Denver-based Audio Install [Help Request]

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon
Denver-based Audio Install [Help Request]

Hello!

I am trying to fix the audio in my 2003 WRX Wagon and am at a loss for how to proceed. I recently blew out my driver side speaker and went through CarToys to have them replace all 4. Since both front and back speakers needed mounting brackets and to be spliced, I did not feel comfortable performing this myself.

Well, long story short, upgrading my speakers through them did more harm than good as they short out my amp during installation, as well as breaking the door level in the passenger door and the window instrument panel on the driver side door. They fixed the other two issues, but now I need to replace both my Amp and rewire my car. Cartoys tried to claim that whomever installed the HU before I bought the car did not ground it --> causing the short, but I've had the car for close to 4 years and have not had a single issue with sound until this last month so I'm not so sure that is true. I had Quality Auto Sound look at it and they confirmed that I need a new amp and probably a rewire as the amp was originally hooked up with 8g.

Through all of this, I now do not trust CarToys to do a professional job and Quality wants to charge me close to $1000.

I am looking for anyone out there who is experienced with running new wire and is willing to help install the amp and rewire the WREX while teaching me so I can pass the help along and/or troubleshoot any issues that arise down the road.