SpeedTrialUSA track day @ GingerMan October 11

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 08:00 PM

SpeedTrialUSA track day @ GingerMan October 11

Hello everybody,

SpeedTrialUSA has an instructional road racing school for enthusiasts of all driving levels, with all makes of car coming up Saturday, October 11, at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, MI. Since our events are aimed at all levels of drivers and cars, there is something for everybody. Here is your chance to take your driving skills and your car to the limit while learning the basics of auto racing in a safe, controlled environment.

This event is $130 for the day which includes intstruction for all levels of driver and also your tech inspection. We will be running our groups in 20 minute sessions, so you will have a ton of track time! Arrive at the track at 7:30am, Drivers meeting at 8:30 am, first session begins at 9am.

To register online, or for more information, please check out our site; www.speedtrialusa.com.

I hope to see some of you there.

Race-on,
Brian.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:40 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon
What are the dimensions of the track? It looks flat but that is all that I can tell. Does one need an SCCA license; safety equipment, etc.?
Old 09-29-2003, 06:07 PM

Originally posted by nypatrick
What are the dimensions of the track? It looks flat but that is all that I can tell. Does one need an SCCA license; safety equipment, etc.?

The track is relatively flat versus VIR or Laguna Seca, but it has enough elevation changes to throw a couple of blind turns your way. It may not look it, but GingerMan is a pretty technical track.

SpeedTrialUSA is an instructional driving school designed of drivers of all skill levels, with all different makes and models of cars, for all ages. We offer classroom instruction, ride-along instruction and tech inspection for the $130 registration.

We require you to wear a helmet that is SA-95 rated or better and for your car to pass tech inspection. Other than that, no safety equipment is required (unless you have a convertable!).

I do recommend getting more agressive brake pads, higher temp brake fluid, and possibly stainless steel brake lines.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Race-on,
Brian.