Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My new toy!!! WRB 05...Let the fun begin!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:48 AM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
Hmm. I'm pretty busy at home these days with honey-do's. Keep me in the loop though.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by ZtotheH
Thanks for your concern, but if you are going to criticize then be more specific. This BOV is actually a BPV so I don't know where your concern is. Mine is full recirculating like the OEM BPV, so it's more eye candy than anything. Rice sound? Not the least bit, sorry, it makes no sound, the SF intake makes all of the noise. No tune? I'm currently tuned to Stage 1 with a Cobb AP v2, that is until I get the JDM TBE that is on order and I'll go Stage 2. After that, I'll get a Pro Tune when the real performance parts get installed.
You might want to say in you post that you are on a Cobb map, on a stock turbo the stock intake really is the best choice... I just don't want to see anything bad happen to you car, that's all
Old 04-07-2010, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
You might want to say in you post that you are on a Cobb map, on a stock turbo the stock intake really is the best choice... I just don't want to see anything bad happen to you car, that's all
Probably going back to the stock air box with a hi flow foam filter soon. Thanks for the heads up. After I bought the SF intake I started seein forum posts about this. Same with the BOV that's why I capped it up and now it's just a pretty looking BPV. I couldve used the $ to get some suspension mods...I guess I had to learn the hard way. I might be selling the intake and post MAF tube soon if you know anyone.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by grambo
Hmm. I'm pretty busy at home these days with honey-do's. Keep me in the loop though.
I know what you mean, my little human keeps me busy most of the time.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:13 PM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
I know what you mean, my little human keeps me busy most of the time.
Yep. The grommet and my house....it never ends. I spend all my free time in the garage wrenching. No sense in leaving you know? Mama alwasy knows where to find me and that keeps her content.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 AM

Washed, clayed and waxed the ride last night...5 hours of serious elbow grease...looks good in the end. I need a good swirl remover and a Porter Cable polisher for the next detail job, go all out!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Started a little project today, clearing the headlights and painting the shrouds black to match the grille. The paint turned out nicely, now it's time to wait patiently until the shrouds dry, pics to come soon...

Of course, when I put everything back together I blew a headlight out. Time to make another trip to the store.

Added a coar of wax on Friday night and the headlights look brand new!

Last edited by ZtotheH; 04-25-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: update...
Old 04-30-2010, 05:59 PM

JDM "Bling" One of many to come!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STi, 1997 Eclipse GST(SOLD)
Thanks. I'm all about focusing on suspension now, I wanna be flushed and aggressive looking, 17X9 or 18X9's. Probably just get some Tein STech springs and a set of Rota's for the time being. I want to go with a BBK before I get some legit rollers!
i have some used Stechs. I will let them go for super cheap send me a pm
Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 AM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy GT
ahh 05 wrb...just what i wanted...nice car...its been a whole month since i totaled my 04 wrb wrx =( im still looking for a 04-05 wrx
Old 05-03-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by EnticivEclipse
i have some used Stechs. I will let them go for super cheap send me a pm
PM'ed
Originally Posted by tedward88
ahh 05 wrb...just what i wanted...nice car...its been a whole month since i totaled my 04 wrb wrx =( im still looking for a 04-05 wrx
Sorry to hear that, I hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:36 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Wow... Lots of progress in only one month.

And the "VIP Member" thing is slapped on when the mods/admins notice a member actively supporting the community. Usually by organizing events and meets. Really not that exciting, I think the only thing you get with the VIP status is just a status, the only real change is that you get a bigger PM box I think.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Wow... Lots of progress in only one month.

And the "VIP Member" thing is slapped on when the mods/admins notice a member actively supporting the community. Usually by organizing events and meets. Really not that exciting, I think the only thing you get with the VIP status is just a status, the only real change is that you get a bigger PM box I think.
Thanks! I've got the JDM burning from within!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 PM

Car Info: EQ Built/Tuned WRX
Washed, clayed and waxed the ride last night...5 hours of serious elbow grease...looks good in the end. I need a good swirl remover and a Porter Cable polisher for the next detail job, go all out!
hey let me know if you still need a good polish to get rid of those swirl marks/water spots.. im doing some detailing on the side and im hooking up all the Subaru guys $200 includes hand bucket wash, clay bar, 4 step polish, sealant wax, and a second coat of carnuba wax to give it some extra shine . i already have a porter cable and a duffel bag full of products that will make your car look and feel slick!! its a cheap deal let me know dude!! i can come to you, or if you feel like a drive you can come here (turlock)... just shoot me over a pm. thanks!! and this deal goes for anybody on here around the area....
Old 05-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by blue04WRX
hey let me know if you still need a good polish to get rid of those swirl marks/water spots.. im doing some detailing on the side and im hooking up all the Subaru guys $200 includes hand bucket wash, clay bar, 4 step polish, sealant wax, and a second coat of carnuba wax to give it some extra shine . i already have a porter cable and a duffel bag full of products that will make your car look and feel slick!! its a cheap deal let me know dude!! i can come to you, or if you feel like a drive you can come here (turlock)... just shoot me over a pm. thanks!! and this deal goes for anybody on here around the area....
Thanks...I do like the feeling when I finish a detail. I will probably take you up on this offer sometime, but for now I'll continue with my regiment! Gotta try the double bucket wash, legit stuff!

What products do you use?

Quick Reply: My new toy!!! WRB 05...Let the fun begin!