Rife Plazapalooza Hollywood, Pron Valley and now Rife Plaza... SoCal's best...

theheckwithyou (Lawsome) needs a battle plan

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx
theheckwithyou (Lawsome) needs a battle plan

Okay guys upon inspiring words from LP, i decided to be a little more bold and thanks to my aunt who help as my wingman. Okay here is pretty much the gutt of it.
I met some girl who works at the mall, got her number. Now i need a plan, i trust you guys can help me out I already know that my time frame to call her is on the 3rd day. and then what? i'm kinda not sure how to approach this.

here are some background info
shes from nor-cal, moved to LA for school. hasn't seen much of LA or Socal.

any words of wisdom/comments/recommendations are appreciated
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Car Info: oh seben lay-gah-C
just talk to her see what she likes to do for fun when she was in nor cal, maybe take her out this weekend and then ask her what she's doing for vday
Old 02-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx
yea i would totally like to do that but we are running that rally event on sat which i'm not sure when it will end
Old 02-05-2007, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
yea i would totally like to do that but we are running that rally event on sat which i'm not sure when it will end
don't think it'll end to late, what about friday night or sunday? or ditch your co pilot and take her lol
Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 PM

well if you can't spend the weekend with her, just get to her know and be like "so do you have any plans on vday? no, i would like to take you out.." blah blah blah...
Old 02-05-2007, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
the 3rd day rule is stupid. just call her if you want to talk to her... and get to know what she's into so you can plan your outings accordingly.

take her to eat at some deeeelicious places you can't find in norcal. start with a casual outing so there's not too much pressure to impress. shinsengumi, kappo honda, tsuruhashi (unless she's vegetarian), ....oh wait.. those are the places i want to go.

santa monica promenade or huntington beach may be places to go? places where you can walk around and be entertained by your surroundings. it may also help fill awkward silences. :X

i'm done rambling now. good luck!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Originally Posted by shim022
the 3rd day rule is stupid. just call her if you want to talk to her... and get to know what she's into so you can plan your outings accordingly.

take her to eat at some deeeelicious places you can't find in norcal. start with a casual outing so there's not too much pressure to impress. shinsengumi, kappo honda, tsuruhashi (unless she's vegetarian), ....oh wait.. those are the places i want to go.

santa monica promenade or huntington beach may be places to go? places where you can walk around and be entertained by your surroundings. it may also help fill awkward silences. :X

so, are those the places to go if a guy wants to date you?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:38 PM

time to jot this down for the day when seri comes to visit
Old 02-05-2007, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
Originally Posted by shim022

And don't forget the gelato!

and Pay for the gelato
Old 02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
oh snaps!!! someone gonna get pepper sprayed!!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by hey1
so, are those the places to go if a guy wants to date you?
hahaha not necessarily. i haven't been on too many dates so i'm no expert. i just don't like those full out romantic dinners. i wouldn't know what to wear to those anyway. oh, and if you're going to ask the girl out, pay for her dinner. if she asks, then you can have her pay or split.

but the food better be good if the guy wants me to keep talking to him. >:l

dessert is always a good after dinner thing to do. angelato in santa monica is good.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AKA Sigma Pi (Co-Driver)
there is a place in Santa Monica called Mario's Gelateria real deal itallian dude best gelato on that side of town.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
Okay guys upon inspiring words from LP, i decided to be a little more bold and thanks to my aunt who help as my wingman. Okay here is pretty much the gutt of it.
I met some girl who works at the mall, got her number. Now i need a plan, i trust you guys can help me out I already know that my time frame to call her is on the 3rd day. and then what? i'm kinda not sure how to approach this.

here are some background info
shes from nor-cal, moved to LA for school. hasn't seen much of LA or Socal.

any words of wisdom/comments/recommendations are appreciated
3rd day rule is BS, if you wanna go hang out, go hang out. Just one phone call, not 20.

Make it seem casual but you have something lined up. Since she's from Norcal, I'll make some generalizations.

If she's suburb type, then take her to simple places like around Rosemead shinsengumi or curry house in Rowland. Take her to Life Plaza take sticker pics.

If she's a city girl, off to LA you go PINKS! Walk melrose.

But the bottom line is make it seem casual. Just like friends hanging out. If you can do this with some friends, intimacy = awkward. If you have a good balance of people with you it makes it a lot funner.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sigma Pi (Nav)
there is a place in Santa Monica called Mario's Gelateria real deal itallian dude best gelato on that side of town.
it's a date!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
Originally Posted by c279a
oh snaps!!! someone gonna get pepper sprayed!!!!

hey hey, i only brought that up cause seri shows ZERO love anymore with her pepper spray....

Oh how I long for the days of the hot peppery, watery eyes ....

OK ok, so lawsome... You need to take this girl out for a first date.. Then, on a second date. Bring her out with us (don't worry, no leg humping.. remember, respect) . Seri is right about the casual thing on the first date, which goes back to what I said about making it not so "in your face" kind of a situation. I know Norcal has D&B, but thats always a good place for a casual place. You can do bowling, Just recently went to the bowling ally next to D&B at the block. Lemme tell ya, NICE bowling ally.. Imagine Yard house with lanes.. Speaking of Yard house, you can take her to irvine spectrum, which is casual too. Not much in the entertainment dept there, but good eats.

Quick Reply: theheckwithyou (Lawsome) needs a battle plan