again claimed not to hear it, and after returning twice to try to get them to fix it, they said "Subaru doesn't warranty noises", and I could speak to the national Subaru rep when he would be in town in a couple of weeks. They never called me when he showed up. Even the Elway mechanic that fixed my problem said he previously worked at Sh!tline for a year and the owner was an *******. Morale is, avoid Sh!tline if possible.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:00 AM
VIP Member

Agreed. I was having problems with my 02 and brought it to Shortline because it was the closest to my house. Long story short, they didn't ever even attempt to fix the problem and I had to go to Elway to get it solved. Bottom line: Don't go to Shortline for ANYTHING. I've had great experiences with Elway and will be bringing my 05 to them for everything, even though it's further away.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:00 PM
VIP Member

Someone just posted pics of their 05 CGM wagon. It looks exactly like mine. I figured these pics were as good as any to show it off (considering it's still stock).

https://www.i-club.com/forums/ongoing-projects-31/my-crystal-gray-wagon-84911/
Old 01-04-2005, 11:32 PM

Can't tell the difference between CGM and PSM in those pics. Guess I'll have to wait until I see it in person.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:04 AM
VIP Member

In pictures it does look a whole lot like the CGM. In person it's completely different, though.