11-13 August Rallye Deutschland
18-20 August Rally Finland
1-3 September Rally Japan
22-24 September Cyprus Rally
13-15 October Rally of Turkey
27-29 October Rally Australia
10-12 November Rally of New Zealand
1-3 December Wales Rally GB

i'm sure alot of the teams will be pleased it ends again in the U.K.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Did you see the notes about the 2007 & 2008 seasons?

2007 will only be a half season. 8-9 events, and end in June. From there, the 2008 season will start in August of 2007 and run till May of 2008. Wierd switchup, but its so the season misses all the summer sports and motorsports. Next years calendar already takes a 2 month break from June till August for that very reason.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:40 PM

Car Info: WRBlue WRX modded!!!
yeah i read the whole thing on rally-live.com

totally wierd arrangement for the '07/'08 season.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Sigh... What's the pulse/health of the WRC? Seems like most auto manufacturers are falling on hard times and the big budget required to field a WRC team is too much. Am I just being Chicken Little here?

Let's get Toyota (who is flush with cash!) to abandon their F1 efforts and come back to the WRC fold.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX Sedan MBP/17X7.5 SSR Comps/225 Kumho MX
I've been watching WRC for only a couple of years , but IMHO participation in the sport needs to become less expensive to entice more manufacturers into the fray.

As much as I dislike the idea of outlawing selected technologies from racing, I'd get rid of the electronic transmissions and go back to manual clutches and gearboxes. The electronic transmissions are a huge percentage of the investment needed to produce a competetive car. I know that the rallies will be a lot slower without them and that F1 and other categories of racing rely on them.

The more a WRC car resembles the stock vesion of the car, the more the sport will appeal to the people who buy the cars. Sure, you can find something like them in big-ticket supercars but it's going to be a long, long time before these high tech trannies trickle down to the performance cars most of us can afford.

Honestly, wouldn't you rather watch an in-car video of a rally driver rowing through the gears, just like we do? I think that would introduce some excitment into the TV coverage, for sure.

Don't outlaw turbocharging. Keep AWD and 2.0L displacement. Just dump the bang boxes and I'll bet you'll see manufacturers like Toyota, Hyundai, Volvo, GM....who knows who else get into the game.

Last edited by yzercyber; 10-31-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:52 PM

I honestly couldn't care less about the tranny arrangements. I like the electronic transmissions since it really is the pinnacle of international rallying. They should have the least amount of restrictions to up the level of innovation among the teams. Let GM stick to their oval efforts and let the big boys play. I do wish Toyota would come back again. Audi would be cool too.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:36 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX Sedan MBP/17X7.5 SSR Comps/225 Kumho MX
In the real world of rallying, the technological restrictions mean as much as the innovations in defining the sport. If that were not the case and all restrictions in WRC cars were eliminated in say, 1992 none of us would even recognize the rally cars that would be running today. GM would whup A on Toyota so fast...
Old 11-03-2005, 09:43 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx
+1 on Audi and Toyota coming back , that way there would be more seats for the Drivers..
Old 11-03-2005, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

It would be great for them to come back, I agree, but it is unlikely.

Audi (besides the fact that VAG is already competing with Skoda and said they will never have two of their brands competing against each other), can't afford to lose their reputation if they re-entered. A big part of their marketing campaign is based on the fact that they were so dominat when the quattro first came out. If they couldn't come in and dominate again, they would lose face. Its a big gamble for someone who has been out of the game for so long. I find it very unlikely that they will ever return.

Toyota, too, has moved on and very unlikely to come back. They've said as long as they are in F1, they will not be in the WRC. Which is really a shame, but I guess they feel that F1 sells more cars for them then the WRC does.

What we really need are more small companies to join up. Hyundai is most likely coming back soon 07/08. Fiat has talked about making a entry either as themselves or re-entering the Lancia marque (most successful rally marque ever!). Renault has also considered entering also, maybe as Nissan, since they are already in F1.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx
F1 Sells more than WRC?? these guys are NUTS!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 AM

Car Info: Subaru
Originally Posted by yzercyber
GM would whup A on Toyota so fast...
You're kidding, right?

GM couldn't whup its *** from a hole in the ground.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:03 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by SubaruWRC
You're kidding, right?

GM couldn't whup its *** from a hole in the ground.
haha

they could bring a suburban

side note: i thought toyota was banned for life because of cheating
Old 11-26-2005, 04:05 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by nKoan
It would be great for them to come back, I agree, but it is unlikely.

Audi (besides the fact that VAG is already competing with Skoda and said they will never have two of their brands competing against each other), can't afford to lose their reputation if they re-entered. A big part of their marketing campaign is based on the fact that they were so dominat when the quattro first came out. If they couldn't come in and dominate again, they would lose face. Its a big gamble for someone who has been out of the game for so long. I find it very unlikely that they will ever return.

Toyota, too, has moved on and very unlikely to come back. They've said as long as they are in F1, they will not be in the WRC. Which is really a shame, but I guess they feel that F1 sells more cars for them then the WRC does.

What we really need are more small companies to join up. Hyundai is most likely coming back soon 07/08. Fiat has talked about making a entry either as themselves or re-entering the Lancia marque (most successful rally marque ever!). Renault has also considered entering also, maybe as Nissan, since they are already in F1.
bently VS audi in le mans
Old 12-13-2005, 09:34 AM

Car Info: Black WRX Sedan
simplify the cars

I couldn't agree more with yzercyber.

Bring back the stock look, keep them at 2.0T and drope the fancy diff's and tranny's. I used to love watching WRC back in 2001. But in just the last couple years, the developement of the diffs has changed the driving to point of it being boring to watch. Loeb to his credit has been the one to perfect his driving to just brake and go instead of drifting throught the corners. Yes it's faster - but it's not much fun to watch. Frankly I don't care about how fast they go just make it fun to watch. Heck now days we need VirtualSpectator graphics to see who's driving faster as the styles are all the same.

Originally Posted by yzercyber
I've been watching WRC for only a couple of years , but IMHO participation in the sport needs to become less expensive to entice more manufacturers into the fray.

As much as I dislike the idea of outlawing selected technologies from racing, I'd get rid of the electronic transmissions and go back to manual clutches and gearboxes. The electronic transmissions are a huge percentage of the investment needed to produce a competetive car. I know that the rallies will be a lot slower without them and that F1 and other categories of racing rely on them.

The more a WRC car resembles the stock vesion of the car, the more the sport will appeal to the people who buy the cars. Sure, you can find something like them in big-ticket supercars but it's going to be a long, long time before these high tech trannies trickle down to the performance cars most of us can afford.

Honestly, wouldn't you rather watch an in-car video of a rally driver rowing through the gears, just like we do? I think that would introduce some excitment into the TV coverage, for sure.

Don't outlaw turbocharging. Keep AWD and 2.0L displacement. Just dump the bang boxes and I'll bet you'll see manufacturers like Toyota, Hyundai, Volvo, GM....who knows who else get into the game.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:56 AM
VIP Member

Great... Mitsubishi dropped out for the '06 season as well...

http://www.wrc.com/page/BreakingNews...755137,00.html