Thinking of moving to OR, Pros/Cons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 05:33 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
I think there is your answer! Just a bunch of plaid wearing lumberjacks and ex-Californians driving up real estate prices! I thought about moving up there but couldn't find a job that paid enough.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:35 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
rain. depression. oh wait, that's if you live in Salem. Oregon can be a really pretty part of the country, i lived in Salem for a year while going to college. the rain and the lack of sunshine really got to me during the winter though. Grants Pass is far enough south of Salem that the weather might be more palatable, but it depends on where you're coming from. i'm from Silicon Valley, so it took some getting used to.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Don't feel bad about people NOT replying to your thread that live in Oregon. I posted a thread myself just giving a "what's up" and no one replied. dropkick and homer j are Californian Bay Area guys like me. Sorry all your answers had to come from a differant state, but here i go on Oregon.

The forests are beautiful, The coastline is beautiful. The people are nice "if you can get em to talk" And the Portland Trailblazers are my favorite NBA team. The city of Portland is great (with free public transit) but it's one of the few places in the state that serves good food. But coming from Wisconsin maybe you're not a picky as most Californians.

They also don't let you pump your own gas. (i like doing it myself)

rich
Old 09-16-2003, 01:49 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
Lived in Portland all my life, its a great city, I've really liked all oregon cities I've been to (most of them). Grants Pass I dont know much about, but Oregon as a whole is a good place to live. As far as job market, I dont think its too hot right now, but this too will pass. The best thing is there are a lot of subies

P.S. And as to HomerJay, shut up, I'm no lumber jack and I sure as hell have never worn plaid. We dont want your type up here anyway.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Don't worry fellas Homer j is really an ok guy just having fun. Hence the smily face.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:47 PM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza Coupe RS-T Tec3/Vishnu turbo Color: B
I was thinking of moving there, I found quite a few jobs starting around the $18 start rate. Thats alot less than Im making now.

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving to OR, Pros/Cons?