Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

sti?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
STI is an actual division of Subaru. STI is more like TRD for Toyota then Type R for Honda. You can put TRD (or TTE) parts on your Toyota. You can put STI (or SPT) parts onto your Subaru. There is no division of Honda called Type R. You can't put Type R parts on your Honda. You can put parts *from* a Type R on your Honda, but those are usually branded as Honda or Mugen or whathaveyou.

Just because you don't have an STi, doesn't mean that you can't put STI parts on your car.

Now, if you put "Spec-C" or "V-Limited" or "Type R" or "Type RA" stickers on your Subaru, thats a different story.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:50 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
^^ ditto well said nKoan
Old 04-29-2004, 04:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
^^

exactly what he said. I have STi springs (STi being the performance division or subaru - think NISMO, or MOPAR, or SVT), so I could technically run an STi badge or stickers. Personal preference for me dictates that I wouldnt', but I could, and I wouldn't be rice.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:59 PM

Car Info: white sti
agreed. if you can afford any sti part wear it with pride. it doesn't mean you are faking it means you bought the best aftermarket part for your car on the market
Old 04-30-2004, 11:19 AM

I wouldnt put STI stickers on my car, but I would leave them on the foglight covers....nice headlights!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 2008 Lexus GS350, 49' Chevy Pick Up(Rat)
I agree with everyone. as long as you don't put a STI emblem on the back and try to pass it off as a STI its all good. I have the STI V8 spoiler on my car and STI carbon sidemarkers. its all good. No one will tell you your Fake. By the way your car looks sweet.

-E
Old 04-30-2004, 12:06 PM

Car Info: WRB 2003 WRX
I see nothing wrong with putting STi parts on your car, hell I have STi pink springs. But if you put an STi emblem anywhere on your WRX, when your car was clearly not produced/manufactured as an STi. You SIR! are a FAKER .... a WANNABE in my book =) But hey, do what you want and what makes you happy .... but realise the fact that some people will point what I pointed out. Personally I would take those STi sticker off the fog light covers .... unless I have done a complete STi swap on my WRX car, wouldn't put an STi logo on my car .....
just my 2Cs
Old 04-30-2004, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Impreza Bugeye STI
You're a litlle bit off there..

TypeR oil pump(B-Series) will actually produce higher oil pressure than a stock one.
TypeR JDM 4-1 header(B-Series) will produce almost the highest HP vs any other header(not talking about ones that just dump out in front of the front wheels).
TypeR transmission is honda's strongest transmission.
TypeR main guage clusters look nicer.
Those are just a few TypeR parts that are in fact branded TypeR and not "Mugen", nor just "Honda"(but they are made by Honda).

But most people sporting the TypeR sticker don't run any of the above parts..

Originally posted by nKoan
There is no division of Honda called Type R. You can't put Type R parts on your Honda. You can put parts *from* a Type R on your Honda, but those are usually branded as Honda or Mugen or whathaveyou.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Really. I did not know that. Thats interesting, thanks for pointing that out.

Regardless, I think my argument still stands. My basic argument is that if the part comes with the STi or TypeR or whatever sticker (like the STi foglight covers), there is no need to take them off (unless you want to).

Putting on STi foglight covers (with the sticker already on them) is not the same thing as putting Type R stickers on your car (or for that matter, putting an STi badge on your trunk lid to make people think you drive an STi).
Old 04-30-2004, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Once I do my 2.5L and 6MT swap, then I'll rock the STI decals. :P
Old 04-30-2004, 04:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Impreza Bugeye STI
Originally posted by huck
Once I do my 2.5L and 6MT swap, then I'll rock the STI decals. :P
I wanted to do do that too(actually the 2.0L jdm though), but it ends up costing around $12k! I'll be saving my pennies for quite awhile...
Old 05-01-2004, 10:27 AM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
agreed, your buying parts which are beautiful but only come on the STi. They come with STi signs on them. More power to you! Plus the only people who really know the difference is us forum guys and we know how to tell the difference.

Enjoy your parts!
Old 05-02-2004, 08:13 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
anyone ever wonder why subar named the sti..well, an sti? cuz nissan never named the skyline GTR the Nismo, and mitsubishi didnt name their evolution ralliart..why do u suppose subaru named it the sti..just gets people confused about the parts and stuff..like the orginal thread starter guy said..i agree with everyone saying its ok to put sti logo if u have sti parts..because..yeah the sti is a type of car, but really its the racing division of subaru..like ralliart and nismo..and trd ..like..waht that guy said.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:19 AM

some of my friends always give me all this "you're a ricer/poser" crap just because i have sti foglight covers, sti lights, gauge cluster, basically my whole car has all STi parts on it. then they bring up the fact that my car isn't a STi, so i can't have the STi stickers on the foglight covers. hmmmm... okay, i guess that means that i can't put STi parts on my car also then, right? wrong, that's the misconception of this, well, for people that don't know. and i agree with what everybody here is saying and this is what i tell my friends and people that don't even know.

Quick Reply: sti?