What class to run in auto-x?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 PM

Car Info: MY02 Wrx Wagon
What class to run in auto-x?

Hey, I have an '02 WRX wagon and as the auto-x season is about to start, I want to get suggestions on what class to run in. I ran D-stock last season but was getting smoked in my class as you can run a racing compound in that class. Is there a street tire stock class? Also, if I put an 02 wrx sedan rear sway bar on will that bump me out of a stock class? I don't mind putting aftermarket sways on or smaller suspension mods, but that would probably put me in STX and I might get smoked there too. Just want some advice from others who race auto-x.

I'm a little new to this, so thanks for the help in advance.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Auto-X to have fun and to improve. You won't be competitive for awhile anyways. I've done like 8 events, and I still not too sure what I am doing, so, hop on board to STX and keep me company.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
It seems like your gonna get smoked either way.

It will be difficult to be competative in Stock catagory without decent racing compound tires and it will be difficult in STX without fully upgraded suspension (springs & shocks or coilovers)

Why not just come down to the next autoX (Golden Gate Fields in Berkeley) on 3/9, run your car and enjoy the driving?

Theres a decent size group of i-clubbers running most weekends so come over and introduce yourself (I'm UKSCOOB)
Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by glenspen
It seems like your gonna get smoked either way.

It will be difficult to be competative in Stock catagory without decent racing compound tires and it will be difficult in STX without fully upgraded suspension (springs & shocks or coilovers)

Why not just come down to the next autoX (Golden Gate Fields in Berkeley) on 3/9, run your car and enjoy the driving?

Theres a decent size group of i-clubbers running most weekends so come over and introduce yourself (I'm UKSCOOB)
UKSCOOB is his license plate.

Mine is HADOUKN.

Yeah, just come out and have fun. Besides, you should cater your mods to what you need. Hard to really figure out what that is unless you try to take your car to the limit. Well... not the car's limit, more like your limit.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:14 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
you can run the T1 class which is stock class on street tires. So you would be T1-DS. Yup a rear swaybar will bump you to STX. You can change the front swaybar in stock class though
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 PM

Car Info: MY02 Wrx Wagon
Thanks for the update everyone. I think I'm just going to go and have fun and do mods as the budget permits. The T1 class is a good suggestion though. I live in Sac, so I've been going to the Stockton fairgrounds for the Sac chapter, but hopefully I'll see some of you there.