Prodrive Boss David Richards declared Commander of the British Empire

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Prodrive Boss David Richards declared Commander of the British Empire

Congrats to David Richards for his recognition. Being a declared a CBE is similar modern day Knighthood and is awarded to outstanding British civillians. I don't know all the details (perhaps a native Brit would like to chime in), but I found a good link here discussing the different levels.

http://origin.wrc.com/News.aspx?PO_I...lse&lang=en_GB

David Richards, the rights-holder for the World Rally Championship and boss of the Prodrive company which runs Subaru's works World Rally team, has been declared a Commander of the British Empire in the New Year Honours list.

Richards - a former rally co-driver who has had an active involvement in almost every form of motorsport over the last two decades - was awarded the CBE for his services to the motorsport industry.

Subaru has won six World Rally Championship titles with Prodrive, while Prodrive-run teams have won five British Touring Car Championships, and the team has competed at Le Mans with great success, while Richards was instrumental in the BAR Formula 1 team's recent rise in fortunes.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:41 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
wow.. thats a great accomplishment