Rife Plazapalooza Hollywood, Pron Valley and now Rife Plaza... SoCal's best...

Going to Japan any suggestion on place to visit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by hey1
John told me you visited an onsen with monkeys. where is that at?

here..
http://www.asianmystique.com/
Originally Posted by shim022
i did? i've been to onsens that have the outdoor baths. but no monkeys. it's awesome when it's snowing outside and you're in a big hot bath.
eduardo MOLE-ina mentioned monkeys... maybe he's getting old
Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
is that outside of the akihabara station? the maid cafe people were passing out flyers when i went.

btw, for those of you not going to japan, there's a maid cafe that opened in san jose.
http://www.nichibeitimes.com/article...t_from=&ucat=3
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dail...se-maids-.html
made cafe for art shows in culver city
http://www.royal-t.org/
Old 12-27-2007, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
ooh interesting... so is that permanent? or just a temporary art show kind of thing?
Old 12-27-2007, 04:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Wagon
This place will probably mess up the fun by hiring non-japanese maids. No crazy game + non-japanese maid =
Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kenshin01
This place will probably mess up the fun by hiring non-japanese maids. No crazy game + non-japanese maid =
you know what though? most likely they probably won't have the same game the maid cafes have over in Japan. I mean, games I saw involves getting slapped across the face, literally (at cos cha). If they have that here, people will sue left and right.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

ooh interesting... so is that permanent? or just a temporary art show kind of thing?
to answer your question. i'm not too sure. i would assume that it's both.. both as in the venue is open to the public whenever they have an art show.. and i'm guessing that these maids will come out for those events. However, temporary because each exhibit doesn't last forever, as they all have a limited period of gallery exhibition.. if you know what i mean... but i might go check it out and give you a better answer... i live fairly close to it..
Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

you know what though? most likely they probably won't have the same game the maid cafes have over in Japan. I mean, games I saw involves getting slapped across the face, literally (at cos cha). If they have that here, people will sue left and right.
whaaat?! only stupid *** losers would get pleasure from hitting a girl.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Wink

whaaat?! only stupid *** losers would get pleasure from hitting a girl.
no no no..
These geeky guys at akihabara would play this drinking game with the waitresses.. usually they're not allow to take photos with them.. one of the game is.. if you beat the waitress to finish a big beer before she finishes her small glass of wine, you get to take pictures with her.. (cameras not allowed in there)... however, if you lose.. the waitress will drag you into the middle of the classroom (classroom setting), announce to everyone who are dining in there that you've lost the match and literally slap you (the customers.. usually .. the geeky guys from Akihabara) across the face.. It's actually really funny to watch..

There is another game where you win a chance to take pictures with the maid or get slapped by maid by having to finish this nasty mix drink.. ingredient includes.. raw egg, milk, juice, nato and a bunch of crap you get to choose to mix in.. the result of this drink is just plain nasty.

There are most "games" with different "prizes". Don't worry.. no one gets to harm the lovely maids..
Old 12-28-2007, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
no no no..
These geeky guys at akihabara would play this drinking game with the waitresses.. usually they're not allow to take photos with them.. one of the game is.. if you beat the waitress to finish a big beer before she finishes her small glass of wine, you get to take pictures with her.. (cameras not allowed in there)... however, if you lose.. the waitress will drag you into the middle of the classroom (classroom setting), announce to everyone who are dining in there that you've lost the match and literally slap you (the customers.. usually .. the geeky guys from Akihabara) across the face.. It's actually really funny to watch..

There is another game where you win a chance to take pictures with the maid or get slapped by maid by having to finish this nasty mix drink.. ingredient includes.. raw egg, milk, juice, nato and a bunch of crap you get to choose to mix in.. the result of this drink is just plain nasty.

There are most "games" with different "prizes". Don't worry.. no one gets to harm the lovely maids..

what game did you play to get a picture with the maid?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by c279a
what game did you play to get a picture with the maid?
I actually didn't play the games there.. my friend downed the nasty drink though and he finished...
Old 12-28-2007, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

no no no..

oh ok. neevermind then.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:37 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
oh ok. neevermind then.
i ought to slap you for that
Old 12-28-2007, 03:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sigma pi
i ought to slap you for that
you'll have to come to norcal first
Old 12-28-2007, 03:27 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
i thought you were comming down to visit?!?!??!?!?!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 03:29 PM
VIP Member

not if you're going to slap me.

Quick Reply: Going to Japan any suggestion on place to visit?