WRC: what's up in The World Rally Championship 2004

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
The first pic looks legit. - the last ones look like a fan photoshop... But then again - it's too easy to call "Photochop!" nowadays. Either way - it's a striking form! Angular and purposeful like the 2003 Focus WRC. I like it. Thanks for posting the pics!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:52 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
the first pic is definitely legit, it's on the front page of WRC.com (or was not too long ago). i don't think that anyone would really go to the trouble of photoshopping Panizzi in the car.

as for the second one, i'm not sure. it could go either way. the headlights don't match up with the lights in the Panizzi photo, but the wheel arches, roof scoop and several other details match up pretty well. if it's a photochop, it is pretty damn close to the real deal.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:42 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX WRB
All the pics are legit. They're on the Mitsubishi website. The paint scheme looks exactly like the paint from the KIA SCCA Evo.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Pr0n King

Bone's right:
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/mot...wrc/index.html
Old 11-30-2003, 08:59 PM

good news, it looks like Ford is in it to win it!

http://www.wrc.com/en_GB/News/2003/0...ysinseries.htm

Ford has squashed rumors that they're pulling out of the 2004 championship, so hopefully we'll see some more good racing next year.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:51 AM

Location: Mantana, where the men are men and so are the women
Car Info: '03 red legacy
and martin statys in the championship! imo, mitsu racing all year balances the loss of skoda. it'd be nice if both were in all the way but oh well....
Old 12-04-2003, 09:04 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX WRB
According to www.worldrallynews.com Colin McRae met with SWRT recently. Plus, with the new manufacturers points rules, Subaru may have a chance at both driver and manufacturer titles.
:banana:
Old 12-04-2003, 11:07 AM

here is the story from WRC.com

The identity of Petter Solberg’s 2004 Subaru team mate should become apparent soon, following the news that Colin McRae – most people’s favourite for the drive – visited the team’s headquarters earlier this week for discussions.

Although both parties have yet to confirm that a deal for the 1995 World Champion to replace Richard Burns is in place, speculation is rife that a preliminary agreement has been tabled.

Subaru team boss David Lapworth has refused to discuss details of drivers or budgets.

“The meetings in Japan last week were very positive and we’re looking to be in a position to make a full assault on the championship next year,” is all he would divulge.

The team is believed to be increasing its budget for 2004 in the knowledge that a change in the points-scoring rules will improve its chances of regaining the manufacturers’ world championship.

McRae is being equally tight-lipped. "Obviously there's an interest, but we haven't discussed anything in detail," he said.

If the deal does come about it would mark a return to the Japanese marque for 35-year old McRae. He drove for the team between 1991 and 1998, winning the 1995 world title.

He had looked to be out of a drive in the WRC after losing his seat with Citroen due to regulation changes. With Richard Burns' illness forcing the Englishman to miss the 2004 season, McRae seemed to be a logical choice for Subaru.

World Champion Petter Solberg has already said that he would enjoy working with McRae again. They were briefly team mates at Ford in 1999 and 2000.

"It's not something I would object to," he said. "I actually think it would be positive.”

© Copyright wrc.com
there could be quite a few smashed up imprezas this coming year.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Pr0n King

Go big, or go home Colin gets my vote!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:19 PM

it would certainly put Subaru in a position to challenge the French teams for both the manufacturer's and driver's championship. if Colin can keep it rubber side down, they could really tally up the points and make a real run at Citroen and Peugot.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
So we've got Subaru, Pugeot, Citroen, Ford, and Mitsubishi in the show for next year. Is Skoda for sure out? What about Hyundai? Is there any truth to the rumours of a Yugo WRC car?

Inquiring crackheads want to know!
Old 12-05-2003, 11:59 AM

okay, here is the rundown on teams and drivers as far as i know:

Subaru:
Solberg/TBA

Citroen:
Sainz/Loeb

Peugot:
Gronholm/Loix

Mitsubishi:
Panizzi/three unknowns sharing the car

Ford:
Martin/Duval +the usual assortment of "privateers"

Skoda
will run only the european rounds this year due to budget constraints.

Hyundai
out until 2005/2006

if anyone has additions or corrections, i'm open to them.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
wow not turn on the computer for a few weeks and so much drama. Nice to see that dropkick_muppet(Don) and platypus are doing was and reading the wrc.com new every day. Hell i just let them do the reading for me and give me the short addition.

Glad to hear Ford is staying in the race. That would have sucked big time. And to not have F. Duval without a ride. Man that kid is so tallented.

The new EVO looks great. Strange placement on the rear wig, instead of all the wy back. But can't wait to see it run.

rich
Old 12-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Pr0n King

WILL MCRAE RETURN? 05-Dec-2003

Colin McRae's future in the world rally championship will be resolved today, but with negotiations finely poised last night the Scottish driver cast doubt on his chances of rejoining Subaru.
"I've nothing to say at the moment. It's not looking very good," the 35-year-old said.

McRae was forced into considering alternative forms of motorsport when he was dropped by Citroën in September this year. He agreed to drive for Nissan in the Dakar Rally next month, only to find that he had at least a chance of continuing his world championship career when Richard Burns developed a brain tumour, leaving a vacancy at Subaru while the English driver undergoes radiotherapy.

Given his past record, McRae has been considered the obvi ous choice for Subaru, the team with whom he became world champion in 1995 and scored the bulk of his wins.

He visited the team's headquarters in Banbury on Wednesday as soon as he returned from testing for Nissan in South Africa and is reliably reported to have tested a Subaru since then.
http://www.rallysport.com/

Old 12-07-2003, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
to tell ya the truth i still kinda like him. Hell i still respect him. Even if you call him Colin McRash

Quick Reply: WRC: what's up in The World Rally Championship 2004