Perrin rear sway settings?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:38 AM

Question Perrin rear sway settings?

I've been autocrossing with my rear Perrin sway bar in the middle position in combination with the stock front bar on my '02 WRX. I would like to know if anybody out there is also racing with an adjustable bar on full stiff with street tires. If yes, what are your handling impressions? Under,over or more neutral handling? Also do you feel if you've given up real rear traction with the bar on full stiff?

I'm also running 17" OZ's Superleggera with Michelin PS2, H&R sport springs with the stock struts for the rest of my handling mods. Like probably everybody else out there I'm looking to tame some of the understeer without always having to trail brake to get the thing to rotate through the cones.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 03:14 PM

('02 wrx) i have the perrin front and rear sway bars. i have the front on soft and the back on hard. i would bring my car to the track for speed trial usa events and i had the back on the middle setting but had trouble getting the car to rotate so i put it on the stiffer setting and love it. i have the stock re92 tires. i would recomend putting it on the stiffer setting if you feel that your not getting enough oversteer when auto-x-ing.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:21 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to have to give it a shot. I don't mind some high speed understeer just to keep things in check but puuuussshing under accerlation after the apex sucks.