Hello Utah Folk

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX and 99 WRB RS
Smile Hello Utah Folk

Hi guys, I'm moving out to Ogden in April and wanted to know if there are any strict vehicle/traffic laws that I should be aware of (read: don't want to get pulled over for something petty, or at least want to know if I will be).
Old 12-12-2004, 08:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Lachlan
Hi guys, I'm moving out to Ogden in April and wanted to know if there are any strict vehicle/traffic laws that I should be aware of (read: don't want to get pulled over for something petty, or at least want to know if I will be).
Welcome to Utah! It's not nearly as bad as people say it is.

The only advice I have is to be careful with your speed. I am a speed demon. I love to drive fast. So if you need to drive fast learn where to do it.

I have gotten three speeding tickets since I've gotten my WRX in 10 months. Admittedly, I was speeding every time. But one was for only 5 over. In Utah, they seem to set up a lot of speed traps. So, just try to notice patterns on your way to work or often traveled routes. I figured out that I moved right into the middle of a speed trap, so I always have a cop sitting w/in a mile of my home.

Also, we have a front bumper license plate law. So if you're not going to put yours on, be ready for the consequences. They are $25 or $35, I don't remember. I got one once when I got a parking ticket. I've heard that it has to be a secondary offense, but I don't know if that's true or not. When I got mine, I told them I'd put it on and they took the fine away. BTW, I've only had one ticket for this offense in the 10 years I've been driving without a front bumper license plate. I think that if it matters to you, don't put it on.

Hope that helps. Welcome, and keep in touch, we'll have to hang sometime.

Neil
Old 12-12-2004, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
We have a front plate law here too, but I don't need one....hehehehe.

BTW, nice avatar njc200.