Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My 07 WRX. Modding away.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
dang, before you even got your license lol, so lucky. take good care of your car, you will love it =]
Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Honestly....the WRX is a very capable car. Especially the 06 and 07 when compaired to the STi, you are not that far off the mark. Easy to get a nice increase in torque, horespower will take a bit more work. But the 2.5 liter and the brakes the WRX has makes it a much better platform when compaired to the older WRX's.

Don't let that crap about the girl having the STi bother you, just keep tabs on how long she actually has it, if she can't handle it, sooner or later she may envy you and your WRX
Old 04-02-2007, 04:19 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM WLX
Nice ride, sounds like you have a pretty good attitude as well. Keep up the mods and happy motoring!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 04 WRB Stizzle
Wow what a lucky guy, my advice to you is get used to your car at it's stock power before reflashing with the cobb v2
Old 04-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 05 wrb wrx wagon
real nice dude. i would have been super stoked to have a car like that at your age. hell, i didn't even get my own car till after high school. nice mod list so far too. did you have to bend the a/c line to fit that strut bar? i've got an 06 sti and having a hell of a time finding a bar that'll fit.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 PM

Car Info: 2007 O.B.P WRX
Don't let that crap about the girl having the STi bother you, just keep tabs on how long she actually has it, if she can't handle it, sooner or later she may envy you and your WRX
Oh I know, Its kind of just a natural envy that lies inside everyone. Her boyfriend races motocross so shes always at the tracks now that she just got her license, but at least I can ride circles around him on the track.

my advice to you is get used to your car at it's stock power before reflashing with the cobb v2
Been there, done that. Obviously, I'm going to have the car flashed to the stage 1 map for a little while until I buy a downpipe and go stage 2. However, the stage 1 should help smooth out the powerband a little and add some HP on the butt dyno.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by mokeOne
real nice dude. i would have been super stoked to have a car like that at your age. hell, i didn't even get my own car till after high school. nice mod list so far too. did you have to bend the a/c line to fit that strut bar? i've got an 06 sti and having a hell of a time finding a bar that'll fit.
Thanks a lot man I appreciate it. Yeah, I had to bend the AC hardline a little bit but nothing major. You just have to unbolt it from the bracket and push the bar so it sits under the bracket. The only one that I can think of that fits money is the SPT one. However, the replica STI strut bars can be found for dirt cheap and provide the same functionality as any other strut bar.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:29 PM

Some other pics:
Attached Thumbnails My 07 WRX. Modding away.-babd.jpg   My 07 WRX. Modding away.-bdagh.jpg  
Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by iRace559
Yeah I know that. My friend had the same one on his evo and he told me its a good thing to have, so I ordered it and then did some research and realized the Suby's dont really need one. I was going to send it back, but decided to install it anyway. Nothing like a little peace of mind. I only have it set for 30 seconds anyway haha.

its not a bad idea at all, I think I will put one on my next Suby just to be different

it also helps to make sure you do not do the "run hard and put her away wet" thing.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Those wing risers have been bugging me for quite some time. I left them on there to stand out from the crowd, but the truth is I'm not so crazy about them. If anybody wants them let me know.

I went ahead and ordered an S202 Replica Spoiler that I think will look badass on the car.

Heres a link to some pictures with it on a white STI

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthre...t=S202+Spoiler
Old 04-04-2007, 04:48 PM

good call on that s202 spoiler. it would have gotten one when i had a bug eye, but i would have gotten a ton of tickets
Old 04-04-2007, 04:48 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Those wing risers have been bugging me for quite some time. I left them on there to stand out from the crowd, but the truth is I'm not so crazy about them. If anybody wants them let me know.

I went ahead and ordered an S202 Replica Spoiler that I think will look badass on the car.

Heres a link to some pictures with it on a white STI

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthre...t=S202+Spoiler
Why do you HAVE to have a spoiler? IMO both look terrible.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 PM

good call on that s202 spoiler. it would have gotten one when i had a bug eye, but i would have gotten a ton of tickets
How come? No third brake light? On the new WRX theres one on the wing AND one in the rear windshield. I should be fine right?

Why do you HAVE to have a spoiler? IMO both look terrible.
Lets face it, I'm not going to be going around with my wingless sleeper and street racing people. I like to have a nice balance of show and go. Plus, unless I plug up the holes on the trunk or do a swap I have to have something there. I think the s202 spoiler looks badass anyway haha.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
How come? No third brake light? On the new WRX theres one on the wing AND one in the rear windshield. I should be fine right?
I think he's saying due to a ton of tickets....he couldn't afford to get the S202 wing.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:42 PM

haha naw, i could have gotten the wing, but gotten a ton of tickets also for having it. hawaii has some dumb laws, a little thing called "recon" being one of them. and wings with aluminum risers (or whatever the vertical parts are called) are not liked by the law round here.

Quick Reply: My 07 WRX. Modding away.