ThunderCross!!! Event Info!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:03 AM

Car Info: 240SX 1991
ThunderCross!!! Event Info!

What you'll need:
- Licensed Drivers 16 years or older can attend (under 18 requires a minors release form)
- Vehicle which passes tech inspection
- Snell 95 or newer helmet (rental helmets available for $30 each)
- Closed Toe Shoes, A Shirt (no tank tops)
- All convertibles must be equipped with a "roll bar" that is above the drivers and passengers head, and Vehicles with factory rollover systems ARE allowed. SPECIAL NOTE: All open-top car drivers MUST wear eye protection (I reccomend dirtbiking goggles) as dust/dirt will FILL your car
- $40 entry fee + $30 membership (one membership fee due per points series)

Insurance:
Damage of any kind to your car is not covered by any insurance here at the track.
It is between you and your insurance company.
Track Insurance is liability only, typical of racetrack and racing event insurance.

When you arrive:
1. Complete the registration process.
2. Complete the safety review of your car.
3. Secure your gear in your pit area.
4. Be at the 8:30 a.m. mandatory drivers meeting on time.

Important Information:
- The gas pumps will be open all day, You can serve yourself using credit or debit cards. Please do not run out of gas on the track! All profits derived from gas sales go to support the track.
- Rental helmets are available for $30.00 at the track.
- On most days, the Thunderhill Grill and Mini-Mart will be open to provide you with excellent food, sweet Thunderhill Merch, and drinks/ice-cream a-plenty.

Membership:
A once-per points-series membership fee of $30 will be required to compete in a ThunderCross series. The benefits of membership are:

- Eligibility to accumulate championship points (the winner will receive a really cool prize)
- Eligibility to receive a free event (those who participate in all the events will get the last one free)
- Subscription to the monthly newsletter with event updates, points standings, pictures, etc.

Non-Members:
Non members are welcome to participate, but are excluded from the benefits offered to members.

Championship Points:
Points will be awarded similarly to FRX, and pro-rally organizations. The top 6 finishers will receive points. 1st place will receive 10 points, 2nd will receive 8, 3rd will receive 6, and so on. The person who has accumulated the most points at the end of a points-series is the champion, and will be awarded cool prizes. Also, anyone entered in the championship who attends all the points events in said championship will receive the last event’s entry at no cost.

Workers:
Work assignments will work similarly to autocross. At the drivers meeting, a work-assignment sheet will be passed around. Empty spots will be filled in at the discretion of the event-chairman. Work assignments will include: Starter, timers, and course-workers.

Tentative Schedule of events:

7:00-8:30 TECH AND REGISTRATION OPEN

8:30-8:45 Mandatory drivers meeting

9:00-12:00 Run groups 1, 2, 3

12:00-1:00 Lunch

1:00-4:00 Run groups 4, 5, 6

4:00-5:00 Fun-runs (if time permits)

Car Classification:

Street Stock 2wd (SS2) & Street Stock 4wd (SS4):
These classes are for cars that have limited performance modifications, and are not using "rally" tires. Tires with non-circumferential sipes wider than .26" will not be allowed. SS2 will be for two-wheel drive cars and SS4 will be for four-wheel drive cars. Street Stock cars must be stock (or equivalent) with the following exceptions:
- The exhaust system does not need to be stock behind the catalytic converter.
- Replacement air filter elements are allowed.
- Computer chip upgrades are allowed.

Street Modified 2wd (SM2) & Street Modified 4wd (SM4):
These classes are for cars that have been modified beyond the limits detailed above and are not using "rally" tires. Tires with non-circumferential sipes wider than .26" will not be allowed. SM2 will be for two-wheel drive cars and SM4 will be for four-wheel drive cars.

Rally 2wd & Rally 4wd:
Cars running tires that do not qualify for the "Street" classes will be placed in either the Rally 2wd or Rally 4wd class.

Truck/SUV 2wd & Truck/SUV 4wd:
This class will be open to all trucks 2wd and 4wd with a maximum size of 1/2ton. Lifted vehicles are not allowed, and all other trucks are subject to the scrutiny of the event chairman.

ALL VEHICLES RACING MUST PASS SELF-TECH INSPECTION. TECH SHEET WILL BE CHECKED BY REGISTRAR FOR COMPLETION.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A SELF-TECH SHEET

If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact me at:

Geoff Pitts
530-559-2554
ConePirate@aol.com

1st EVENT IS SCHEDULED FOR 8/18/07!!! THUNDERHILL RACEWAY!!!

Last edited by ConePirate; 07-23-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Great, you picked the one day out of the whole year that there is a real-live CRS rally being run in the state of California (Gorman Ridge).

Sorry, I won't be able to make it.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:32 AM

oh man! really? I actually didn't know that. well I hope it doesn't kill participancy for this first event. Either way, I hope you can make it in the future... I'll be holding events every month.

-G
Old 07-26-2007, 01:49 PM

psoper, I looked on FRX, Rallyxportal and a few others... and I don't see this other event anywhere... the best I can tell, the next CRS/FRX event is going to be antioch 9/30... my event is on 8/18! link me up to the site for this gorman ridge event... I'd like to see it.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:37 PM

I'm not talking about Rallycross, lots of them happening all over the place and nearly all the time.

But there is only one stage rally left in the state (Desert Storms stages I believe are all across the border in Az);

http://www.rallyusa.com/Gorman/

I would suggest reviewing the CRS schedule

http://www.californiarallyseries.com...ule/index.aspx

and try to avoid conflicts with any of the disciplines, sadly there just aren't enough rally enthusiasts in the state to adequately support more than one event per weekend.

We also found back in the day that it helped to draw participants when we had our T-Hill rallycrosses run as CRS points events, you might want to consider that if things work out and this does become a longer term operation.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 PM

thanks for the info! I have checked it out, and I understand that it's a Stage rally and not a Rally-X, so frankly I'm not worried about it. There are LOTS of people who enjoy rally-x who simply aren't prepared for stage. As for the CRS events... I may be running some FRX points events next year, and possibly CRS, but definitely not all the time. My event, in theory, is based around more outright fun than serious racing. We will have a points championship, but it's not cutthroat racing I'm trying to promote here... its good clean fun (well... good dirty fun ). Hopefully we'll see you at the next one, and I certainly look forward to cooperating with CRS and FRX for maximum-awesomeness.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 PM

Sorry to have beat on you like that there cone pirate, I do really appreciate your enthusiasm and am glad to see rallycross returning to Thunderhill.

I've spent the last 10 years or so competing in and working/organizing road rally, rallycross and performance rallies from Mexico to Colorado to Alaska, and I have to say that I am often frustrated by the various factional infighting and political conflicts that seem to infect the sport- running from the competing sanctioning bodies at the national level (RA and NRS) all the way down to local SCCA/FRX hostilities that I really feel only hurt both sides and reflect poorly on the sport in general.

On top of that , we've got a northern california subaru community that with only a few exceptions seem to be interested in anything but rally, when I would expect that they should be one of the most enthusiastic groups supporting the sport.

So good luck to you, and I will try for sure to attend and support some of your events when I get a chance.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 PM

okay guys and gals... REGISTRATION IS OFFICIALLY OPEN! and I officially couldn't get the stupid website up yet... so we're doing it old-school.

A ) Email me at CONEPIRATE@AOL.COM with your full name, and what class you are entering.

B ) Call me at 530.559.2554 and tell me your full name, and what class you are entering.

If you have any questions about classification... talk to me about it. We'll figure it out.

you can pay in person at the track, entry fee will be $40.

SEE YOU THERE!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
I met you at Thunderhill last Friday (07 swp wrx). I might be able to make it out there, ill let you know.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Hey! yeah I remember meeting you... I was instructing the HoD event. Hope to see you out there!

Tell your friends! Tell your co-workers! Tell your parents!!!!!!!

SIGNUPS ARE OPEN!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:05 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
signed up!
Old 08-04-2007, 02:31 PM

^^ are you Martin? just checking...
Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 PM

Hey everyone... sign ups are open! Register now! Tell your friends!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Old 08-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Attention Rallyrino's!!!!!!!!

Work has begun on the course design for the upcoming ThunderCross event! and what a course it will be!

-We've got more room than the previous rally-x area, so laptimes should be up above 1 minute. I'm hoping for at least 1:30, but we won't know until we test the course.

-We've got great obstacles including but not limited to: Off-Camber turns, Banked turns, a full-360 turn, and an optional jump-line (for those of you who are in need of some air)

For those of you who are coming:

If you haven't been to the track, it's located at 5250 HWY162, Willows CA 95988. You can mapquest directions, or if you're familiar with northern california these should be enough:

Take I-5 north from sacramento for a little over an hour

Exit on HWY162 in Willows (be careful, there's a town called "Williams" ...thats not it!)

Make a left over the overpass and continue past the wal-mart west on 162 for 7 miles.

Turn right into ThunderHill Gates. Rally-X will be in the field directly to your left as you come in.

IMPORTANT! Remember while on public roads that you're representing Thunderhill. The speed limit on 162 is 55, and people have been known to get ticketed for going 60 (the CHP is hiding out there...) so no shennanigans! I like to think that by non-racers seeing obvious race-cars going at sane speeds on the street, it builds the image of racers as respectable members of society.

Be sure to have your tech sheet filled out!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A SELF-TECH SHEET

...and the driver's meeting is MANDATORY!

Tentative Schedule of events:

7:00-8:30 TECH AND REGISTRATION OPEN

8:30-8:45 Mandatory drivers meeting

9:00-12:00 Run groups 1, 2, 3

12:00-1:00 Lunch

1:00-4:00 Run groups 4, 5, 6

4:00-5:00 Fun-runs (if time permits)

The event is only a week away, and everyone at ThunderHill is excited to be hosting rally-x once again. If you haven't signed up yet, now's the time to do so. Tell your friends, co-workers, and family, it's time to come play in the dirt! Time is running out and there's LOTS of room left!

Contact me to register:

Geoff Pitts
530-559-2554
ConePirate@aol.com

Quick Reply: ThunderCross!!! Event Info!